Best lines of 707

17 hours ago, Cron said:

Oh, you never heard of gods and goddesses, demigods and demigoddesses??  Oh yeah.  In lots of mythology, a "demigod" or a "demigoddess" and one parent who is a god and the other parent is human.  This is especially common in Greek mythology.   Hercules, for example, is a demigod.  So is Perseus.   They have one parent who is a god and one who is hijman, and they themselves are powerful, too.

So, like I said, to me, "Deminelle" means powerful female. 

Yes, exactly.  Half human and half god.  "Demi"   Still, in mythology, the demigods and demigodesses are VERY powerful, believe me.

English is not my first language so the word demi before god did not ring any bells. Translation does, of course.

2 hours ago, Deminelle said:

English is not my first language so the word demi before god did not ring any bells. Translation does, of course.

Oh, really? Well, your English seems very good to me.

Do you mind if I ask what your first language is, or would you rather not say?

By the way, I like your "location," too, "Off the wall."  HARR!!

Your wit and cleverness seem pretty good for a person whose primary language is not English, and I admire people who are bilingual (probably cuz I myself know VERY little of any language but English, so other languages seem exotic and cool to me)

Or is "off the wall" an expression in other languages, too?  I dunno.

On 9/2/2017 at 2:50 AM, #teamNightking said:

Deus ex Bran

Really unfair to him to have been outdone by omniscient magic rather than wit. 

There was no scene proving this, the writers just had Bran recall these events with no shred of a discussion between him and his sisters coordinating things.

Its was sloppy writing.

9 hours ago, Yukle said:

There was no scene proving this, the writers just had Bran recall these events with no shred of a discussion between him and his sisters coordinating things.

Its was sloppy writing.

Maybe the discussion happened off screen? Neither Bran nor Arya was surprised when Sansa levied charges against LF. 

10 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

Maybe the discussion happened off screen? Neither Bran nor Arya was surprised when Sansa levied charges against LF. 

Yes, which is sloppy writing.

Not bothering to explain to the audience and leaving us to say, "Maybe this happened off-screen..." is terrible. For one thing, other than our assumption that they spoke about this beforehand, there is no actual evidence from the show that Sansa and Arya ever discussed this with Bran.

21 hours ago, Yukle said:

Its was sloppy writing.

Isaac Hempstead Wright mentioned there is a scene of Bran and divulging Littlefinger's misdeeds to Sansa. Unfortunately it was cut from the show.

2 hours ago, Lord Lyman said:

Isaac Hempstead Wright mentioned there is a scene of Bran and divulging Littlefinger's misdeeds to Sansa. Unfortunately it was cut from the show.

Oh, so it's not sloppy writing, it's sloppy editing. :( 

Seems there is a missing line, or really rather a Raven-note.

We see it implicitly, Both the Unsullied and Dothraki armies are at the gates and observed.

Danny arrives on a weapon of mass destruction.

So it's all understood.

Team Dany , still, are in a dangerous place, expected to see a written note saying like "We will flatten and burn KL if any harm presents itself."

On 4.9.2017 at 7:57 AM, Yukle said:

Oh, so it's not sloppy writing, it's sloppy editing. :( 

I'm glad they cut that scene. Not just because of the drama (it would have detracted from the effect of the final show down) but also because it leaves much more room for interpretaion as to when and how Sansa figured it out. Leaving that scene out also adds more substance to the whole conflict between Sansa and Arya the whole season. We can see how they both distrust each other while they are still struggling to not fall into the trap of turning against their own family. Having Bran sitting there at the table was enough to show what had happened.

Archived