[SPOILERS] What did you love about this episode?

1.  Drogon's entry into the dragon pit - and exit.  Beautiful work, very believable, loved his stretching his wings.

2.  Tyrion's meeting with Cersei.  (he's finally had a decent scene!)

3.  The Stark she-wolves bring down Littlefinger!  Reconciliation of Sansa and Arya - the Pack Survives (for now).  I just wish there had been more reminiscing.

4.  Sandor and Brienne's brief discussion on the road into the city.  (but no mention of Sansa?)

5.  Jaime's Independence Day!  

6. Snow falling on Jaime and the South.  Winter is here.

Qyburn seeing the wight and just being fascinated/ running up to grab the hand and check it out. It was something I was looking forward they'd have this episode just because you can totally see his character being fascinated by the white walkers and the science behind it. It's just right up his alley. 

WHAT IS DEAD CAN NEVER DIE.

Theon Greyjoy is BACK.  Get.  Hype.

I have been waiting a long time for them to pull the trigger on some redemptive re-ascention arc instead of just "LOL NO PENIS" material and this episode shows my wait was not in vain.  Even though they didn't completely abandon LOL NO PENIS just yet.  Still.  The heart to heart with Jon where he's in tears, gets as much absolution as he's going to get, and the realization of purpose.  Even a symbolic renewal of Ironborn Baptism (softcore version, this is Theon after all :) ) on the beach after he beat the crap out of that dude and finally won the respect of his people [after Jon's speech allowed him to win respect for himself, loves me some allegory and symbolism].  And just as Yara never fully gave up on him (topless dog trainer aside), he's not giving up on her.  Go save her, Theon Greyjoy.  I am juiced and ready to believe and am gonna have a hard time waiting for Season 8 and the culmination of Theon's long odyssey to finally become his own man.

And that was just my second favorite segment of this episode. :devil:

Night's King tearing down the fucking wall with Zombviserion.  To quote a colleague elsewhere:

Every time the Night King has significant time on an episode, he shows exactly why you should be completely fucking terrified of him. 

This show has not been perfect.  It's whiffed on some stuff I was really disappointed to see not connect.  But more often than not I think they've gotten the really important stuff right.  And they'd have to fuck up the White Walkers to lose me.  They have never fully lost me because they get the Army of the Dead right.  It's always been the real menace and everything else, pretty and compelling as it is, has always been the distraction.  Yeah those mega chains last week were goofy but that aside, they get this right.  The Wall is breached.  The 8000 year old true enemy is here.  It's time for the Main Event.

3rd place was Sansa finally pivoting and the Stark kids reducing Baelish to an impotent, useless, sniveling, terrified mess of tears and pitiful begging destined to be unheeded.  He went out like a chump.  And after all he's done to so many people, it's so deeply cathartic.  Any other week it'd be my highlight but it's barely a footnote in this episode.  Cheers.

I thought they absolutely nailed just about everything in this episode. It goes up there as one of my all-time favourites. I loved all the interactions at the Dragon Pit, especially Sandor's face-off with his brother and the Tyrion-Bronn-Podrick reunion. I hope those three get to work together again in the future.

Littlefinger is my favourite character in the books, so I was a bit gutted to see him killed off. But it was the best way for him to go, reduced to a snivelling wreck by the woman he trained. I do think he should have been able to argue his case a bit better though, taken by surprise or not.

Jaime finally standing up to Cersei and telling her where to stick it was sweet. The look on her face as he walked away from her was totally perfect - kudos to two fantastic actors for that scene. And the Tyrion-Cersei scene was also really well done.

The Wall coming down. We all knew it was coming but it was still spectacular to see. UnViserion looked amazing and the Night King is going to take some stopping. I just hope that Tormund survived the Wall falling.

I am so hyped for Season 8 now, the wait is going to be unbearable.

Many things. I thought it was an excellent episode, even if it was slightly predictable.

-The Wall comes down! We knew it was coming, but it was shot incredibly, and I felt terrified as it happened.

-A lot of the early episode reunions. Brienne and the Hound was probably the best, but it felt great to have Tyrion, Bronn, Varys and Pod all together bantering again (though I wish Varys had gotten more lines).

-The Tyrion and Cersei scene was my favourite in the episode. Oh man I have been missing their dynamic and interactions, and the actors really bring out the best in each other.

-Jaime finally leaves Cersei!

-The Littlefinger reveal. Ok, some of this plotline was a bit too much, but it was still so satisfying, and perfectly acted by Gillen, Turner, and Williams.

-Everyone telling Jon he's an idiot. Because holy shit, Jon, you're really dumb.

Overall it was a great season finale.

Qyburn with the hand was funny as, my favourite moment.

Dinklage's acting with Headey was better than it has been since season 4.

I like Sansa now, never thought I would say it but she now seems the most reasonable and grown up (young) character in the story.

Oh and the NK looked cool on a dragon, way better than Dany does.

I liked Jamie coming back to his regular book character arc. 

I didn't like it but I will acknowledge that Kit and Emilia has slightly better on screen chemistry than previous episodes.

And I like that this season is finally done and hopefully D&D don't do anymore outrageous/nonsensical plot lines.

Archived