[SPOILERS] What did you love about this episode?

1) Sansa's scenes. Take that, doubters!!!

2) Cersei scheming. Having the intention to backstab Dany & co. is actually very Cersei and it would be out of character for her to say yes to the truce

3) Qyburn's fascination with the wight

... *searching for positives*

... *still searching*

... nope that's all I guess.

14 minutes ago, ummester said:

Qyburn with the hand was funny as, my favourite moment.

Dinklage's acting with Headey was better than it has been since season 4.

I like Sansa now, never thought I would say it but she now seems the most reasonable and grown up (young) character in the story.

Oh and the NK looked cool on a dragon, way better than Dany does.

I loved Qyburn's fascination with the wight. Such a little moment, but it was played so well and is very fitting.

One more thing I forgot to add in my post: the Jon-Theon scene. This felt like a real breakthrough for Theon, and more importantly, these two characters were meant to play off each other. As a recent GRRM pointed out, these two are two sides of the same coin: both raised in the Stark family but not quite Starks, one unable to reconcile his dual identity while the other is able to manage. I loved seeing them interact, and I loved Allen's acting in the scene, and Jon's semi-forgiveness of Theon. Jon's character comes off as pretty flat in a lot of this season, but he thrives in scenes where Kit and put in a little more emotion.

wow so many moments, it was a great episode.

1. Dany and Jon :)

2. Jamie walking away from Cersei, bravo!!

3. The Starks vs Littlefinger, i was so happy to see it happening and Bran was there too :)

4. The meeting at the pit, Danys entrance was great.

5. Theon being brave, so glad for him.

6. Jon´s true name finally revealed.

A bit I low-key loved was Bronn and Podrick conveniently leaving just before Cersei arrived.

For those who don't know, Lena Heady and Jerome Flynn used to date, hate each other, and both their contracts state that they will never be in the same room or on the same set. So Bronn was written out to go have beers just before she arrived.

It just made me laugh.

44 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

Sandor attired with "city clothing". I think it's the first time we see him without armour or chainmail?…

We have seen him in street clothes last season when he travelling with the septon. But a nice sight nonetheless :)

The more I think about it the more I like this episode.

-the hound/gregor face-off, cleganebowl confirmed?

-qyburn's reaction upon seeing the wight

-conversation between Tyrion and Cersei, great acting and brought me back to the good dialogue of earlier seasons

-LF death was quite satisfying

-Jaime finally leaving Cersei, really glad they didn't wait for that till season 8

-the scene where you can see the first snow falling in KL combined with the music....just perfect

-boatsex

-ending scene was epic, glad Tormund survived

* The snow in Kings Landing Scene. THIS should have been the last scene of season 7, not the stupid, visually underwhelming Emmerich-style Ice Dragon thing.

* The wight and the Hounds fear of what is inside the box

* Qyburns fascination for the wight -- and in the end it seemed to much even for his twisted curiosity.

* Some of the talking before the gathering. Pod/Bronn/The Hound etc.

* Nearly all of Lena Headys acting

* Sam seeming less uncomfortable with Dr. Branhattan than other.

*The transition from Rhaegar and Lyanna to Jon and Daenerys.

* I honestly tried to find something to love in the Littlefinger scenes - but I did not.

Finally, Littlefinger has been brought down in the way I always wanted it to happen. Well, almost. I really wish Sansa would've been the one to "swing the sword", but I guess this will have to do... Loved the groveling, he finally came crashing down.

All of Theon. Saw the nutshot thing coming as soon as the fight started. It was still great. The scene in the throne room is probably one of my favourites with him.

Cersei being so obvious about her pregnancy to the point that Tyrion figured it out. Cersei being the wight's intended target when Sandor kicked the box over. Qyburn being an adorable necromancer.

All of the reunions this season in general, I'm hoping for an Arya-Hound-Sansa reunion next season. Mostly the Hound and Sansa, because well... I'm not a SanSan shipper, but he did sort of protect her from Joffrey.

Not a Jon-Dany fan either, but I feel like their romance has been better written than I expected. Unlike all the travel it at least wasn't rushed (though who really wants to see fifty scenes of people riding/sailing back and forth?).

Jaime leaving Cersei! The only way it could have been better was if he had strangled her. But you can't have everything, I guess.

But Tormund! Tormund and, to a lesser extent, Beric :( I need the Giantsbane alive, goddammit! If only for him to gawk at Brienne some more...

Also, I've never seen it mentioned before, but on a scale of 1-10, how stupid (and foreshadowy) was it of Dany to name one of her dragons after her season one antagonist? Like really. Brother or no, in her shoes I would not have named a dragon after him.

1 minute ago, Aniel said:

Finally, Littlefinger has been brought down in the way I always wanted it to happen. Well, almost. I really wish Sansa would've been the one to "swing the sword", but I guess this will have to do... Loved the groveling, he finally came crashing down.

All of Theon. Saw the nutshot thing coming as soon as the fight started. It was still great. The scene in the throne room is probably one of my favourites with him.

Cersei being so obvious about her pregnancy to the point that Tyrion figured it out. Cersei being the wight's intended target when Sandor kicked the box over. Qyburn being an adorable necromancer.

All of the reunions this season in general, I'm hoping for an Arya-Hound-Sansa reunion next season. Mostly the Hound and Sansa, because well... I'm not a SanSan shipper, but he did sort of protect her from Joffrey.

Not a Jon-Dany fan either, but I feel like their romance has been better written than I expected. Unlike all the travel it at least wasn't rushed (though who really wants to see fifty scenes of people riding/sailing back and forth?).

Jaime leaving Cersei! The only way it could have been better was if he had strangled her. But you can't have everything, I guess.

But Tormund! Tormund and, to a lesser extent, Beric :( I need the Giantsbane alive, goddammit! If only for him to gawk at Brienne some more...

Also, I've never seen it mentioned before, but on a scale of 1-10, how stupid (and foreshadowy) was it of Dany to name one of her dragons after her season one antagonist? Like really. Brother or no, in her shoes I would not have named a dragon after him.

I think Dany felt sorry and somewhat guilty for the way her brother ended and maybe that was her way of dealing wit it. 

Archived