Discussing Sansa XXXIII: Pack survived

Mladen

11 minutes ago, Pandean said:

I think he is at Runestone. 

Granted, looking to Robyn for anything is a crapshoot at best...

I wonder if we'll see more of him next season...

Robin Arryn at this point is just a symbol, nothing more. He is the Lord of the Vale in name only.

6 minutes ago, Gaz0680 said:

Robin Arryn at this point is just a symbol, nothing more. He is the Lord of the Vale in name only.

Sure, but who's Lord in reality? LF has been running things, but it was all a pretty delicate balance, and there's no way anyone can just pick up what he left behind. (Certainly not Royce, unless he wants to openly call Robin a hostage and imply that he'll kill him and take power in a coup if anyone has a problem with that.)

So, this is something the Vale Lords either need to work out among themselves, or ask their liege to rule for them (since they apparently think they've bent the knee to Jon, King in the North).

But, again, I don't think it matters enough for the show to show it to us. As long as Royce can continue to lead the Vale's armies no matter who's running the skeleton crew back home in Robin's name, good enough.

Just now, Hoo said:

i wonder what Sansa's reaction will be to Jon's bride

Shotgun wedding LyanaxRhaegar style.

Sansa will be like "I hope this goes over better than the last time the KitN married a foreigner."

14 minutes ago, Gaz0680 said:

If he is mentioned, it would most likely be off screen. And if he dies, same thing.

Like "Oh wait guys Sweetrobin is dead who has the Vale now"

But I think it would be more interesting if Sweetrobin, out of all people, survived.

1 minute ago, Pandean said:

Shotgun wedding LyanaxRhaegar style.

Sansa will be like "I hope this goes over better than the last time the KitN married a foreigner."

If he is mentioned, it would most likely be off screen. And if he dies, same thing.

Like "Oh wait guys Sweetrobin is dead who has the Vale now"

But I think it would be more interesting if Sweetrobin, out of all people, survived.

It wouldn't surprise me if Robin confounded everyone and survived.  Whether he'll ever mature into a decent person is another matter...

2 minutes ago, falcotron said:

Sure, but who's Lord in reality? LF has been running things, but it was all a pretty delicate balance, and there's no way anyone can just pick up what he left behind. (Certainly not Royce, unless he wants to openly call Robin a hostage and imply that he'll kill him and take power in a coup if anyone has a problem with that.)

So, this is something the Vale Lords either need to work out among themselves, or ask their liege to rule for them (since they apparently think they've bent the knee to Jon, King in the North).

But, again, I don't think it matters enough for the show to show it to us. As long as Royce can continue to lead the Vale's armies no matter who's running the skeleton crew back home in Robin's name, good enough.

I can see them making one of the Stark's the Lord/Lady just for convenience in writing's sake.

In some way that defies succession, since they killed LF....

I'm not entirely sure. It's not like Robin is a sound political mind.

Is there anyone related by blood or otherwise to the Vale lords?

BTW: the 'Hoo' poster is a complete troll (see the rant and rave thread). Probably best to ignore him.

1 minute ago, Raksha 2014 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Robin confounded everyone and survived.  Whether he'll ever mature into a decent person is another matter...

I would love this, and it wouldn't surprise me either.

1 minute ago, Raksha 2014 said:

Definitely. I could see that.

As for the decent person....maybe. LF doesn't have him anymore and neither does Lysa. If Royce's men can help him mature...

Just now, greensleeves said:

BTW: the 'Hoo' poster is a complete troll (see the rant and rave thread). Probably best to ignore him.

I would love this, and it wouldn't surprise me either.

Good to know

27 minutes ago, Pandean said:

Is there anyone related by blood or otherwise to the Vale lords?

Lots of people are related to the Arryns, but none of them are very closely related.

In the books, everyone in the Vale has recognized this. They've worked out that the best claim to heir presumptive is a doubly-maternal second cousin, and they've all agreed that if Sweetrobin dies without issue, that cousin, Harry Hardyng, will take on the name Harrold Arryn, and they'll all swear to him as their new Lord Paramount.

In the show, we don't know who Robin's heir presumptive is. You could try to look up all the characters from the show in the book appendices, assuming their lineages are the same, and try to work it out… but even if there is an unambiguous result, I doubt that's something D&D are likely to use.

I think they're just going to leave it that the future succession of the Vale is in doubt, but hey, that's better than the Stormlands.

8 minutes ago, falcotron said:

Lots of people are related to the Arryns, but none of them are very closely related.

In the books, everyone in the Vale has recognized this. They've worked out that the best claim to heir presumptive is a doubly-maternal second cousin, and they've all agreed that if Sweetrobin dies without issue, that cousin, Harry Hardyng, will take on the name Harrold Arryn, and they'll all swear to him as their new Lord Paramount.

In the show, we don't know who Robin's heir presumptive is. You could try to look up all the characters from the show in the book appendices, assuming their lineages are the same, and try to work it out… but even if there is an unambiguous result, I doubt that's something D&D are likely to use.

I think they're just going to leave it that the future succession of the Vale is in doubt, but hey, that's better than the Stormlands.

Stormlands? What Stormlands? 

Essentially, at least as far as the show is concerned, Lord Royce is the face of the Vale now, just as Tormund is for wildlings or Grey Worm for the Unsullied.

Lord Royce follows Sansa. I doubt there will even be mention of young Robin Arryn again in the show. I dont even recall him being mentioned this season.

4 minutes ago, Pandean said:

Stormlands? What Stormlands? 

The anarcho-syndicalist utopia that Dany has set up camp right in the middle of without even noticing. It's going to be hilarious when she finally takes King's Landing and announces she's going to break the wheel, and they all ask "What wheel?"

10 minutes ago, Gaz0680 said:

Essentially, at least as far as the show is concerned, Lord Royce is the face of the Vale now, just as Tormund is for wildlings or Grey Worm for the Unsullied.

Lord Royce follows Sansa. I doubt there will even be mention of young Robin Arryn again in the show. I dont even recall him being mentioned this season.

Show!Logic-wise, I can see them giving the Vale and whatnot to Sansa via Royce.

9 minutes ago, falcotron said:

The anarcho-syndicalist utopia that Dany has set up camp right in the middle of without even noticing. It's going to be hilarious when she finally takes King's Landing and announces she's going to break the wheel, and they all ask "What wheel?"

"From the oppression! From the high lords who play their game of thrones! For--For, wait. Why are you walking away?"

The Vale joins the Stormlands and Dorne in nonexistent TV Land.... chop off the head of a few snakes, the whole Dornish army just disappears in a puff of smoke.

The Reach should have considerable amounts of forces even with the deaths of the Tyrells & Tarlys, but that won't be covered either lol.

You can bet The Golden Company will have more screen time.

19 minutes ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

The Vale joins the Stormlands and Dorne in nonexistent TV Land.... chop off the head of a few snakes, the whole Dornish army just disappears in a puff of smoke.

The Reach should have considerable amounts of forces even with the deaths of the Tyrells & Tarlys, but that won't be covered either lol.

You can bet The Golden Company will have more screen time.

Didn't Cersei mention that the Golden Company has elephants?  I foresee a big Dothraki vs. G.C. battle, horses vs. elephants; where are the Rohirrim when you need them...

5 minutes ago, dantares83 said:

the second i saw Bran that, i was so relieved. 

Bran being able to see everything would not just sit by and watch one sister pass judgement on another - no matter how emo he has become.

Yeah Bran was a giveaway also, but for me it was Arya walking in with the Cats paw dagger on her hip, when last episode we saw her give it to Sansa hilt first and leave the room. For me, the second I saw that confirmed it was all a big set up and they were playing Littlefinger.

Archived