Discussing Sansa XXXIII: Pack survived

Mladen

3 hours ago, Ygrain said:

:agree:

One thing I am wondering: to what extent was this season's sisterly drama the show authors' invention? I don't think book Arya would be so psychopathic towards Sansa, or book Sansa so dumb, but there is a reason why Sansa might feel genuinely threatened if Arya ever learned: that little detail which Sansa either never realized, or completely shut out of her mind - that she told Cersei about Ned's plans. I don't think we've heard about it since ASOS when Tyrion reflects on her betrayal of her own father; does LF know? Because that would definitely trigger quite some enmity, in a way more plausible basis than what the show tried to do, if LF spilled the beans to Arya.

This is something I wondered. Obviously, there is something there, but what. I had the same idea about Sansa's indiscretion being used against her and I can actually see that creating the conflict we have seen on screen. I think Sansa never realized what she did, even though she is aware that Cersei betrayed her trust too. It will be interesting to see when this ghost of her past will come to haunt Sansa. 

9 hours ago, Risto said:

This is something I wondered. Obviously, there is something there, but what. I had the same idea about Sansa's indiscretion being used against her and I can actually see that creating the conflict we have seen on screen. I think Sansa never realized what she did, even though she is aware that Cersei betrayed her trust too. It will be interesting to see when this ghost of her past will come to haunt Sansa. 

With all the changes to the show, it is difficult to assess what comes from where but I believe GRRM told them, in broad strokes,  what is planned for the characters. But show Sansa didn't go to Cersei, or did she? So the letter, which is way more convincing, had to be used, plus a couple more elements to make the conflict more plausible (a spectacular fail there, but at least they tried).

But, IMHO, that mistake should come back bite Sansa in the ass because realizing one's past mistakes is an inevitable part of character growth.

4 hours ago, Ygrain said:

With all the changes to the show, it is difficult to assess what comes from where but I believe GRRM told them, in broad strokes,  what is planned for the characters. But show Sansa didn't go to Cersei, or did she? So the letter, which is way more convincing, had to be used, plus a couple more elements to make the conflict more plausible (a spectacular fail there, but at least they tried).

But, IMHO, that mistake should come back bite Sansa in the ass because realizing one's past mistakes is an inevitable part of character growth.

In the show, Sansa didn't go to Cersei which makes me believe they used a letter to create the conflict. In the books, we will have that so the entire conflict would be more believable. Yes, I also think that is going to bite Sansa one way or another. Martin wouldn't let it just disappear. 

Archived