An Entire Season without Ghost

Snormund

4 hours ago, Infeth said:

It's a dog, pull yourself together...

Wolf actually but Ghost's disappearance really brings home just how shitty the writing on this show is; they kept Jon away from his siblings, he's more of Dany's righthand man than king, he didn't even go to Winterfell etc. After 6 seasons of Jon becoming his own man and embracing his Starkness suddenly they drop all of this to make him behave more Targaryen like. 

5 hours ago, LucyMormont said:

Of all the bad decisions made by the showrunners (and I include the poor writing and all the senseless plot turns), Ghost's absence is the most unforgivable. 

You'd be surprised at how many viewers, especially casual viewers, who don't give a flying toss about Ghost and why he's not visibly around all the time.

I can buy it from an economical perspective, since they are on a budget. 
Given how the series panned out, Ghosts presence would've changed very little. I wouldn't have minded him being around, but I'm totally fine with him not being around.

They should have at least shown Ghost at Winterfell.  Jon could have left him there to protect Sansa.  And how cool would it have been to see Sansa and Bran at the table in the great hall, with Ghost next to them and Arya standing, and Baelish on trial. That whole scene would have been much more powerful, and the whole pack survives scene would have had more meaning IMO.  

I honestly don't understand why they didn't have Ghost killed as a part of Jon's ressurencion. It would have made the moment a lot more poignant, given Ghost an epic send-off and it's not like he's been seen in the last two seasons anyway.

22 minutes ago, Maid So Fair said:

I honestly don't understand why they didn't have Ghost killed as a part of Jon's ressurencion. It would have made the moment a lot more poignant, given Ghost an epic send-off and it's not like he's been seen in the last two seasons anyway.

Agree, since I think Jon's consciousness will be in Ghost as he resurrects that would have been great. I also think Nymeria will play a much bigger role in the books, not simply leaving for another hunt.

I honestly think it's the way of separating Jon from the Starks (besides the fact that they spent a lot of money on cgi for dragons) I think it was pretty obvious in the last episode when we see Jon entering Danny's room (with the Targaryen emblem on the door) at the same time Sam and Bran are speaking about the revelation and we also got Sansa and Arya with the whole "the lone wolf dies but the pack survives". I think they want to make Jon more Targaryen than Stark.

I love the Direwolves, I hate that they sidelined them almost completely on the show. Ghost should have at least been by Jon's side when he was received by Dany in her throne room. Honestly, I would have preferred for them to use some kind of wolf dogs without CGI if the lack of  screentime is a money issue due to the expensive CGI. Yeah, the wolves would not have been that big and regal, but at least they would have been around more. 

6 minutes ago, MarieAntoinette said:

I love the Direwolves, I hate that they sidelined them almost completely on the show. Ghost should have at least been by Jon's side when he was received by Dany in her throne room. Honestly, I would have preferred for them to use some kind of wolf dogs without CGI if the lack of  screentime is a money issue due to the expensive CGI. Yeah, the wolves would not have been that big and regal, but at least they would have been around more. 

I don't think it would be that hard to use camera tricks and/or editing techniques to make wither a real wolf (or a white German shepherd or husky or malamute) seem larger. For example Elijah Wood isn't really 3 feet tall but he plays Frodo.  

12 hours ago, LucyMormont said:

Well, they had a scene with Jon saying goddbye to Ghost before leaving Winterfell, when he was about to travel south to Dragonstone. They (D&D) decided to leave it out, so it would have taken nothing at all. They had already filmed it, they had already spent the CGI $, and they decided to not include it.  I think they are purposely crapping all over us Ghost fans.

That's a bummer. At least they had a scene with Ghost to cut out. What did it save them? Ten seconds? How long does it take to pan around the yard and Winterfell and see a Ghost? lol.

19 hours ago, Infeth said:

It's a dog, pull yourself together...

Seriously! But, uh, for real doe, WTF is Ghost, y'all!?!??

19 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Oh, there he go. :lol:

19 hours ago, NickStark2494 said:

The show doesn't give any fucks about direwolves anymore.

Only metaphorically. :/

18 hours ago, Pikachu101 said:

Wolf actually but Ghost's disappearance really brings home just how shitty the writing on this show is; they kept Jon away from his siblings, he's more of Dany's righthand man than king, he didn't even go to Winterfell etc. After 6 seasons of Jon becoming his own man and embracing his Starkness suddenly they drop all of this to make him behave more Targaryen like. 

He IS half Targaryen.  And he's hardly been acting less Stark like.

7 hours ago, Stark_in_Winterfell said:

That's a bummer. At least they had a scene with Ghost to cut out. What did it save them? Ten seconds? How long does it take to pan around the yard and Winterfell and see a Ghost? lol.

I would like to see Ghost, but does anyone on here know how much it costs?  I doubt it.  My understanding is they had to choose between the cost of the CGI for the dragons and the wolves.  Right now, the dragons are essential to the plot development, and the wolves aren't.  Get over it.  If we don't see a significant amount of Ghost and Nymeria next season, then I think we'll have a legitimate complaint.

15 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

I would like to see Ghost, but does anyone on here know how much it costs?  I doubt it.  My understanding is they had to choose between the cost of the CGI for the dragons and the wolves.  Right now, the dragons are essential to the plot development, and the wolves aren't.  Get over it.  If we don't see a significant amount of Ghost and Nymeria next season, then I think we'll have a legitimate complaint.

Not in the budget? I doubt it. The series is popular enough to be able to budget for some more cgi, not pick and choose. They let the genie out of the bottle, they need to plan accordingly.

Archived