Tormund Giantsbane???

28 minutes ago, UnViserion said:

Show spoilers

So did he die? Dude appeared to be on the wall as it came crashing down.. is that it for our favorite wildling?

what do y'all think?

argh I made a topic about this only instead of just tormound I asked about beric too. You beat me to the punch. Anyways yeah i was wondering about this too. Of course if they are still alive then they are surrounded by the dead and better hide

I don't know how they could have survived, but I agree:

3 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Still alive. They gotta have more drama, now that Jaime is free to rekindle his relationship with Brienne.

And I would say he and Beric were on the side of the Wall that didn't collapse.

So I just rewatched. It's tough to tell which half Tormund and Beric ran to in the clip where the top of the wall splits apart. At first glance I thought they ran to the sea-side of the wall.. which definitely would have resulted in death.

looks like the showrunners left themselves an out here. 

Tormund is a tough son of a gun. I think he will make it out alive. He's a good character so I hope he does. He's one of the few comic characters in the story (he is in the book too so I have no problem with the show using him for comic relief because he served that role in the books at times too)

9 minutes ago, pinoyathletics said:

Tormund will die at the Battle of Winterfell against the White Walkers with the Free Folk pretty much wiped out by the army of the dead.

This. Brienne and Tormund is nothing. Tormund only exists at this point to die in a later battle so the show can kill some actually known characters in future episodes.

19 hours ago, UnViserion said:

So I just rewatched. It's tough to tell which half Tormund and Beric ran to in the clip where the top of the wall splits apart. At first glance I thought they ran to the sea-side of the wall.. which definitely would have resulted in death.

looks like the showrunners left themselves an out here. 

My feelings exactly. Looked as if all the guys we saw on the top of the wall would've came tumbling down, but the way in which it was shot left their fate as a pseudo cliff hanger. 

On 8/28/2017 at 7:27 AM, Bran's Tourney said:

Tormund has some unfinished business with Brienne... so no, he ain't dead. 

Beric hasn't answer his question of "why me?"... so no, he ain't dead. 

PS- RIP Benjen stark. 

Beric also has unfinished business, he will fulfill his promise to Ned, with the help of Sandor. I'm talking about the Mountain.

2 hours ago, pinoyathletics said:

Both Tormund and Beric to die at winterfell battle along with Rhaegal. Jon Snow to ride Drogon as Daenarys is pregnant.

Hopefully you didn't get those ideas from the proven fake leaked season 8 script.

A dragon has only one rider, until the rider dies he can't be mounted by someone else. Jon will ride Rhaegal, the dragon named after his father.

He SHOULD be dead.

It would be awfully contrived and contrary to George R. R. Martin's style to have Tormund survive for a second time against such overwhelming odds just so the show producers can continue the Tormund/Brienne jokes.

I fully expect to see him and Beric alive and well next season though. The plot armour for popular characters has grown considerably thicker the further the show has deviated from the books.

After rewatching the scene, Tormund and Beric run along the top of the Wall then turn back to see it fall. After the breach is made, a long distance camera shot clearly shows some battlements still remaining on the land side of the Wall. The easiest assumption is that Beric and Tormund were there and will make their way to Winterfell from that point.

Archived