That look on Tyrion's face

13 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Bang on, the previous scene was the news of Jon's parentage and Tyrion who even though he likes Jon a lot, wants Dany to rule..... so wanted to tell Dany on her own... before Jon finds out he is the rightful heir.

I don't see that happening. Bran already sent a raven once before to warn Jon about the army of the dead, why would he have skipped something else so important if he was just going to send another raven later? Plus, he hasn't even told Sansa and Arya, that we know of. The only person he's told so far is Sam, and I believe he only did that because he knows how loyal Sam is to Jon. He wouldn't send a raven to tell Tyrion about it, and why would Tyrion read something meant specifically for Jon?

28 minutes ago, Wildling Queen said:

I don't see that happening. Bran already sent a raven once before to warn Jon about the army of the dead, why would he have skipped something else so important if he was just going to send another raven later? Plus, he hasn't even told Sansa and Arya, that we know of. The only person he's told so far is Sam, and I believe he only did that because he knows how loyal Sam is to Jon. He wouldn't send a raven to tell Tyrion about it, and why would Tyrion read something meant specifically for Jon?

Could sam not have sent it ? we all know varys has a habit of opening to read things before they reach the intended... it's very possible he and or Tyrion read what was inside first.... and may even hold onto it if as I said Tyrion thinks it may harm Dany ruling.

18 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

Somehow, Tyrion may know about who Jon actually is.  Could be a raven or could be old stories.  Even LF seemed to indicate that there was something more worth knowing about Rhaegar and Lyanna.  No reason why Tyrion could not know it too.  Up to this point, he has watched Jon and Dany but now it has moved beyond his control and this is going to cause problems. 

thats what I was wondering

Tyrion drinks and knows things, loves dragons(and maybe in interest in the family that rode them),  and considered John a friend. He might have put two and two together from things he read.

When they showed the actress that played Shae on set after Shea died on the show. I had a crazy thought that there would be a flashback to something Shae said to Tyrion. Shae having been a camp follower, had once talked to a woman, that heard from another, that knew someone that had an aunt that had been a servant at the Tower of Joy, who had seen a big fight and death of legendary Kingsguard fighter, a baby being born, a woman dying, and a man with the wolf sigil taking the baby. People talk.....

if he knows or suspects something, Tyrion might be debating on how much he should say, or what the complications of them hooking up would be.....he has seen incest in his own family...

20 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Could sam not have sent it ? we all know varys has a habit of opening to read things before they reach the intended... it's very possible he and or Tyrion read what was inside first.... and may even hold onto it if as I said Tyrion thinks it may harm Dany ruling.

Why, though? Bran had just told him that Jon is on his way to Winterfell.

"He's in love with Dany, it was a look of jealousy."
"He made a deal with Cersei, and is going to betray Jon and Dany, it was a look of regret."
"He doesn't approve of Jon and Dany making love, it reduces his influence over Dany if she listens to Jon instead."
"He doesn't approve of Jon and Dany making love, it puts them in a bad political position. He wanted an alliance, not a romance."
"He approves of Jon and Dany making love, but he knows that their love will end in tragedy, it's a knowing look of sorrow."

Can't wait for all the theories about Tyrions look. Guess there will be plenty of those until season 8 reveals the truth. :P
All I know is that Tyrion knowing what they did, and the look he gave, is meant to be ambiguous. Perhaps it means something, perhaps it's something that will instantly be brushed aside in Season 8 E01.

Lol,

Bran/Sam did not send a raven to inform Jon of his true parents, that is ludicrous. First of all, Bran had just gotten the note Jon and Dany were already on their way back. Why not just wait until he is there? A raven finding a moving target is highly unlikely, even if Bran "wargs" into the Raven. Why not just wait until the raven is there?

Tyrion is not jealous of Jon, prior to leaving for Westeros, Tyrion and dany expressed how a marriage might be in Dany's future to secure an alliance. Tyrion then persuaded Dany to meet Jon, stating to Dany that Jon would be an excellent ally. 

Tyrion does not know of Jon's heritage, how could he?

I think he has a wee dose of the Jorahs. He is jealous of Jon. Tyrion has had no luck with women and he hoped that he had impressed her enough that perhaps he could end up with her. A crazy dream (and he knew it) but until Jon did the deed he still had some hope...

24 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

Lol,

Bran/Sam did not send a raven to inform Jon of his true parents, that is ludicrous. First of all, Bran had just gotten the note Jon and Dany were already on their way back. Why not just wait until he is there? A raven finding a moving target is highly unlikely, even if Bran "wargs" into the Raven. Why not just wait until the raven is there?

Would it be smart to send a raven to reveal a big thing like this ? Someone like Varys or LF could read it first and it would end up terrible...

Jon is already the KitN, he isn't in the same place with the likes of Tyrion (who lost all his political support in Westeros) or Jorah (who also lost all of his family support), or he isn't someone like LF who comes from no where. Jon already has the power of KitN plus the lords of the vale are kind of backing him right now, he has a power that acknowledged by even the other great houses from the South and the West, he doesn't need the learn that shocking truth right now, yes it's a big thing, even for KitN, being the number one candidate for the IT, but for now it's not really necessary. They have a war to win, and they have already a Targaryen with two Dragons. That truth wouldn't change anything other than damaging Jon's and Dany's mental stability right now.

13 hours ago, tallTale said:

We still haven't concluded all of Quaith's prophecies, so who knows maybe Tyrion betrays her for love lol

This. It seems to me that D&D are setting up some facts for the season 8. One is already almost fixed and that is that Dany will get pregnant: too much talks about this already to be wasted with nothing. The second is that Tyrion will betray Dany and ultimately will be a betray for love. Here also we have too much foreshadowing to go to nothing. And before this last scene I was still convinced that at the end Tyrion would be raising little Eddard Targ with Sansa. But not anymore, maybe Sansa will reign alone after all. 

As I said in another thread, 

The scene where Jon and Daenerys have sex, while Tyrion is seen sulking outside in the hallway, reminded me of Tolkien's Children of Hurin.

In that book the characters Niënor and Turumbar are long separated siblings who, upon coming into contact in adulthood while exiled in a place called Brethil, develop a strong romantic attraction (unfortunately, this disturbing phenomenon is a recognised reality in science, called "genetic attraction").  

Brandir, the Chieftain of the Men of Brethil who is lame (physically disabled), tended Niënor when she was sick and became her closest confidante, secretly falling in love with her;  Niënor however, loved Turumbar. Brandir restrained her from marriage, firstly out of jealousy of Turumbar - who is healthy, younger than him and has supplanted him as chieftain - and secondly because he felt sure it would lead to certain doom.

They fail to heed his warnings and marry, not realising their kinship, and Niënor becomes pregnant. When they discover the truth (Turumbar finding out from a spiteful Brandir after his sister/wife had already been driven mad and committed suicide with the revelation of her incest, killing the child in her womb along with her), it leads to their demise.

There are significant differences but in essence both plots involve two people who think they are unrelated soul-mates having sex, while another person, who is somehow disabled/deformed, is (seemingly) jealous of the relationship and loves the woman, while also (appearing) to fear that it could or will lead to "doom".

Jon/Aegon's greater claim to the Iron Throne and status as her nephew could enable Tyrion or Jorah to (at least attempt to) sow friction between them, out of jealousy. It certainly complicates matters, even though Targs have engaged in incest for centuries. 

We should recall that GRRM originally intended Jon to be in a love triangle with his sister Arya and Tyrion. It seems that Dany has replaced Arya in the final endgame. 

Another possible reason could be if Tyrion has discovered our suspects that Cersei's baby isn't Jaime's but possibly Eurons. It could serve as a reset too the books when Tyrion tells Jaime about Cersei's infidelity. It's unfortunate we have to wait so long to find out. 

Not even for a second I took it Tyrion to be romantically in love with Dany. Yes he might love her but definitely not romantically.

Tyrion knows the timing of their love is not great when they are facing the enemies. Also love makes people weaker and he might question if Dany might lose the concenration to win the ultimate war if she has a love interest in the middle. It's just messy, Tyrion knows it and also knows he has a lot more to deal with now.

2 hours ago, Error-504 said:

I don't see any reason why "Jon must be told" would mean "Jon must be told this second" rather than just "Jon must be told before he makes any further plans after arriving at Winterfell".

But if there were any reason, I think Bran warging the raven would be sufficient.

But really, why not just warg, say, Missandei. "Khaleesi, how are you this Hello, this is Bran 9000. Your boyfriend is actually the son of your brother Rheagar and Lyanna Stark. And he's legitimate, because Rhaegar had his first marriage annulled to marry Lyanna. But don't worry about Jon having a better claim than you, you are going to go through a lot of internal struggle, but it will all turn out to be moot when you discover you're pregnant and agree to marry Jon. Oh yeah, you're not barren, in fact, you're going to die in childbirth bearing a son who will live exactly 57 years and 4 months before dying in a slightly humorous bathroom accident. And I just wanted to say that you were even more beautiful the night your brother tried to rape you than the night you were forcibly married to Drogo—trust me, I'm kind of a connoisseur in that area now, and man, you were hot. OK, signing off now. morning?"

3 hours ago, Error-504 said:

Lol,

Tyrion is not jealous of Jon, prior to leaving for Westeros, Tyrion and dany expressed how a marriage might be in Dany's future to secure an alliance. Tyrion then persuaded Dany to meet Jon, stating to Dany that Jon would be an excellent ally. 

Tyrion does not know of Jon's heritage, how could he?

Ikr?? I swear, these Westerosi ravens will be the death of me. No they can't fly with the speed of Boeing, no they don't fly at night and most of all they can't f*cking find a boat in the middle of an Ocean :D

The "main thing" with the birds using as a message carriers is that those same birds spend their early years at one place (home) then taken away and once loosed, they return there.

Logically now, they can't find a ship on cruise now, can they? 

So NO folks, this ain't about Tyrion knowing because Bran sent a raven. If you ask me, he betrayed Danny (for Cersei) because characters doing 180 degrees is very popular in Hollywood. What happened till now and what paths characters took, it doesn't matter. It's for the plot, they all serve the plot.

He might be in love though but... In the light of certain talks with Danny that he had... Whatever, who am I kidding, like writers care about consistency...

28 minutes ago, Ghosteline said:

Not even for a second I took it Tyrion to be romantically in love with Dany. Yes he might love her but definitely not romantically.

Tyrion knows the timing of their love is not great when they are facing the enemies. Also love makes people weaker and he might question if Dany might lose the concenration to win the ultimate war if she has a love interest in the middle. It's just messy, Tyrion knows it and also knows he has a lot more to deal with now.

I think you're right, I think that's all there is to it. I don't believe there are any romantic feelings there or jealous feelings.  This could refer back to Jon refusing to lie to Cersei and Tyrion just recognizing this makes it even more messy. He was quite disappointed in Jon not lying and now he knows Daenaerys will be compromised when making the right political move versus one for love.

Of course the writers give him that look with no dialogue so you're left wondering but in the end he knows love will complicate things (*cough Shae *cough).

Before the season started, Peter Dinklage claimed that Tyrion was in love with Daenerys (link below). I didn't see any signs of that all season, but I suppose that could be what we were seeing last night. Some fans have been speculating that the Jon-Arya-Tyrion love triangle from the original outline is still in the cards, only with Dany instead of Arya.

http://elitedaily.com/entertainment/tyrion-lannister-loves-daenerys-targaryen/2012101/

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/08/game-of-thrones-tyrion-jealous-jon-daenerys-season-7-episode-7-finale-dragon-wolf

Guys I want all of you to just think that, even if there is some bad writing involved, the authors at this point won't waste scenes just to show a pointlessly concerned Tyrion. Something has to happen or maybe has already happened.

I am starting to think that Tyrion has already betrayed Dany, specifically when talking to Cersei before they both returned to the Dragon Pit. My theory is that he revealed to Cersei that Dany is barren and that he plans to change the political system to a republican one. So basically he promised to support Cersei's child future election as the successor of Dany in exchange for Cersei support to the truce. 

So than at the end he is concerned because if Dany gets pregnant by Jon the whole thing will get really really messed up.

Archived