That look on Tyrion's face

So Tyrion knows that Cersei is pregnant, He knows how and why Dany has a child assuming she comes to bear one.

What if to fight / placate the Night King it requires a royal blood esp Targaryen blood child ? Or

Melisandre needs a exteremely potent and rare royal blood, to perform some major devious spell against the night king.

Tyrion  realises that Jon + Danys baby may be deformed for 2 reasons a. Incest b. Jon is actually dead raised to life.

Cersei dies via the volanqaur prophecy and leaves her child orpahned.

Tyrion takes her child in his care and does a swap at the time of sacrifice/offering. He gives away Jon + Danys child and leaves Jon/Dany (either/or anyone) to raise a Lannister.

Remmember lannisters are actually effeceint leaders, its also Tyrions last hurrah of looking out for his family legacy. Its a way in which he makes it up to Cersei.  

Probably he thought that Daenerys will really break the wheel, and i was thinking that meant to change the monarchy to a democracy (the part where they talked about succession) where the King will be elected. But seeing Jon get together with Dany will mean that the monarchy will still be in place and nothing will change.

But the most obvious reason is the one Dinklage talked about it, that he believes that love and having feelings towards eachother will cloud their judgement and won't have a good ending for the Realm.

On 8/28/2017 at 6:34 AM, Lurid Jester said:

Good luck with that... if you're being serious.  

I think the show let it slip out back in Season 3.

I watched the Episode 10 after the Red Wedding and I stumbled in Tyrion having a conversation with Tywin.

Tyrion: When have you ever done something that wasn’t in your interest but solely for the benefit of the family?

Tywin: The day that you were born. I wanted to carry you into the sea and let the waves wash you away. 
Instead, I let you live. And I brought you up as my son.
----Tywin make a long pause here----
Because you’re a Lannister.

What a weird thing to say to a son, don't you think? "I brought you up as my son."

As for the reference: "Because you're a Lannister" it may refer to the fact that Tywin married his first cousin, a Lannister before her marriage. So, even with Targ blood, he'd still remain half Lannister.

On 28/8/2017 at 5:28 AM, snow is the man said:

I have two ideas for it

1. He loves her and it is hurting him to see it even though he knew it would happen.

2. He realizes that this will be a big problem in alot of ways and thinks oh sh**. 

Also I doubt he would make a deal with cersei unless it was to try and make get her a better deal like exile or something. I really hope they don't act like he would betray dany for cersei just because she is pregnant

I think it was both things

In this season, a few points were repeatedly stressed:

- Danny believes she cannot get children / does not have a successor. If she dies, she leaves a power vacuum behind
- Tyrion still cares a great deal about being a Lannister; lhe oved his nephew & niece and cares about the Lannister legacy

Cersei cares about family & family legacy above everything else. Tyrion understands that and would never just appeal to her "mother feelings", but show her opportunities. If I would be him, I would have told Cersei that she cannot win this now, and that she needs the dragon queen to defeat the white walkers. However he can support her in positioning her unborn child as a future ruler, (after all he is the hand of the queen and a Lannister) and if they play this smart, the Lannisters might be back in power in the next generation. 

Danny would consider this a betrayal, but it makes sense from Tyrion's perspective. Jon and Danny being lovers imposes a risk for this plan; as Jon Snow still represents a major Westerosi house, with potential successors...

Just now, Ranger Kragin said:

I watched the Episode 10 after the Red Wedding and I stumbled in Tyrion having a conversation with Tywin.

What a weird thing to say to a son, don't you think? "I brought you up as my son."

As for the reference: "Because you're a Lannister" it may refer to the fact that Tywin married his first cousin, a Lannister before her marriage. So, even with Targ blood, he'd still remain half Lannister.

I don't think the show will go down this road because they haven't referenced the Mad King's 'over-familarities' with Joanna enough times (or even at all?). Plus, now Viseryon is undead, there is no need for three dragon-riders.

I think Tyrion is rightfully worried about the consequences of a blazing romance between Jon and Danaerys. He knows that she is impulsive and that he relies on the support of the North to keep his position. He's probably not thinking of their potential children at this stage, especially since Jon is about to march to war. He's probably thinking more about how Jon needs to unite the north now more than ever. In terms of Cersei's child, he would probably wish to save it because it's an innocent child. Raise it as his own after Cersei dies perhaps? Or just give it to Jaime to raise? Assuming any of them survive, of course...

I don't think he knows of theim being related and i don't think he loves her.

They added the scene because next season jon and dany will keep this a secret but there will be a plotline involving tyrion knowing this secret ,or tyrion will find out that they r targs before them finding out.

I hope I am wrong, but I have a sneaking suspicion Tyrion conspired with Cersei in some way - it seems far fetched, but he seems to have a lot of guilt around this idea of him being the downfall of his family. 

If that is true, I think he is conflicted, thus the look. 

If its not true, I think he just realizes sexy time complicates things and he will have less influence over her.

1 hour ago, Ranger Kragin said:

That was all just contempt for Tyrion and Tywin's belief that Tyrion's very existence brings shame to House Lannister.  The only reason Tyrion wasn't killed at birth was because Tywin knew he was his son.  Had he even suspected otherwise, he'd have killed Tyrion and NO ONE could have done anything about it  .  He was Lord Paramount of the west lands after all.

Tyrion is not a secret Targ.  

22 hours ago, Dizzy Walker said:

thats what I was wondering

Tyrion drinks and knows things, loves dragons(and maybe in interest in the family that rode them),  and considered John a friend. He might have put two and two together from things he read.

When they showed the actress that played Shae on set after Shea died on the show. I had a crazy thought that there would be a flashback to something Shae said to Tyrion. Shae having been a camp follower, had once talked to a woman, that heard from another, that knew someone that had an aunt that had been a servant at the Tower of Joy, who had seen a big fight and death of legendary Kingsguard fighter, a baby being born, a woman dying, and a man with the wolf sigil taking the baby. People talk.....

if he knows or suspects something, Tyrion might be debating on how much he should say, or what the complications of them hooking up would be.....he has seen incest in his own family...

I love this. Women talk and those types of women end up everywhere, especially in the bed's of powerful men. That would be a neat scene to see.

I think too many people are selling Tyrion short. He's not in love with Dany. I think his identity feels threatened. We've seen a real downhill spiral from him this season in that he's not as clever as we all thought he was. The Casterly Rock take over proved that. I think he's starting to doubt himself. I think this season is about humanizing our favourites more. Letting us know they aren't perfect and they make bad decisions.

I see three possibilities here.

1-He loves Dany and is jealous.

2-He knows Jon + Dany is going to cause a lot of problems for everyone

3-He's made some kind of pact with Cersei and Jon+Dany screws it up.

None of these are mutually exclusive...IMO it's a combination of the three 

15 hours ago, Jose Miguel Aguilar Jaque said:

Peter is a great actor and I do not see jealousy, fear or hatred in his expression only concern.

Tyrion reflex concern. Since he wants to create a better world by leaving aside the system of kings and heirs. When he spoke to dany about the system of succession to the throne he was thinking of a better system like the Night Watch. Democracy.

But his plan to have a better future for westeros is in danger by dany's new romance.

Sorry for my English.

There is nothing to indicate that. He only brought up the Nights Watch method and the Kingsmoot method AFTER stating Dany's belief that she can't have children.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:40 PM, anjulibai said:

I tend to think Tyrion will out live both Dany and Jon and he'll end up raising their child (or children - could totally see D&D choosing twin). 

I agree, Tyrion will foster Jon and Daenerys' child after Daenerys dies during childbirth.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 0:03 AM, Christi84 said:

I'm seeing it as with all the talk with her about succession and who will rule after her, hes worried about her life. She's getting in with Jon Snow and he knows she'll be even more willing to put her life on the line for him..and Jorah probably knows that too. So like Viserion, she could die for nothing..or die for love and be Nyssa Nyssa to Jons Azor Ahai

Yep, if she was willing to risk her and her dragons life for him before they were having sex then she will definitely do a lot more risky stuff in some sort of "I'm brave, I have to be the bravest person for all of my people" dick-measuring contest against Jon.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 0:38 AM, Highgarden Queen of Thorns said:

I actually just came across an article where Peter Dinklage said that the reason for Tyrion's look at the end was because of the circumstances of Jon and Dany's romance. He said that they couldn't help what happened between them but falling in love at a time like this, in a world like this basically dooms the relationship. So he feels sorry for them because he knows it could turn tragic. 

Agreed - he understands that this cannot end well.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:12 AM, falcotron said:

Honestly, this is the worst of both worlds.

Jon could have sold bending the knee if he'd kept things businesslike.

And if he'd married her, even better—"Guess what, Northern Lords, you're not following the King in the North, you're following the royal couple that rules the Seven Kingdoms. Yeah, that's me now."

But when he shows up and says, "Hey, I really trust this chick that I've just started shagging, so you should all trust her too, it was totally worth giving up the Kingdom of the North", who's going to go along with that?

I mean, obviously, there are ways through—for one thing, the fact that the dead just got through the Wall and are actually in the North now, that means he can probably get away with putting off anything less immediate like the feudal relationship between the North and the Seven Kingdoms. But he's still made it as hard as possible.

I believe Tyrion was considering this as well, yes.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:01 AM, daemonTheBlack said:

I think its just a red herring to force the audience to question his loyalty, only so that at the moment of reckoning there will be a "twist" and Tyrion will prove to be loyal to the Stargaryens.

And yeah. Its pretty obvious, that after both Jon and Dany die by the end, he will be regent and bring up their children. He is a worthless military strategist but a brilliant conciliator and administrator - the ideal person to fix Westeros after the devastating wars.That is how his character has been built up.

Yep.  After the incoherent and non-sensible interactions between Sansa and Arya in S7, I'm pretty sure the writers are just like "fuck it, let's make it seem like Tyrion is jealous through the really shoddy writing and maybe our casual fans will think he defected to the Lannisters, but then at the last minute he acts the way we led the audience to believe he would act all along before we started this stupid farce and shows he is loyal to Daenerys and Jon."

On 8/28/2017 at 9:00 AM, Theon_is_Azor said:

I think he is in love with Dany. I think he also knows that Cersei didn't intend to keep her end of the bargain and is worried what's going to happen when they find out.

I thought so too at first. About the love thing I mean. But I think it's more than that. Tyrion is once more the third wheel. He was the outcast with Cersei and Jamie, and now after being Dany's friend and counselor, he knows that she's going to listen to Jon more. I totally feel his pain :(

5 hours ago, Ranger Kragin said:

Emphasis is completely yours.  Why would he keep Tyrion around if he knew he was a bastard, he hates that he is a dwarf and his child birth caused the death of his wife?  He never bothers to tell Tyrion or anyone else when he could lawfully disown him and no one would say a word?

2 hours ago, Ingelheim said:

I see three possibilities here.

1-He loves Dany and is jealous.

2-He knows Jon + Dany is going to cause a lot of problems for everyone

3-He's made some kind of pact with Cersei and Jon+Dany screws it up.

None of these are mutually exclusive...IMO it's a combination of the three 

Agree with this.

Either way, pretty heavy foreshadowing.  Probably won't end well for some combination of all three involved in that scene.

On 8/27/2017 at 9:30 PM, Theon_is_Azor said:

I think he is in love with Dany. I think he also knows that Cersei didn't intend to keep her end of the bargain and is worried what's going to happen when they find out.

I also think that's why he was skulking around Dany's door, he wanted to "bang" her, only Jon got there first. (Sorry for the crudeness, but hey GOT is full of that and worse!) :P

Archived