That look on Tyrion's face

3 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I've been wondering in the back of my mind if we are supposed to wonder if Bran and Sam sent a raven (never mind the moving ship thing, the show wouldn't LOL) and Tyrion read some dire warning.  DO NOT BANG YOUR AUNT, JON!!!  I kinda doubt it because I suspect that we'll have to have this shit dragged out next season, but still, I wonder.  There has been off screen comments from show runners and Dinklage, too, I think, that Tyrion loves her, yes.  There's that too.  (If that's the idea, they should try to mention it onscreen, but that isn't the show's strong suit) 

ETA:  YES, I am still in love with your avi.  :P

Oded Fehr would have SLAIN as Oberyn, but I did enjoy Pedro Pascal immensely because he pulled off Oberyn's swagger so well.

I'm beginning to think too that if it's anything, Tyrion might worry that he'll lose his place as a chief advisor. Or that whole 'woman in love can't think straight now' thing. I decided to binge watch S7 yesterday and that moment on the beach where Dany acknowledged she's losing and asked Jon for help, there's a very brief shot of Tyrion looking like, what the hell? Why are you asking him? I do really hope it's platonic love and worry he feels for Dany, not romantic. We already have Ser Friendzone in Jorah.... 

5 hours ago, Wolf Rider said:

There is no way Dany could take King's Landing without serious civilian casualties, no matter what she does. As soon as Cersei would realise that the battle is lost, she would set the city on fire via wildfire. It doesn't matter if she uses Dragons or not, that would be the outcome. Only way to take the KL would be to find a way how to kill Cersei before the siege. Like using the services of Faceless men, meaning Arya.

No war is without civilian peasant casualites.  I guess it comes to a choice of methods and all have pros and cons :)

Another thing so badly handled that the director himself had to come out and explain. Apparently it only means he is worried about how the "epic" fucking complicates policy.

How do you know your are at the bottom of the advisor barrel? When jon snow is listened and giver better advice than you dwarf. 

Completely out of character for jon snow to take the initiative. He does not seem her type either, but maybe it's the incest genes.

1 hour ago, Sand11751 said:

Oded Fehr would have SLAIN as Oberyn, but I did enjoy Pedro Pascal immensely because he pulled off Oberyn's swagger so well.

I'm beginning to think too that if it's anything, Tyrion might worry that he'll lose his place as a chief advisor. Or that whole 'woman in love can't think straight now' thing. I decided to binge watch S7 yesterday and that moment on the beach where Dany acknowledged she's losing and asked Jon for help, there's a very brief shot of Tyrion looking like, what the hell? Why are you asking him? I do really hope it's platonic love and worry he feels for Dany, not romantic. We already have Ser Friendzone in Jorah.... 

At this moment in time I think incest is the least of their worries! or for that matter lust lol!   The one thing I can say say is that the characters you attempt to ridicule are  the ones chosen by George and D&D (much everyone hates them) lol to save the day!!!

If that is totally uncool, my apologies...

ries unless of couse it tallis with the Night verything!!!

17 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

Still when he talked to Dany in season's 6 finale it sounded to me as if he was not mentioning names but had Jon in mind when he advised Dany to make herself available for a political marriage.  Also when they were talking by the fire (Tyrion and Dany) it seemed to me that he was either playing Cupid or just trying to figure her out re Jon but he didn't appear perturbed by that in any way.  There was a marked change between that scene and the look in s 7 finale.  What had changed??? Pretty much open to speculation but either it is something he promised Cersei (yet still he has no clue that Dany is basing her idea of being barren on some mad witch's saying) so he has no reason to say a possible baby as a threat.  My money is on him thinking that the fact that they are in love and certainly last could make them do impulsive things as he certainly has himself been there and knows what is like.  This topped up by the fact that Jon is proving unable not to speak the truth at all times and I am pretty inclined to think that Tyrion is right actually.  Please Jon do keep this love relationship quite, make it look as a purely political union if you must!

In fact I think that is the reason behind Tyrion's change or heart.  On the one hand he seems (although I could have misread this) almost intend on setting them up together and when they do he freaks, or appears to.  Now, I think he wanted a political marriage and hey if they lived happily ever after in peace times he would be cool with it I am sure but he wanted a political marriage not an unpredictable full blown out romance.

Back in season 6, there's no chance he was thinking in Jon when considering that Dany may need to make a political marriage. A man of the Night's Watch, and a bastard one? To what end? No, he must have been thinking in some Tyrell (did he know at that point that Cersei had blown all them away?), or some suitable candidate from the Vale, or even Dickon Tarly. 

Now the things are different, an alliance with him makes more sense, he is King in the North, and the bastardy thing is nothing that could not be fixed by Dany herself with a royal decree of legitimacy. But then, why didn't he propose this in an early stage, when those two were all "you must bend the knee" "No, I won't, my people won't accept it"? It was the obvious solution, the solution Tyrion should have proposed, yet he didn't. Why he didn't? Just because of... plot reasons, I guess. They are setting this up for some kind of struggle, or several struggles (Dany/ her advisers; Jon/Sansa ; Jon/the Northen Lords ; Dany/Jon -when they'll both know who he is. Another thing that I think it will bother Jon is when he'll find out that Dany burnt Sam's father and brother, they were defeated and unarmed, it was a cruel and unnecessary thing to do and I think Jon will see it as Tyrion did) 

First, at a stage when a political marriage was the obvious thing to do, the writters choice was that none of these brilliants minds came up with the idea: not Tyrion, not Varys, not Dany or Jon themselves.

Secondly, in the most pointless moment, because it gained nothing  to Jon (given that Dany had already given her word that she would fight with him against the WW, and that is all he wanted from her), he bent the knee. It was moronic, but hey... she just had proven to be more than an entitled brat and had lost a precious dragon for him. Anyway,  now he has to sell the idea to the northen lords, he knows very well they are not going to be happy. He knew it  before, and nothing changed. (In the "I'd bend the knee" scene, if you watch it again you can see that after she left him to rest, he opens his eyes again and looks pretty worried): Jorah knows it too, he's a northener and tried to warn her "You have many enemies in the North ". And what is the best way to sell the idea to the northen lords? Again, a political marriage. but now, it doesn't add much to Dany's camp. Now,  she is the one who has nothing to gain, because she already has his loyalty and his word.

Thirdly, they finally acted on their feelings... they had sex. This is not the moment for that kind of complication. Jon knows it, when Davos said "I noticed you staring at her good heart" he answered "There's no time for that"... Dany knows it, it was shown to us when they were holding each other's hands and suddenly she changed her attitude. But apparently they just couldn't avoid it. 

And if Tyrion made some kind of deal with Cersei, which I don't think it's impossible, given that he looked really guilty about Mircella and Tommen and he does not seek the demise of his House; well... another struggle in the oven. 

I agree with you, in that Jon is going to look like  the fool who gave up the north independence out of love or lust... if their boat sex goes public. But anyway, all these struggles can't possibly last long, with the WW south of the wall and marching towards Winterfell. 

12 minutes ago, LucyMormont said:

Back in season 6, there's no chance he was thinking in Jon when considering that Dany may need to make a political marriage. A man of the Night's Watch, and a bastard one? To what end? No, he must have been thinking in some Tyrell (did he know at that point that Cersei had blown all them away?), or some suitable candidate from the Vale, or even Dickon Tarly. 

Now the things are different, an alliance with him makes more sense, he is King in the North, and the bastardy thing is nothing that could not be fixed by Dany herself with a royal decree of legitimacy. But then, why didn't he propose this in an early stage, when those two were all "you must bend the knee" "No, I won't, my people won't accept it"? It was the obvious solution, the solution Tyrion should have proposed, yet he didn't. Why he didn't? Just because of... plot reasons, I guess. They are setting this up for some kind of struggle, or several struggles (Dany/ her advisers; Jon/Sansa ; Jon/the Northen Lords ; Dany/Jon -when they'll both know who he is. Another thing that I think it will bother Jon is when he'll find out that Dany burnt Sam's father and brother, they were defeated and unarmed, it was a cruel and unnecessary thing to do and I think Jon will see it as Tyrion did) 

First, at a stage when a political marriage was the obvious thing to do, the writters choice was that none of these brilliants minds came up with the idea: not Tyrion, not Varys, not Dany or Jon themselves.

Secondly, in the most pointless moment, because it gained nothing  to Jon (given that Dany had already given her word that she would fight with him against the WW, and that is all he wanted from her), he bent the knee. It was moronic, but hey... she just had proven to be more than an entitled brat and had lost a precious dragon for him. Anyway,  now he has to sell the idea to the northen lords, he knows very well they are not going to be happy. He knew it  before, and nothing changed. (In the "I'd bend the knee" scene, if you watch it again you can see that after she left him to rest, he opens his eyes again and looks pretty worried): Jorah knows it too, he's a northener and tried to warn her "You have many enemies in the North ". And what is the best way to sell the idea to the northen lords? Again, a political marriage. but now, it doesn't add much to Dany's camp. Now,  she is the one who has nothing to gain, because she already has his loyalty and his word.

Thirdly, they finally acted on their feelings... they had sex. This is not the moment for that kind of complication. Jon knows it, when Davos said "I noticed you staring at her good heart" he answered "There's no time for that"... Dany knows it, it was shown to us when they were holding each other's hands and suddenly she changed her attitude. But apparently they just couldn't avoid it. 

And if Tyrion made some kind of deal with Cersei, which I don't think it's impossible, given that he looked really guilty about Mircella and Tommen and he does not seek the demise of his House; well... another struggle in the oven. 

I agree with you, in that Jon is going to look like  the fool who gave up the north independence out of love or lust... if their boat sex goes public. But anyway, all these struggles can't possibly last long, with the WW south of the wall and marching towards Winterfell. 

His raven said Warden of the North.  So they already know he has bent the knee.  I think they are just trying to build up some drama that really shouldn't be there.  They are both the most eligible bachelor/bachelorette in the 7 kingdoms, an alliance is a smart move.  

8 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

His raven said Warden of the North.  So they already know he has bent the knee.  I think they are just trying to build up some drama that really shouldn't be there.  They are both the most eligible bachelor/bachelorette in the 7 kingdoms, an alliance is a smart move.  

Sansa knows, and she didn't like the idea at all. It's no so clear the northen lords know it, Sansa may think that given he's coming back, he is the one who needs to inform them and get the shitstorm. Bran knows, but he also knows now that the right Targaryen's heir is him, not her; and seems pretty interested in making sure that Jon knows too. An alliance is the smart move, but then I don't know why they didn't make it already:D. I agree, this is some drama that shouldn't be there. 

8 hours ago, LucyMormont said:

Sansa knows, and she didn't like the idea at all. It's no so clear the northen lords know it, Sansa may think that given he's coming back, he is the one who needs to inform them and get the shitstorm. Bran knows, but he also knows now that the right Targaryen's heir is him, not her; and seems pretty interested in making sure that Jon knows too. An alliance is the smart move, but then I don't know why they didn't make it already:D. I agree, this is some drama that shouldn't be there. 

We know Littlefinger knows.  No telling who he told and tried to poison before he was offed.  

11 hours ago, LucyMormont said:

I am pretty much with you here.  I have to admit though that when I watched season's 6 finale the only person that came to my mind for Dany was Jon, but hey we know more than the characters themselves at the time.  I was thinking that he became King in the North in season 6 and, I have just checked, and yes he did but in the finale and I think it is unlikely that the news reached Tyrion that fast so you are probably right.

Yes, I think they are setting up conflicts between all the allied parties which will have to obviously resolve.  In fact they have been hinting at a Tyrion/Dany conflict all season as well although not to the proportions they did with Sansa and Arya.

Now about characters' reactions to BBQuing the Tarlys well I agree about Jon.  Now, it will be interesting to see Sam's reaction too.  Okay he hated his father and his brother was just proud and stupid but still yes she went too far!  There are going to be a few interesting interactions in Winterfell for sure.

I am pretty sure that Tyrion offered Cersei some kind of deal but not one that would constitute a total betrayal towards Dany.  A lot of people seem to think it involves the baby, as he talked about succession etc in the previous episode.  Now, I think he knows Cersei too well to have offered anything excessively generous though as I don't think he trusts her at all but we shall see.  

Now if she does have a baby in the books it seems extremely unlikely that it would be Jaime's so I get the feeling that she is either going to miscarriage or she has made up the pregnancy to manipulate Jaime.  Either that or the baby is Euron's lol so I think even if she had promised her something for the baby I don't think he will have to worry too much about it in the end though.

Yes, she has little to gain now from marrying Jon from a political point of view now that he has already bent the knee but maybe this is the only way she can get accepted by the Northern Lords, prior to the WWs being on their doorstep though.

Archived