Tyrion - Sansa reunion

30 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

snip

As I've said, I'm confident you're wrong and are grasping at straws, I've explained why I think so in considerable detail, and I'm going to leave it at that. This is very much off-topic. 

5 minutes ago, Commander Jon Snow said:

Fair enough. Agree to disagree. I just think D&D would have made it obvious if they really wanted to foreshadow SanSan. Instead they doubled down on Cleganebowl instead. We'll see

Yep, we'll see we can agree to disagree

8 hours ago, digiFemme said:

Tyrion and Sansa are not a bad match...the problem is that show Tyrion is a lot nicer than book Tyron (wasn't he fantasizing about raping Cersei to get revenge on her? That's a big no no) and the question is how much the show writers are going to take from GRRM.

Yes, books Tyrion is a lot nastier but he was much more like show Tyrion until he he was unjustly accused of Joffrey's murder.  This and the way he reacted (or shall we say over-reacted) by killing Tywin and Shae would drive anyone nuts.  I wanted to slap him badly and get him out of that awful nervous breakdown state he is going through but I think he will come out of it by the end of the next book, as time and other problems do indeed heal.

Personally I think a lot of his really dark thoughts are just a way of venting, in a very crude and distasteful way, sure but I didn't believe for a moment he would ever rape Cersei lol  He is just very, very angry.  The thing with that sort of state of mind is that unfortunately makes people lash out to those who have done nothing to deserve that too, like that servant at Illyrio's, say but still I am 100% convinced that he is not going to stay like that all the way.

A lot of people also concentrate a lot on the fact that he has clearly a high sex drive to argue that he could never be a proper family man.  I think once he is a lot calmer this will not be the case.  In the books he is faithful to Shae and would even kill for her even though he knows she is a whore.  Okay, I am sure he is unaware of the fact that in the books all she cared about when he nearly died were her silks and jewels but still.  Also at his own wedding reception there is a moment when he seems jealous when looking at the interaction of one of  the Foseways and his pregnant wife.  I don't mean jealous in a bad way but clearly longing to have what they have.

Okay this does not mean that this is definitely going to happen (him and Sansa) but I think if it did they would work out fine.

Now I was hoping for Arya / Gendry but if this isn't happening I think Arya/Sandor may be a reasonable match.  Okay when they were travelling together he was pretending to be her father and maybe the relationship they could develop is more of a strong friendship but they are relatively alike and Sandor is going to be a lot calmer after his experiences in Quiet Island etc so perhaps he could be a positive influence on Arya...

Anyhow, unfortunately we are going to have to wait and see but I really think that the main pairings in the show will also be so in the books.

On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 0:53 AM, Ashes Of Westeros said:

@Meera of Tarth you nailed it!

If all hints were so obvious, there would be no gazillions of theories all over internet;)

Yes, I am not a fan of the writers normally, but i reckon that from time to time they can be good. Knowing the ending of a story permits them to put subtle hints in the journey, and fans theorise because those hints can have multiple interpretations, although some of them are obvious for readers who also look at theories in boards. 

Archived