Maybe it's Arya after all...

4 hours ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

Valonqar = Arya wearing Jamie's face, murdering Cersei by stabbing her in her pregnant belly. :P You would not see that coming a mile away. I'm calling it!!!!!! THIS IS MY THEORY now. :D haha.

*Says in an lawyer-esq voice*

I'm sorry but all theory trademarks must be accompanied with a supporting username. :D 

8 hours ago, Capo Ferro said:

I'd always thought it would be Jaime who killed Cersei.  There's some poetry to it and it fits the prophecy.  But now Jamie's walked away and it's hard to see the story between that and rekindling the rage needed to kill a sister he once loved.

But Cersei is a problem -- at least Tyrion and the Targaryans saw her as an immediate problem.  When Jaime arrives in the North they'll see that again.  And Arya seems the blindingly obvious solution.

Perhaps six episodes is enough to bring Jaimie back into Cersei's company and in a sufficient rage to kill her but it doesn't make sense unless she's still a very real and very pressing threat and it's not obvious to me how, in six episodes, you create that as well as resolving the war in the North. 

My guess is that Arya will kill Cersei wearing Qyburn face. And The Hound and Nymeria will kill the Mountain. But as the mountain wont die the Hound will burn him as he is a wight after all.

On 08/28/2017 at 5:38 AM, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Up until here reveal that it was all a plan and she had no intentions of the truce, I was started to like her for the first time in the show.... I genuinely started thinking maybe she will be a good queen and had her people's interests at heart along with her unborn... god damn you Cersei for being so fucking calculating and smart.

Even after she joked about how most of King's Landing's citizens would be better off as wights? She actually revels in being a terrible queen. And she killed off the one queen who was clever enough to play "the game", but kind enough to actually do good things with her power and be loved rather than feared. Yes, our dear Margaery.

1 hour ago, Hoo said:

I just can't see Jamie killing Cersei.  They are on the same team.

There aren't many who can or would kill Cersei, but the ones who would are mighty: Arya, Dany,  and the NK.  All breakers of chains.

I really want it to be Jaime. I feel like Jaime is in the same category as Theon and Sansa. These are characters who have taken up way too much of my screen time being constant victims. I want a payoff. I want them to find some agency and take some bold actions in Season 7 to become the major players they should be, or die heroically. If Jaime doesn't kill Cersei, he's just been wasting my time with a redemption arc that consists of him being a whipped errand boy for most of the show.

8 minutes ago, Lorathi said:

I really want it to be Jaime. I feel like Jaime is in the same category as Theon and Sansa. These are characters who have taken up way too much of my screen time being constant victims. I want a payoff. I want them to find some agency and take some bold actions in Season 7 to become the major players they should be, or die heroically. If Jaime doesn't kill Cersei, he's just been wasting my time with a redemption arc that consists of him being a whipped errand boy for most of the show.

Maybe Arya will use Jaime's face to get to Cersei.

Sansa's a classic Westeros ruler.  I expect Joffrey-like cold actions from her.

I think Jamie is done.  He's a plot device at this point.  He has no business going north, by himself.

In the show Arya will kill Cersei.  It is the last name on her list, she said she would kill the queen, and she has more motive than Jaime at this point.  There is nothing more Cersei can do in 6 episodes that Jaime is going to feel like it is more important for him to teleport back to Kings Landing to kill her than to fight the WWs unless the Night King is defeated early in the season.  Jaime wouldn't kill Cersei out of anger if her blowing up their uncle and sort of being responsible for their son's suicide (in addition to her accepting Euron's marriage proposal) didn't make him angry enough already. It'd have to be to prevent a "burn them all" moment from happening.  Arya won't be wearing Jaime's face either - he's too much of a good guy now for the show to go that route, and if Brienne is around she will not allow it.

If GRRM was to finish the books (which he won't) Cersei would be killed by Jaime, likely to prevent or because of whatever mass destruction she would try to inflict during either Aegon's or Daenerys' invasion of King's Landing.  Jaime either will die shortly after (most likely) or be revealed to be Azor Ahai and commit the Lannister army north to support Jon and/or Stannis, leaving the city and throne open for Aegon or Daenerys or Euron.

On 8/28/2017 at 2:51 AM, Capo Ferro said:

I'd always thought it would be Jaime who killed Cersei.  There's some poetry to it and it fits the prophecy.  But now Jamie's walked away and it's hard to see the story between that and rekindling the rage needed to kill a sister he once loved.

But Cersei is a problem -- at least Tyrion and the Targaryans saw her as an immediate problem.  When Jaime arrives in the North they'll see that again.  And Arya seems the blindingly obvious solution.

Perhaps six episodes is enough to bring Jaimie back into Cersei's company and in a sufficient rage to kill her but it doesn't make sense unless she's still a very real and very pressing threat and it's not obvious to me how, in six episodes, you create that as well as resolving the war in the North. 

My theory:  Jaime will cross Cersei off when he discovers he is not the father of Cersei's baby, but Euron is.

That won't take 6 episodes to develop.  It will only take about 6 seconds of screen time.

And Jaime DOES have a temper, and DOES act impulsively (books and show)

And that revelation is VERY personal to Jaime, a very deep and personal betrayal, which I believe will cause Jaime to cross her off. (By the way, I said will cause JAIME to cross her off, I did not say I agreed with it or think it would be justified.  I need to make that clear cuz, as I recall, I believe I was once having a conversation with someone about this issue who seemed to think I was saying it's okay for Jaime to kill Cersei b/c she was unfaithful to him.  But NO, that's not what I said then, and that's not what I'm saying now.  So hopefully that is crystal clear.)

Jaime is the Valonqar, NO question in my mind.

The books and the shows are said to have the same ending, just a different path to that ending.

While it makes sense for Arya to kill Cersei, her last scene in the show where she was talking with Sansa, it made me think that she won't leave her family and be a lone wolf. also she admitted to missing Ned, which alluded she's allowing herself to finally mourn.
on the other hand I've always thought Arya might blow up KL (because of what ghost of HH said to her, she has to be way darker than she is now to get such a strong reaction from GOHH)

4 minutes ago, Lady Stonebrain said:

The books and the shows are said to have the same ending, just a different path to that ending.

While it makes sense for Arya to kill Cersei, her last scene in the show where she was talking with Sansa, it made me think that she won't leave her family and be a lone wolf. also she admitted to missing Ned, which alluded she's allowing herself to finally mourn.
on the other hand I've always thought Arya might blow up KL (because of what ghost of HH said to her, she has to be way darker than she is now to get such a strong reaction from GOHH)

lol Arya is not going to blow up Kings Landing, either in books or show. It makes no sense whatsoever for her character.

Arya is a killer, no argument there. If you wrong her or those she cares about, look out. But she is NOT Cersei. Arya is a character who the books go to great lengths to demonstrate has a lot of empathy, particularly for the downtrodden and common people. Her destiny in the books may well be some kind of leader or champion of the common folk. There are plenty of hints towards that.

Her just blowing up a city and killing thousands upon thousands of the people she feels for and would want to defend makes absolutely no sense.

21 minutes ago, Gaz0680 said:

lol Arya is not going to blow up Kings Landing, either in books or show. It makes no sense whatsoever for her character.

Arya is a killer, no argument there. If you wrong her or those she cares about, look out. But she is NOT Cersei. Arya is a character who the books go to great lengths to demonstrate has a lot of empathy, particularly for the downtrodden and common people. Her destiny in the books may well be some kind of leader or champion of the common folk. There are plenty of hints towards that.

Her just blowing up a city and killing thousands upon thousands of the people she feels for and would want to defend makes absolutely no sense.

At this point yes it doesn't make sense, but it did when I first thought about it and saw it that way if she continued the path she was on that's where it would ultimately take her.

Archived