[SPOILERS] Drogon Is A Ham

lol Drogon surely knows how to make an entrance!  In EP07 gliding down, landing on the edge of the forum with that wicked screech....... bowing down LOW to let Daenerys off... then beating those big huge powerful wings over everyone to ascend back into the sky.  Every time, I am impressed.  Awesome creature that knows how to make himself known! :P

38 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

they think Drogon is a bad ass.  That crazy ass flying undead lizard up north, did it seem to anyone else that unViscerion is waaaaay faster and completely fucking insane?

It also occurred to me that Vice had lots of holes in his wings and that has to reduce lift and maneuverability. 

1 hour ago, Col Cinders said:

It also occurred to me that Vice had lots of holes in his wings and that has to reduce lift and maneuverability. 

They make the dead dragon all lightning fast and way more scary and I don't know how I feel about this.  Yes, a dragon FLIES and you can't do that with big holes in the wings.  I think they are making this undead dragon into some supernatural thing that is mire powerful than the regular ones.  I ultimately think that sucks.

19 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

They make the dead dragon all lightning fast and way more scary and I don't know how I feel about this.  Yes, a dragon FLIES and you can't do that with big holes in the wings.  I think they are making this undead dragon into some supernatural thing that is mire powerful than the regular ones.  I ultimately think that sucks.

Yeah all that is true.  The law of conservation of badass dictates that one ice dragon must be as strong as two living dragons.  When one of the living dragons falls the surviving dragon will be an equal for Vice.  Maybe they kill each other?

I do wonder if people who are blue-burned can be raised.  If not NK will have to use Vice against structures moreso than people.

3 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

They make the dead dragon all lightning fast and way more scary and I don't know how I feel about this.  Yes, a dragon FLIES and you can't do that with big holes in the wings.

Yes, and a person walks, and you can't do that with all the connective tissue rotting off, and yet wights in the show—and in every other movie or show with zombies—walk. And even in the books, a zombie that's only weeks away from rotting into nothing (as we saw with the hand they sent to KL) really can't plausibly be walking around, and yet they are.

But meanwhile, is he really way more scary? Drogon is pretty damn terrifying when he torches the Lannister army. Viserion may be more creepy, but I'm not sure he's more terrifying.

He does seem to be making more sustained fire blasts, but for all we know that's just a matter of the NK using up all his "fuel" in a short time, whereas Dany wanted to spread it out over the length of a battle. Or maybe Dany just wanted to be more dramatic by letting people run around for a while in panic before coming back to torch another batch.

3 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

I think they are making this undead dragon into some supernatural thing that is mire powerful than the regular ones.  I ultimately think that sucks.

But dragons are already some supernatural thing. And so are the undead. Whether an undead dragon should be more or less powerful than a regular one isn't really a question of which one is more supernatural.

2 hours ago, Col Cinders said:

I do wonder if people who are blue-burned can be raised.  If not NK will have to use Vice against structures moreso than people.

That's a good point.

But then the NK doesn't really need to turn the entire opposing army. Think about it: You're attacking a castle with 20K soldiers defending 200K civilians. If you burninate half the soldiers, you only get 10K former-soldier wights instead of 20K, but you still get most of the 200K former-civilian wights, so it's not a huge difference. And if you save 30K of your original wights by winning the battle more easily, it's probably worth it.

2 minutes ago, falcotron said:

That's a good point.

But then the NK doesn't really need to turn the entire opposing army. Think about it: You're attacking a castle with 20K soldiers defending 200K civilians. If you burninate half the soldiers, you only get 10K former-soldier wights instead of 20K, but you still get most of the 200K former-civilian wights, so it's not a huge difference. And if you save 30K of your original wights by winning the battle more easily, it's probably worth it.

Truth.  You nailed the math of the situation.  But NK is a caring NK.  NK has a plan for us all.  Using just the numbers paints the NK as a really cold person.

6 hours ago, Col Cinders said:

It also occurred to me that Vice had lots of holes in his wings and that has to reduce lift and maneuverability

Yes I noticed that. I think it's no problem tho the night King will have his minions patch 'em up in the off season and also apply a racing stripe decal... ;)

2 hours ago, Col Cinders said:

Truth.  You nailed the math of the situation.  But NK is a caring NK.  NK has a plan for us all.  Using just the numbers paints the NK as a really cold person.

Sometimes, even the most benevolent leader has to make tough decisions for the good of all of his people. It is not for us to second guess the Night King's choices. If his decisions look cold to you, you simply haven't opened your heart and truly accepted that the Night King is love.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

My favorite Drogon moment was when Dany initially asked her defeated enemies to bend the knee only a few initially did which angered Drogon so he roared at them as if to say "My mother said bend the knee bitches".

People may talk shit about Drogon but the way they write him is probably better than the way they wrote Arya and Sansa for the entire season 7!  He's a character all his own.  The way he has learned to accommodate Daenerys when she rides and when she disembarks, to as you said to him almost sensing what is going on to screech and scream or whatever.

People also keep saying Drogon came at Jon IN LOVE or whatever, but I think Drogon actually went to him to try and frighten him and Jon was unmoved so it caused respect.  I am SO not into the "Drogon smiled because he smelled Targaryen blood".

no ^_^

The real question is WILL Drogon bond with Ghost?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2017 at 2:36 AM, Iron Mother said:

lol Drogon surely knows how to make an entrance!  In EP07 gliding down, landing on the edge of the forum with that wicked screech....... bowing down LOW to let Daenerys off... then beating those big huge powerful wings over everyone to ascend back into the sky.  Every time, I am impressed.  Awesome creature that knows how to make himself known! :P

My favorite was when Drogon charged towards Jon and hissed at him. He didn't need to do it, he just has a flare for theatrics!

He and Dany were SUCH show-offs! 

Of course Drogon is a ham. He was born admist salt and smoke. The smoke is from the burning pyre. The salt is from people's sweat, because the pyre was so hot. 

When Drogon was born, there was a red comet in the sky, a bleeding star. Drogon is the ham that is promised!

Archived