Aegon and Daenerys: King and Queen of Westeros?

I think this episode has confirmed what many of us have been suspecting. For the Targaryen line to continue, Daenerys or Jon/Aegon will need an heir. And with six episodes to go, the only logical outcome is that Daenerys becomes pregnant on that boat to White Harbor. Since they both believe/and are skeptical that she can't have children, he might not 'pull out' and... surprise bub in the tub. Jon bending the knee was written so that he could win her heart. When he is revealed to be Aegon Targaryen, the sixth of his name, she will be more inclined to marry him than fight him. She knows he does not care about a crown; him bending the knee proved that. So when Bran and Sam confirm that he is the true heir to the Iron Throne, she knows that would not actively seek to claim that birthright.

At that point, the only logical choice is marriage between the two. This would unify the North and South - perhaps bring the north back into the fold. A Northern king with a foreign queen (although she was born in Dragonstone so... she's not technically a foreigner), would allow the Northern and mayhaps the Southern lords to accept Daenerys as their queen. Her trying to become queen on her own would be meet with resistance from the nationalist lords who would never accept a "foreign ruler".

Sure, people have been saying how one of both will die. But... that might not be the case. We all feel this way, that they might die, because that sounds like something GRRM would do. Or that since Jon was resurrected, he must die - but that is a cliche trope, no? And what is A Song of ice and Fire if not the breaking of tropes? Perhaps this bittersweet ending is one where Daenerys and Jon will live, but she will lose all her dragons in the fight against the White Walkers. Perhaps one of the Stark sisters will die, or Bran. Or any other of our favorite characters. A bittersweet ending does not mean that Jon and Daenerys must die :P They could die, sure, but not before a child is conceived or born - they are the last Targaryens' in the world. The House must endure.

Does this make sense?

It does to me

:D!I 100% agree with your post

:wacko:.But I m truly worried and maybe too influenced by all the post I ve read all day long but It won't surprised me that one of them died in an heroic arc .

it will be disaponting to me because even if we're not in a soap ,I mean they have both paid the price and the right to rule and live  Together right ??:wub:

though I m also concerned about Jon's reaction on their parentage reveal...

urrrgh 2019 really ???

58 minutes ago, 3sm1r said:

It kind of make sense, but I'm still cheering for Sansa and Jaime together on the lead of Westeros, with Dany and Jon tragical heroes

Jaime is not a ruler.. He is a nice soldier but he can't rule..

1 minute ago, Snormund said:

People cheering for Todd and Daedpan to rule together and produce a line of inbred children are pretty weird. Re-establishing a dynasty of inbred psycho Targaryens hardly seems like "breaking the wheel" to me. 

Perhaps there is, like, a little biasness in your hate towards them, lol? The textual evidence is pointing in the direction I've outlined. Anything could happen, but it is what it is.

I'm sorry if that makes you uncomfortable. :) Dont be too sad.

3 minutes ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

Perhaps there is, like, a little biasness in your hate towards them, lol? The textual evidence is pointing in the direction I've outlined. Anything could happen, but it is what it is.

I'm sorry if that makes you uncomfortable. :) Dont be too sad.

Sure. I hate Dany as played by Emilia Clarke immensely. I admit it. Jon was one of my faves in both book and show until recently and I feel betrayed by him in the show. 

But incest does lead to birth defects and I think I have a decent point in the new dynasty leading to more Aerys types 

Just now, 3sm1r said:

He will just kill Cersei. Then Sansa will rule

Of what I remember he left the capital.. I have always considered him to kill her...idk.. Maybe the Valanqur(I used to know the spelling:huh:) is the youngest child(son - she will have twins) that she will give birth too........Well...... I just realized that she won't give birth to her child... She was told that she would have only three children... 

9 minutes ago, Styl7 said:

Of what I remember he left the capital.. I have always considered him to kill her...idk.. Maybe the Valanqur(I used to know the spelling:huh:) is the youngest child(son - she will have twins) that she will give birth too........Well...... I just realized that she won't give birth to her child... She was told that she would have only three children... 

I've heard this theory, but I don't believe it. It's weird to call a son little brother. And he's supposed to suffocate her, so... I keep supporting Jaime

5 minutes ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

He's the only one capable of putting two sensible thoughts together.

Do you think Cersei's conspiracy was bad? It was sensible to think that if Daenerys big army and her two dragons cant beat them then her armies wouldn't make the difference.. Ofc this is not certain..maybe they could.. If she had helped them then after the WW were defeated she would have to fight Dany and Jon and die.. Ofc there will be no kingdom if they loose..soo... Was it sensible or was not?

He is indeed... But is he fit to rule?

25 minutes ago, Styl7 said:

Do you think Cersei's conspiracy was bad? It was sensible to think that if Daenerys big army and her two dragons cant beat them then her armies wouldn't make the difference.. Ofc this is not certain..maybe they could.. If she had helped them then after the WW were defeated she would have to fight Dany and Jon and die.. Ofc there will be no kingdom if they loose..soo... Was it sensible or was not?

He is indeed... But is he fit to rule?

Lets look at the contenders

Cersei 'Mother of Madness' Lannister

Sansa who knows nothing about military 

Dany who Tyrion himself says has temper tantrums and and is beholden to good advice to tame her impulses

Jon who cannot tell a simple lie for a greater good.

Jaime is looking a damn fine option

9 hours ago, falcotron said:

Once you start looking to people who aren't contenders and don't want to be, what's wrong with Gendry, or Davos, or Hot Pie?

Jaime is a contender, he's extremely close to power when people are dying like flies. 

Gendry: they are writing him as stupid when he's not.

Davos: Would be great but he doesn't have any individual might behind him.

Hot Pie: He can feed the realm but not much more

23 hours ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

I think this episode has confirmed what many of us have been suspecting. For the Targaryen line to continue, Daenerys or Jon/Aegon will need an heir. And with six episodes to go, the only logical outcome is that Daenerys becomes pregnant on that boat to White Harbor. Since they both believe/and are skeptical that she can't have children, he might not 'pull out' and... surprise bub in the tub. Jon bending the knee was written so that he could win her heart. When he is revealed to be Aegon Targaryen, the sixth of his name, she will be more inclined to marry him than fight him. She knows he does not care about a crown; him bending the knee proved that. So when Bran and Sam confirm that he is the true heir to the Iron Throne, she knows that would not actively seek to claim that birthright.

At that point, the only logical choice is marriage between the two. This would unify the North and South - perhaps bring the north back into the fold. A Northern king with a foreign queen (although she was born in Dragonstone so... she's not technically a foreigner), would allow the Northern and mayhaps the Southern lords to accept Daenerys as their queen. Her trying to become queen on her own would be meet with resistance from the nationalist lords who would never accept a "foreign ruler".

Sure, people have been saying how one of both will die. But... that might not be the case. We all feel this way, that they might die, because that sounds like something GRRM would do. Or that since Jon was resurrected, he must die - but that is a cliche trope, no? And what is A Song of ice and Fire if not the breaking of tropes? Perhaps this bittersweet ending is one where Daenerys and Jon will live, but she will lose all her dragons in the fight against the White Walkers. Perhaps one of the Stark sisters will die, or Bran. Or any other of our favorite characters. A bittersweet ending does not mean that Jon and Daenerys must die :P They could die, sure, but not before a child is conceived or born - they are the last Targaryens' in the world. The House must endure.

Does this make sense?

Frankly the issue here may not be Daenerys (who is not opposed to incestuous unions in principle and is even the result of one) but Jon.

If the info. comes out, Jon is the one who may not be willing to marry her (even though in love) out of his views on such unions. If he is also the legit heir to throne and he refuses any marriage with her ( and if she is as in love as she appears to be, she will at least push for this, perhaps as shared or co-rulers), that can lead to problems. Of course it then depends on how things work out. I can easily see Jon renouncing the throne in her favor (like Maester Aemon once did). But if the lords of Westeros decide to coalesce around him and insist on rejecting the foreign invader whose whole army is foreign then things might be tense.

11 minutes ago, Hajk1984 said:

Frankly the issue here may not be Daenerys (who is not opposed to incestuous unions in principle and is even the result of one) but Jon.

If the info. comes out, Jon is the one who may not be willing to marry her (even though in love) out of his views on such unions. If he is also the legit heir to throne and he refuses any marriage with her ( and if she is as in love as she appears to be, she will at least push for this, perhaps as shared or co-rulers), that can lead to problems. Of course it then depends on how things work out. I can easily see Jon renouncing the throne in her favor (like Maester Aemon once did). But if the lords of Westeros decide to coalesce around him and insist on rejecting the foreign invader whose whole army is foreign then things might be tense.

He may have no choice. We're being hammered over the head with the belief that Dany can't have children. And that most certainly means she WILL have a child, and we very likely saw that child's conception in yesterday's episode. Jon is never going to allow his child to be a bastard, he will marry Dany for the child if for nothing else.

12 minutes ago, GravyFace said:

He may have no choice. We're being hammered over the head with the belief that Dany can't have children. And that most certainly means she WILL have a child, and we very likely saw that child's conception in yesterday's episode. Jon is never going to allow his child to be a bastard, he will marry Dany for the child if for nothing else.

That seems weak since the taint of bastardy can be removed be royal decree; which, in this case can be (and will almost certainly will be if there is any risk) passed by either parent depending on who is the legitimate King or Queen. Would Jon be willing to enter into an incestuous Targ style marriage so the child does not grow up a bastard? Difficult to call. But being royalty creates this loophole which may never force him to make this choice.

Archived