Euron's reaction

On 29/08/2017 at 5:19 AM, Lorathi said:

Now she gives the most clever, ambitious ironborn captain an army and expects him to hand it over? That's crazy.

"Hand it over"? They are an army, not a cake. How does Euron have any say in the matter? They fight for the person who pays them, not their chauffeur. 

Ok, Dany has Varys!   Do you really think he does not already know Cersei has tried to enlist the Golden Company?  

Have we forgotten about Dario Naharras?  Commander of the Second Sons.  Totally in love with Dany..... hanging around in Essos.   Perfect hypotenuse for a love triangle......

The Golden Company aren't coming.  The Second Sons are going to get a free ride from Euron.  Cersie has to borrow gold, Dany has a fricking Golden Pyramid.......

Varys has either already paid the GC to allow the Sons to imprrsonate them or the Sons have dispatched the GC and assumed the contract.  

Either way Eurons fleet is getting burnt and Cersie is ska-rood

On 8/29/2017 at 0:50 AM, U-238A said:

That's a good point and would be a great twist. I hadn't thought of that, and I doubt DnD have either. It would be a great piece of writing and would be GRRM all over it if it were to transpire - irony, 'justice', vengeance etc... She's essentially a "Mad", tyrannical monarch. Her father is the one who had the doors opened for his armies to walk in. The only part left is to have her most trusted advisor murder her. Perhaps Arya disguised as Qyburn or LF... Though I can't remember if she's been prophecised to be killed by her brother in the show or not...

I never thought of that.  Arya wears Littlefingers face to goto Cersei to offer to double cross the Starks.    THAT would be an epic death

On 8/29/2017 at 6:19 AM, Lorathi said:

The most unrealistic part to me is the Golden Company. Cersei spends her entire new loan from the Iron Bank to acquire them, and she expects Euron to ferry them to Westeros and hand them over without any fight. The ironborn have always had a great navy, but never had a decent army. Now she gives the most clever, ambitious ironborn captain an army and expects him to hand it over? That's crazy.

Euron knows just how weak Cersei's position is right now. He knows all her fortifications and which areas of the city are mostly heavily guarded. Plus after his parade through King's Landing and his recent victories against the foreign invaders, all the smallfolk love Euron. It's not hard to imagine him pulling a Tywin on her (pretending he's inviting the army into the city for her to give them orders, and then sacking King's Landing).

I think that he will doublecross Cersei, but I don't belive that he's gonna sack KL. If he knows about strenghts and weaknesses of KL, then he knows about wildfire too, so sacking would be to much of a risk. He could hire an assassin to kill Cersei, which would put him in charge. 

Then he could offer Dany the same deal he offered Cersei. an alliance through marriage. That would make sense, if you remember conversation between Tyrion and Dany, after she dumped Dario for the sake of being open for political marriages. Plus, he's doing the same thing in the books atm.

Archived