The prince that was promised

I know I'm going against more popular theories... but I think Theon is Azor Ahai.

"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone. The bleeding star has come and gone, and Dragonstone is the place of smoke and salt."

Theon became a different person when he jumped into the water in the middle of the battle near Dragonstone (smoke, salt water) and today he finally acted on it. Melisande has come and gone (she's the bleeding star or wears it imo). 

The only thing I can't tie in is the sword... but that might become clear later. I think Jon and Jaime brought theirs, but there may be one around somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

The only thing I can't tie in is the sword... but that might become clear later.

You mean Lightbringer?

There's nothing to suggest that AAR should be forging a new Lightbringer; that's supposed to return too, just like him. He reaches into a fire and withdraws a flaming sword, and that sword is Lightbringer. And that hasn't happened yet for any of the characters (well, except Stannis, but Mel basically faked that).

1 minute ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

I wasn't thinking he'd forge it... just trying to remember if any known Valyrian steel sword was currently not being carried by anyone or was being carried by someone in KL.

You think it's just going to be a Valyrian steel sword?

That's kind of boring for Lightbringer. Most people have theories that take dozens of pages and involve comets and symbolic lions and wives and so on. Don't you know how to crackpot? :)

20 minutes ago, Iotun said:

Still, the main things that annoyed me:

1) *Text*

The point of this meeting was to solidify beyond doubt that Cersei is the villain, and that Jon and Daenerys are the heroes. 
It also sets up some eventual intrigue, depending on what Tyrion and Cersei told each other, and lastly it ended up being the straw that broke the camels back for Jamie: He finally left Cersei, and now he will ride north and tell Joneris that Cersei won't come to help, and that she instead will try to backstab them.

2) Why does Tyrion claim responsibility for the deaths of Tommen and Myrcella? That seems completely pointless.

Myrcellas death was by extension his fault, since he was the one who sent her to Dorne.
Why he claims responsibility for Tommens death is harder to fathom, perhaps he was just trying to calm Cersei. Perhaps he knows that if he hadn't killed Tywin, then Tommen wouldn't had been led down the path that caused him to commit suicide.

3) The Bran exposition scene was completely pointless. It feels like the show is treating us like idiots. The show should have made it absilutely clear by now that Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, and that he was a legitimized son of Rhaegar. The show actually did a good job of 'showing' us this up to this point, why have to spell it out for us in such an obvious way?

You're looking at this from the eyes of someone who probably spends quite a lot of their spare time discussing and theorizing about Game of Thrones and rewatching the episodes..Remember that not everyone spends time on forums, reddit, YT, etc, to discuss the series.

For the casual viewer, this scene makes a lot of sense. I know quite a few casual viewers and they actually have issues with following the story on occasion, despite all the exposition. Heck, my own room-mate likes GoT and has seen the entire series, but he still thought that Jon and Daenerys were siblings until corrected him, that the mad king was his grand father, and not his father. 
It's easy to miss things if you're only looking at every episode once.

4) Finally, I thought the blue fire dragon with the Night King riding it looked too fake, and too computer gamey for me. 

You're entitled to your own opinion of course. In my opinion, you're just complaining for the sake of complaining with this complaint. ;)

As for the prophecy; I think that The Prince/Princess that was promised refers to Jon and Dany's, now conceived child.  Neither Jon or Dany are a prince/princess, and the whole gender-ambiguity makes sense seeing as the baby's gender is unknown before birth. 

They've been hitting us on the head with fact that Dany can't have children lately, and I'd say Jon's comment on the matter in this episode made it clear once and for all that the show will find way for Dany to be able to get pregnant again. Perhaps the reason will be much simpler than what everyone expected, perhaps it's as simple as Jon pointed out: What if Miri Maaz Duur simple lied? Daario might simple have been sterile.

1 hour ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

I don't get why people have such a hard time believing Jon is The Prince That Was Promised, it's all there in the books...and why does everyone group TPTWP together with Azor Ahai? 

Well, it's not all there. Right now it fits Danny better in the books than him. People believe that's too obvious though so they look toward Jon. 

I personally don't think there is a TPTWP. It's all a big fairy tale.

Just now, the Greenleif Stark said:

But the series is called A Song of Ice and Fire...who do you think that refers to?

Jon. But you're putting a lot of stock into prophecies that GRRM has stated, don't come true the way we think they do. 

And again, from just judging the books, Jon doesn't fit all the categories yet. He probably will eventually, but doesn't yet. So it's not "all there in the books" yet.

Archived