Qyburn and his curiosities

tallTale

Qyburn seemed to be extremely fascinated with the wight. We know he was kicked out of the citadel for studying the supernatural. Do you see him playing a major part in next season? Perhaps even finding a way to control the wights somehow? 

31 minutes ago, tallTale said:

Qyburn seemed to be extremely fascinated with the white. He was kicked out of the citadel for studying the undead. Do you see him playing a major part in next season? Perhaps even finding a way to control the whites somehow? 

Most likely he will take part. His knowledge can be of use. Otherwise Robb saved him only to serve Cersei the Mad queen. 

Qyburn was my favourite part of this episode - and he was the only one who seemed to respond remotely normally around the wight, considering a dragon had just landed right near them all and there was a giant re-animated Mountain (who must stink like rotten fish guts) in their midst.

I think his curiosity was just that, a curiosity.  You've seen how he acts around Cersei, he is devoted to her and enjoys being a part of her psychotic plans.  I don't think he would ever do something good for other people. Plus, Jon and anyone else that has fought wights already knows how to defeat them, especially knowing killing the creator of the wight undoes them all.  So I'm not sure what Qyburn could add to that, which I don't believe he would anyway.  We also know how white walkers can be killed so there is only one question left, how to kill the Night King?

As I wrote earlier, I was very curious about what Qyburn would do in the episode. In the end, pretty much nothing. I was disappointed. He has been portrayed to be a very capable man - with very serious character flaws obviously. But he didn't really do anything other than lift the hand for Jon to light up.

9 minutes ago, Dragons 7th Eye said:

As I wrote earlier, I was very curious about what Qyburn would do in the episode. In the end, pretty much nothing. I was disappointed. He has been portrayed to be a very capable man - with very serious character flaws obviously. But he didn't really do anything other than lift the hand for Jon to light up.

My brother was also disappointed and felt they could have at least gave Qyburn some lines about it. On the other hand, I was also very excited to see Qyburn this episode and his reaction to the wight, so I'm glad it's at least portrayed as he's keenly interested, he's the first person up and to it after it's released, because it's something that seems right up his alley. Better then no scene at all 

I think he should take jaime's side ..

he studied at the citadel and was sworn to be a maester and from what i gather maesters served humanity in one way or abother.

ok he made a monster out of gregor for cersei but this wight/walker threat should wake him up a bit.

5 hours ago, tallTale said:

Qyburn seemed to be extremely fascinated with the wight. We know he was kicked out of the citadel for studying the undead. Do you see him playing a major part in next season? Perhaps even finding a way to control the wights somehow? 

No, he is seeing new possibilities for building an army for Cersei. If you can raise the dead then you don't need gold to pay for mercenaries.

While Daenerys and Jon are fighting in the north, Cersei will be building her own army of the dead, but this one doing HER bidding like Ser Gregour.

4 minutes ago, Danny- said:

One can wish.

Cersei is very fond of her Hand of the Queen. Perhaps he is one of the things that will be taken away by the younger more beautiful Queen.

But unfortunately I doubt it. I think he will go down with her. He should. We can't have all the nice things on the side of the good guys in the end. Jaime already went. I expect Bronn to follow, soon.

1 hour ago, Danny- said:

he studied at the citadel and was sworn to be a maester and from what i gather maesters served humanity in one way or abother.

ok he made a monster out of gregor for cersei but this wight/walker threat should wake him up a bit.

He's not a maester, he was expelled from that group because of his total lack of ethics.  Like another poster said, the only thing that woke him up was the idea of making an army of dead for Cersei, she is the only person he serves.

36 minutes ago, triton333 said:

My first thought was that he was thinking of taking the pieces and turning them into a weapon, a super-Mountain or something

80-foot-tall magic Voltron-Mountain made up of random wight limbs. I'm liking this idea. All of Qyburn's funding requests are hereby approved.

On 8/28/2017 at 7:03 AM, tallTale said:

Qyburn seemed to be extremely fascinated with the wight. We know he was kicked out of the citadel for studying the supernatural. Do you see him playing a major part in next season? Perhaps even finding a way to control the wights somehow? 

He was intrigued because he is a zombie creator himself.  It's like if Pepsi got their hands on the Coca Cola recipie.  

Archived