Did Varys win the competition between LF ?

Erkan12

Varys has been shit all season his intelligence has been less than adequate and he's been opening the King's letter's lol. His best scene this yr was w/ Melisandre other than that... real meh. I cant wait til he finds out LF is gone and I can't wait for Jon I mean Aegon to hear Sansa passed the sentence and Arya swung the sword.

#TeamQyburn 

It is sad that (like another poster said) Varys has been downgraded to Tyrion's "Missandei".  He barely interacts with any other characters because he has no relationship with them.  He had the crucial scene with Dany and the one with Mel.  But he just isn't important enough to be given more screentime.  And that is sad for one of the alleged Masters of the Game of Thrones, on par with LF.

I hope he survives the series since his Aegon plot didn't happen and he's just A Good Guy in the show.  I don't know what Mel's hints about him dying are all about.  I can't possibly see what role he'd play at this point that would get him killed, when he's been so careful.

Varys may have won, he still lives, but I wonder.........will he be the only one who mourns "Poor Littlefinger?"  I doubt it, this LF wasn't even the same as first few seasons LF, much less the book version.  I think Varys mourned LF's passing long ago. 

No way,  Varys is not on the same level of LF.  LF had Varys and Tywin and Olenna built into him.  He was the most competent man in Westeros.  Varys is a glimpse of LF.

Varys never won anything.  LF was entrusted by Olenna to carry out plan of Joffrey's murder.  That speaks volumes about the man and his integrity and abilities.

Varys's game isn't finished. He has neither won nor lost, though it could be argued that continued survival is a victory for the day. Although he has taken an overdose of stupidity and incompetence pills in recent seasons.

Littlefinger, on the other hand, has lost. Remember, when you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. Littlefinger died - that's pretty much the definition of loosing. Although Littlefinger did have a pretty good run in the first couple seasons. And then he OD'd on stupidity and incompetence pills.

3 hours ago, Kytheros said:

Varys's game isn't finished. He has neither won nor lost, though it could be argued that continued survival is a victory for the day. Although he has taken an overdose of stupidity and incompetence pills in recent seasons.

Littlefinger, on the other hand, has lost. Remember, when you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. Littlefinger died - that's pretty much the definition of loosing. Although Littlefinger did have a pretty good run in the first couple seasons. And then he OD'd on stupidity and incompetence pills.

The bit about the best players surviving was true early in the series, but once magic took over, it's much less true.

Cersei - Wildfire

Jon - Resurrection

Dany - Fireproof

Some of the consistent worst decision makers in the show are still alive due purely to luck, so the argument that surviving means you're clever doesn't apply at this point.

3 minutes ago, Lorathi said:

The bit about the best players surviving was true early in the series, but once magic took over, it's much less true.

Cersei - Wildfire

Jon - Resurrection

Dany - Fireproof

Some of the consistent worst decision makers in the show are still alive due purely to luck, so the argument that surviving means you're clever doesn't apply at this point.

Surviving means you haven't dead.

Dying means you lost.

Surviving means you keep playing - living another day means you didn't loose that day.

If the options are "win or die", living is a victory in and of itself. I mean, it's not a victory where you gain ground, but you held your ground.

Winning doesn't mean you're clever. It simply means you haven't died. Being clever certainly helps, though, at least, usually it helps.

Archived