That was Rhaegar?

Rhaegar was just a Viserys look-alike? I'm a bit disappointed. I need to be convinced why Lyanna chose him in the first place. He really has to be a charming intense emo singer songwriter for me to be satisfied that Lyanna risked everything to be with him. In short, impress us next season- sing us the "Song of Ice and Fire" Rhaegar! And give us a whole load of prophecy while you're at it. Song-exposition instead of sexposition.

47 minutes ago, Chrizelda said:

Rhaegar was just a Viserys look-alike? I'm a bit disappointed. I need to be convinced why Lyanna chose him in the first place. He really has to be a charming intense emo singer songwriter for me to be satisfied that Lyanna risked everything to be with him. In short, impress us next season- sing us the "Song of Ice and Fire" Rhaegar! And give us a whole load of prophecy while you're at it. Song-exposition instead of sexposition.

Looked exactly like that little shit, even had the same hairstyle.  Fuck maybe it was the actor that played Viserys, probably not but they were almost identical.  

Disappointing in the sense that Rhaegar has been systemically built up to be this formidable, almost unbelievable figure, and then it turns out that, actually, he looks pretty much exactly the same as dickweasel Viserys whom the audience is supposed to hate. 

Just now, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

So find a long blonde hair body builder slash supermodel.  It's not like that scene required acting skills.

And make them (the show runners) do work? Nahhhhh. Easier to just do this. Haha. But I agree with ya!

I agree very disappointing, they made no effort to differentiate him from Viserys, or make him look regal. Either someone screwed up or they just don't really care anymore they just want the show to be over with. I heard it rumored that this guy Devin Oliver was rumored to play him but I guess they didn't go with that but if you Google the guy he looks like he could be Rhaegar. Really though the whole point of enjoying a visual adaptation is that the characters look the part and they fell on this one. Shame.

27 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Looked exactly like that little shit, even had the same hairstyle.  Fuck maybe it was the actor that played Viserys, probably not but they were almost identical.  

Different actor --

Viserys was played by Harry Lloyd, and Rhaegar by Wilf Scolding.

Probably used the same wig :P

well maybe the reason they made him look like viserys was so that they would make the impression as he is a jerk just like his brother that way they can have a good reason for how come he annulled his 1st marriage :P both physically and psychologically  like viserys :huh:

38 minutes ago, S. OF HOUSE STARK said:

Disappointing in the sense that Rhaegar has been systemically built up to be this formidable, almost unbelievable figure, and then it turns out that, actually, he looks pretty much exactly the same as dickweasel Viserys whom the audience is supposed to hate. 

An other evidence that the authors don't give a shit.

The scene was probably shot by two assistants, with Harold Lloyd who has come to visit some friends on the set, and one of the assistant's girl friend… :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Chrizelda said:

I'm not positive if this is accurate or not, cuz I haven't checked the quote from the books, but someone posted a comment saying that in the books, when Dany first saw Rhaegar in a vision in the House of the Undying, she at first mistook him for Viserys.

If so, then apparently they DID look very similar, and if so then what they did on the show made a lot of sense, and would be consistent with book canon.

But like I said, I haven't checked or seen the actual quote from the book.

Both Lyanna and Rhaegar did not look like I imagined them in my mind. It seems that they re-used the wig that Harry Lloyld wore. They could have at least given him a different hairstyle to differentiate him from Viserys, they did not make any effort at all. Regarding his looks in general, I take all the book  descriptions with a grain of salt, as a lot of people in ASOIAF are either drop-dead beautiful or incredibly ugly. .

Archived