Future of the dothraki

On 2017-08-29 at 9:53 PM, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

You know I wondered that, who needs Varys or Qyburn and little birds when you have the ultimate spy in Bran.  I mean he should know Cersei's plans before Jon and company or Jaime arrive.

It will be like

"Cersei is going to backstabbing you with GC blah blah blah" - Jaime

"Why should we trust you?" - Dany 

"Yes,  he is telling the truth" - Bran

And that is how Jaime gets accepted.

On 8/28/2017 at 11:39 AM, norwaywolf123 said:

Are the dothraki going north? Iff so waht will happen to the dothraki "civilians"? Will the "civilian dothrakis" be left in the south or move north along the warriors? If they remain in the south maybe the faith millitant can purge the land of heathens?

We've not seen the women and the children all season long.  Perhaps only the warriors crossed the sea with Daenerys.  Whatever the case may be, the Dothraki has a home to come back to after the war with the NK is over.  And because they will basically save Westeros from the Others they deserve to stay and claim lands from Westeros for themselves if they choose to do so.  They will be the saviors of Westeros and they will have the right, and the might, to stay if they want to.  I believe Daenerys will give them that choice.  The Starks and the Lannisters will not be able to refuse.  Hopefully, the wolf and the lion will be extinct at the end of the show but even if not, they will have no choice but to give up some of their lands to their Dothraki saviors.

2 hours ago, 300 H&H Magnum said:

We've not seen the women and the children all season long.  Perhaps only the warriors crossed the sea with Daenerys.  Whatever the case may be, the Dothraki has a home to come back to after the war with the NK is over.  And because they will basically save Westeros from the Others they deserve to stay and claim lands from Westeros for themselves if they choose to do so.  They will be the saviors of Westeros and they will have the right, and the might, to stay if they want to.  I believe Daenerys will give them that choice.  The Starks and the Lannisters will not be able to refuse.  Hopefully, the wolf and the lion will be extinct at the end of the show but even if not, they will have no choice but to give up some of their lands to their Dothraki saviors.

I dont think the dothraki will survive as a horde, some indivudals might survive but they will be in small numbers in small pockets unable to esatblish continious dothraki community, being forced to integrate with outher residents. i see this future of the series as a new age of heroes which will shake up the foundations of westerosi social landscape. Warlords will rise, preachers will rise. Might is right. For all we know humanity may only survive in some pockets? Caves, castles. Maybe there will be whitewalkers in Essos too, the lord of light makes me believe that.

On 8/29/2017 at 0:53 PM, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

You know I wondered that, who needs Varys or Qyburn and little birds when you have the ultimate spy in Bran.  I mean he should know Cersei's plans before Jon and company or Jaime arrive.

Only if someone tells him where and when to look. For example, he had no idea that Rhaegar and Lyanna were married until Sam gave him enough information to find the wedding and watch it.

If Dany asked him for everything Cersei did in the 30 minutes after the armistice conference, they might discover the truth. Or they might just waste 30 minutes of everyone's time, if the Jaime meeting was an hour after. And would anyone think to ask him that in the first place?

Learning how to use a search engine is a skill—one every 12-year-old kid today is orders of magnitude better at than even Sam.

1 minute ago, falcotron said:

Only if someone tells him where and when to look. For example, he had no idea that Rhaegar and Lyanna were married until Sam gave him enough information to find the wedding and watch it.

If Dany asked him for everything Cersei did in the 30 minutes after the armistice conference, they might discover the truth. Or they might just waste 30 minutes of everyone's time, if the Jaime meeting was an hour after. And would anyone think to ask him that in the first place?

Learning how to use a search engine is a skill—one every 12-year-old kid today is orders of magnitude better at than even Sam.

I guess a search engine really isn't much help unless you have someone to type something in it.  

7 minutes ago, #teamNightking said:

Chaos is a ladder : ) 

And yet, somehow, "cause an absolute ladder burning and pillaging every town and castle they come across" doesn't mean remotely the same thing. So much for early-20th-century theories of philosophy of meaning. :)

But poor LF, he really would have enjoyed the attempt to integrate the Dothraki into Westeros more than anyone else. Too bad he didn't quite live long enough.

On 8/28/2017 at 8:21 PM, athroneofgames said:

I doubt the show will get into those details considering there is only 6 episodes left but I think that the Dothraki might turn tail and run once they see the army of the dead. They will return south and cause absolute chaos burning and pillaging every town and castle they come across.

I agree. They signed on to rape, pillage and loot the Westerosi, something I'm sure the Dothroki have fantasized about for untold generations. 

But they were safe from the dead in Essos. What is their greater unifying purpose/motivation to cause them to die fighting the dead to save Westeros?

I imagine something like:

"Aww hell no" when they see the opponent. 

They kindly thank Dany for all she has done for them; handshakes all around, then make a cartoonish cavalry charge to the nearest ships and a fast forward style time warp retreat set to the Benny Hill theme song back to Essos and safety. 

Then Cersei laughs a deep and satisfying chuckle. 

Archived