What if the dragons would never hatch?

aryana

The White Walkers have been around and making moves since book and season 1. It was the prologue to the series and if I remember correctly also the first scene in the show. There were no dragons then. Not even a hint. But they were still creating wights, killing rangers of the night watch, progressing to the Wall, attacking Mormont etc. What was their plan? How did they plan to cross or break down the Wall? With the horn of Joramun? Do they see the future and so they knew the dragons will return?

Perhaps there are other ways? 

But I think we should have learnt the "rules" and "motivations" of these White Walkers by now. It sucks having an arbitrarily strong enemy right before the showdown. 

Well, we know  that the NK wanted a dragon and he also chose to spare the other two dragons plus the humans involved.  

55 minutes ago, SuperWrestler said:

Perhaps there are other ways? 

But I think we should have learnt the "rules" and "motivations" of these White Walkers by now. It sucks having an arbitrarily strong enemy right before the showdown. 

Well, we know  that the NK wanted a dragon and he also chose to spare the other two dragons plus the humans involved.  

He did try to kill Drogon and the heroes though with an ice spear... he just waited for them to take off.

I'm hoping there are other ways, and the show just went this way because it was the quickest and easiest. Otherwise they got by the wall with dumb luck.

11 minutes ago, LokisRaider said:

He did try to kill Drogon and the heroes though with an ice spear... he just waited for them to take off.

I'm hoping there are other ways, and the show just went this way because it was the quickest and easiest. Otherwise they got by the wall with dumb luck.

I suppose he is some kind of eccentric Bond-Villain or something who refuses easy targets for the sake of sport... 

He was toying with them, there is no other reason. 

Archived