What will Dany & Aejon name their heir?

I don't see an heir being produced, because I don't see Daenerys making it through next season.  The game has killed almost everyone that has attempted to win it and now there are only two players left and I believe they both with get killed next season by someone they love / loved.

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."

10 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

Eddard or Lyanna.

I wish the story was done with incest though..

It's the first time GoT has dealt with unintentional incest though.

Jon and Dany think they are soul-mates, two genetically unrelated people who have had similar life experiences and just 'click' (i.e. Dany being intrigued and confused when her Dragon is relaxed in Jon's presence), when in fact their mutual understanding stems from unwitting close kinship (which, we must remember, due to Targareyn inbreeding makes them genetically equivalent to a brother-sister rather than aunt-niece).

Dany's heritage is incestuous and she would (as the books tell us), presumably be fine in theory with incest but the gut-wrencher, the thing that could potentially devastate her, is discovering that the reason she and Jon have such great affinity for one another is because they are kin, and people naturally feel more affinity for those who share the same genetic material. For Jon, raised a Northerner with different (in our eyes normal) ethics, incest will likely be as heinous in his eyes as it would be in ours.

It will, I'm sure, challenge their relationship. At the moment, in their minds, everything seems so perfect. The revelation of their incestuous union will make things messy and complicated, the ideal situation for an outside third party (like Tyrion or Jorah) to foment discord.

1 hour ago, Snormund said:

Jon naming a daughter he created by fucking his aunt after his former lover is unbelievably messed up. 

Ah cmon who cares about incest in this show or books. It's a story in another world.

Eddard, Lyanna or Rhaegar

Am I the only one that thinks the heir in question will die with Dany. i.e not born yet??? I think that's the 'bittersweet' ending we've been speculating about all this time.

Night King dies, but so does Dany. King AeJon(Who never even wanted the throne) survives but doesn't get his happy ending. 

No idea for a girl, but if it's a bouncing baby boy, it's got to be 'Eddard'. We know Daenerys isn't opposed to bucking Targaryen trends, her son with Drogo was going to be Rhaego after all. I can see why people are calling for Rhaegar, but Jon has no attachment to the name or the person. Ned raised him, Ned's his father and I'd like to think Jon would honour the man that raised him that way.

4 minutes ago, DirewolfDave said:

Am I the only one that thinks the heir in question will die with Dany. i.e not born yet??? I think that's the 'bittersweet' ending we've been speculating about all this time.

Night King dies, but so does Dany. King AeJon(Who never even wanted the throne) survives but doesn't get his happy ending. 

That is not a bittersweet ending. That is a tragic ending. I don't see it happening.

3 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

That is not a bittersweet ending. That is a tragic ending. I don't see it happening.

Well, I guess maybe a bit too tragic, but I fully expect one of them(Jon/Dany) to die. Plus defeating the Night King and saving life in general is still 'sweet'. I'm just suggesting that might be the only happy part of the ending. 

The kid is going to be named Ned Targaryen regardless of their sex because Jonaerys is done with gender specific shit and want a clean slate for their child, who will also sleep in a crib carpentered from the spikes of the wheel their mom broke.

40 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I agree, "bittersweet" is distinct from "tragedy": 

bittersweet
ˌbɪtəˈswiːt/
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of food or drink) sweet with a bitter aftertaste.
    "she sipped the bittersweet drink"
  2. 2.
    arousing pleasure tinged with sadness or pain.
    "bittersweet memories of his time in London"

What's at all pleasing/sweet about Dany and her child dying in childbirth? That's not just tinged with sadness and pain.....

51 minutes ago, Krishtotter said:

I agree, "bittersweet" is distinct from "tragedy": 

bittersweet
ˌbɪtəˈswiːt/
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of food or drink) sweet with a bitter aftertaste.
    "she sipped the bittersweet drink"
  2. 2.
    arousing pleasure tinged with sadness or pain.
    "bittersweet memories of his time in London"

What's at all pleasing/sweet about Dany and her child dying in childbirth? That's not just tinged with sadness and pain.....

Bitter will be the deaths of Jon and Dany, and the sweet part will be the child that survives

Archived