Didn't get the premise of the truce

Skills

On 8/29/2017 at 11:28 PM, Mikkel said:

Since you persist.

Cersei: If my brother Jaime informs me correctly, you're asking me for a truce?
Dany: Yes. That's all.
Cersei: That's all? Pull back my armies while you go on your monster hunt

That's it, I'm done, if you still think they were asking for Cersei's armies there's nothing I can do to convince you. Yes, she later fake-offers them, but that was never the goal, because it was considered entirely impossible to get, whereas the truce was seen as at least worth trying for.

That conversation is in the context of whether Dany is asking for Cersei to bend the knee or not, which was Cersei's concern all along before and throughout the meeting.

On 8/30/2017 at 7:48 AM, Mikkel said:

That remains to be seen. I see no reason why she would break one part of the agreement but not the other (unless it was in her interest, and it isn't if she doesn't buy into the War for the Dawn thing).

Anyway, we'll just have to agree to disagree, because I remain convinced that the initial proposal (plan) was simply to cease hostilities and pull back, not to join forces.

You are correct, Hoo is not.

6 hours ago, bizzle said:

That conversation is in the context of whether Dany is asking for Cersei to bend the knee or not, which was Cersei's concern all along before and throughout the meeting.

Doesn't change the point that Dany was asking for a truce, not for Cersei's army to join them.

17 hours ago, bizzle said:

I don't think so. Maybe that's what Cersei sarcastically refers to with her "that's all", but really bending the knee was never on the table here.

You didn't get it because there isn't one, it's just bad writing. They don't care about reasons or logic, just scenes and payouts. Seems they know very well the majority of the viewership. 

Basic rule of war - you do not go fight a big monster with a crazy unreliable enemy on your back. You take them out first, as quickly as possible. Not only for your survival, but the kingdom.

You also do not put any trust on a crazy deranged person that you hate with a passion.

What happened to the scheming of the eunuch and the dwarf? They are useless.

Archived