S8 six episodes six features?

1 hour ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

They could really be true to the books and release them at irregular intervals, with the last episodes never coming at all, despite annual predictions that it should be released by the end of the year.

LOL I will use my first post ever to laugh at this! I hate the friend who gave me book one 19 years ago!

18 minutes ago, HarryN'TheStargaryens said:

LOL I will use my first post ever to laugh at this! I hate the friend who gave me book one 19 years ago!

Welcome to the forum Harry!  I'm the dumbass who already knew there wouldn't be any more books and thought it was really funny to make fun of book readers for holding out hope... and then got curious and read the books anyway.  Ugh, how you've gone through all of these years in ASOIAF purgatory is beyond me - I'm relatively new to it and I'm having a tough time with the wait!

2 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Welcome to the forum Harry!  I'm the dumbass who already knew there wouldn't be any more books and thought it was really funny to make fun of book readers for holding out hope... and then got curious and read the books anyway.  Ugh, how you've gone through all of these years in ASOIAF purgatory is beyond me - I'm relatively new to it and I'm having a tough time with the wait!

Thanks.

Yeah...it's been tough. Years go by between books. You have to go back and refresh your memory. Dude is like 70. He has at least 2 books to go. It is right around the 6 year Mark right? We could get it by spring I hope. I don't know how much he will commit to a 7th book. He's getting a little up there in age and has other things going on. I will beat my friend senseless if he doesn't finish!

all six consecutively. I am tired of waiting. I love game of thrones but I hate when they do that with shows unless it's a show that has like sixteen episodes where they break it up in eight episodes and have a little break between them. With six episodes they just have to do it consecutively. I just hope they have it next year rather then 2019.

13 minutes ago, HarryN'TheStargaryens said:

Thanks.

Yeah...it's been tough. Years go by between books. You have to go back and refresh your memory. Dude is like 70. He has at least 2 books to go. It is right around the 6 year Mark right? We could get it by spring I hope. I don't know how much he will commit to a 7th book. He's getting a little up there in age and has other things going on. I will beat my friend senseless if he doesn't finish!

I just started them six months ago or less and I can't wait for the next one. I hate the idea that I might not get to see them all.

36 minutes ago, HarryN'TheStargaryens said:

Thanks.

I'm afraid we all fear the same Harry. 

Martin is taking way too long to finish Winds. It should have been out in 2015. Now we are almost in 2018 and it's going to be the largest gap between his books, and he doesn't seem anywhere close to finishing the story.

I'm terribly sorry because I read all the books after Season 1 aired. He released ADWD that year and I couldn't be happier. Now it's almost been 7 years and I'm afraid we'll never see the true ending of the story.

49 minutes ago, Ingelheim said:

I'm afraid we all fear the same Harry. 

Martin is taking way too long to finish Winds. It should have been out in 2015. Now we are almost in 2018 and it's going to be the largest gap between his books, and he doesn't seem anywhere close to finishing the story.

I'm terribly sorry because I read all the books after Season 1 aired. He released ADWD that year and I couldn't be happier. Now it's almost been 7 years and I'm afraid we'll never see the true ending of the story.

I will be happy to get the next book. I'm not expecting the end. It will be one of those long felt disappointments in life. 

I secretly hope he's been playing us all and he's halfway through the last book. Just dragging this out because he's twisted. He will release it posthumously and have some words from the grave in there.

2 hours ago, HarryN'TheStargaryens said:
5 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Thanks.

I don't know if I'm supposed to laugh or cry. It's funny until you think that people dies every day and that in all these years there were and there will be many fans that didn't/won't get to know the end of this story.  So, in the "to do before I die" list, let's say "go to Paris" "parachute jumping" "to climb the Everest", we have to add "to know how this story ends". It's kind of sad.:(

Archived