Valonqar

So as we are getting to the last season of the TV show, and maybe eventually to this point in the books, it must be time to talk about the Valonqar? 

I'm starting to strongly believe the Valonqar MUST be Cerseis unborn child. Of course, if male, the Valonqar is the 'little brother' of Cersei's three children. 

Maggys prophesy regarding three children could simply mean Cersei will only live to see those three- I find it most interesting that the Valonqar prophecy was given as a direct answer to Cersei's question regarding children: 

Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

Okay so an unborn/during birth baby physically wrapping his hands around the ice queens throats is a little far fetched, but that could simply be a figure of speech for her death. 

How ironic if Cersei's end is through childbirth, like her mother - we have all surely picked up in the theme of the past repeating itself? Would be even greater irony if the baby lived and was dwarf...

1 minute ago, S. OF HOUSE STARK said:

I honestly can't believe people still doubt that it's Jaime. 

There will continue to be doubt until it happens on screen and then in the book. 

People are still doubting that R+L=J and claim it will be different in the books.  

A lot of people are very invested in their own pet theories.  

3 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

There will continue to be doubt until it happens on screen and then in the book. 

People are still doubting that R+L=J and claim it will be different in the books.  

A lot of people are very invested in their own pet theories.  

The same people who believe Sansa and The Hound are soulmates, no less. I think Jaime being the Valonqar is one of the few dead certain things in this series, IMO. 

19 hours ago, PastafarianTargaryen said:

So as we are getting to the last season of the TV show, and maybe eventually to this point in the books, it must be time to talk about the Valonqar? 

I'm starting to strongly believe the Valonqar MUST be Cerseis unborn child. Of course, if male, the Valonqar is the 'little brother' of Cersei's three children. 

Maggys prophesy regarding three children could simply mean Cersei will only live to see those three- I find it most interesting that the Valonqar prophecy was given as a direct answer to Cersei's question regarding children: 

Okay so an unborn/during birth baby physically wrapping his hands around the ice queens throats is a little far fetched, but that could simply be a figure of speech for her death. 

How ironic if Cersei's end is through childbirth, like her mother - we have all surely picked up in the theme of the past repeating itself? Would be even greater irony if the baby lived and was dwarf...

Plausible for sure.  Definite irony if the child is a dwarf, being she blamed Tyrion for her own mother's death his whole life.  

I've still always believed it would be Jaime and he would kill himself as well.  

I think you could just let it be if you read something you don't agree with. No need to be snarky about it. It's a plausible theory and even though Jaime being Valonqar is plausible too, it's not the law. We're all here because we like theorising about the book and the show, so why not accept you'll see things that aren't your cup of tea?

2 minutes ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

The valonqar doesn't exist in the show. We could be talking about Garlan Tyrell just as well.

Cersei had to die eventually. They may have Jaime kill her. They've certainly limited the options of little brothers who would be happy to take her out.

There are still plenty of good candidates in the books, including Garlan, Jaime, Gendry, and Victarion. 

Archived