The missing Arya-Sansa scene?

27 minutes ago, Zapho said:

Not necessarily. Bran can't watch everything all the time. And he doesn't have any means we know of to distinguish between important things and unimportant things. Other than common sense or experience. Which he didn't gain a ton of hiding in the cave.

Somebody on youtube suggested that Bran working together with Sam will be the way to 'unleash' Bran's super powers in a meaningful way. Cause Bran is like the internet without Google. Sam could be Google for him, using the knowledge he gained to mentor Bran in asking the right questions. The comparison isn't that fitting (Google doesn't tell you to ask the right questions either) but I liked it anyway. Bran's problem at the moment is that he has access to too much information and is still struggling to learn how to filter it.

For example: He might have seen that Littlefinger was the one to put the knife to Ned Stark's throat, because he probably examined what happened to Ned prior to his execution. Littlefinger was helping Ned, then betrayed him. And then he protected and tutored Sansa. Bran doesn't see into LF's head, he had to reserve judgement on his motivations as long as LF stayed as an ally in Winterfell. Everybody distrusted LF, but he was also the one who convinced the Knights of the Vale to help Jon - on Sansa's request. LF's betrayal of Ned wasn't enough to convict him at this point because LF could have claimed that he did it to protect Sansa and Arya when it became clear to him that Ned was lost. 

Bran might not have thought to examine his mother's relationship with his aunt Lysa too closely, especially in regard to LF. This was the really condemning part in the end. He needed some of the information Sansa must have provided him with before the showdown in order to look in the right direction.

Interesting, but as I've basically already said, it's highly reasonable to assume Bran is focusing on important people, events and his family, which are three categories that have a LOT of overlap.

Why would he NOT be watching Cersei?  She's queen of the 7 kingdoms!  Do we believe Bran needs Sam to tell him "Uh, hey, maybe you better check out what Cersei is up to?"  Personally, I don't think so.

Look at the gathering at the Dragon Pit.  That was a "who's who" of movers and shakers in Westeros.  Does Bran need Sam to tell him maybe he should keep an eye on what they are up to?  I don't think so.

And we already KNOW Bran was watching Sansa and Arya.  Why would he NOT be watching Jon?  Jon is his cousin, and true heir to the 7 kingdoms!  Holy cow, I've got to believe if Jon scratches his butt, Bran knows about it.

What have we been seeing on-screen for the last 7 seasons that Bran can't figure out all on his own is worth looking into?  Scene after scene after scene after scene involving kings, queens, lords, ladies, and Bran's family, often with a LOT of overlap in those categories.

Honestly, I really don't think Bran needs Sam to tell him where to focus his attention.  I honestly believe Bran should be able to figure out all on his own that he should be watching the Great Houses that are currently deciding the fate of Westeros, including, in many cases, Bran's own blood relatives.

2 hours ago, Cron said:

Honestly, I really don't think Bran needs Sam to tell him where to focus his attention.  I honestly believe Bran should be able to figure out all on his own that he should be watching the Great Houses that are currently deciding the fate of Westeros, including, in many cases, Bran's own blood relatives.

He should be, but by his own admission he isn't there yet. He has trouble piecing the fragmented things he's seeing together. Your examples were of the Dragonpit meeting which I agree it is safe to say Bran did know to pay attention to and attention paying he did. 

What we've seen so far of Bran's powers is that he is hell on wheels when someone helps him to look in the right direction. The scene with Sam was very clear in that respect. Bran never searched for information about the possibility that Jon was legitimate. When Sam pointed it out, he immediately found the right tidbits. He'd never been looking for them before. It just didn't cross his mind imo. 

Do you know the Dresden Files? In Turn Coat, the protagonist gains Intellectus of sorts. There is a discussion about the difference between Omniscience and Intellectus where the apprentice realized that the main drawback of Intellectus is that it's fine that you get answers to all your questions but being able to ask the right questions is the real challenge. Imo, that's kind of Bran's problem. He is not omniscient, he still has to ask the right questions and that's a lot harder than people give it credit to.

8 minutes ago, Zapho said:

He should be, but by his own admission he isn't there yet. He has trouble piecing the fragmented things he's seeing together. Your examples were of the Dragonpit meeting which I agree it is safe to say Bran did know to pay attention to and attention paying he did. 

What we've seen so far of Bran's powers is that he is hell on wheels when someone helps him to look in the right direction. The scene with Sam was very clear in that respect. Bran never searched for information about the possibility that Jon was legitimate. When Sam pointed it out, he immediately found the right tidbits. He'd never been looking for them before. It just didn't cross his mind imo. 

Do you know the Dresden Files? In Turn Coat, the protagonist gains Intellectus of sorts. There is a discussion about the difference between Omniscience and Intellectus where the apprentice realized that the main drawback of Intellectus is that it's fine that you get answers to all your questions but being able to ask the right questions is the real challenge. Imo, that's kind of Bran's problem. He is not omniscient, he still has to ask the right questions and that's a lot harder than people give it credit to.

Well, i agree that Bran is not omniscient, but really, I don't think it's hard to come up with the right questions.

Here's one:  What has Jon been doing for the last 7 years?

Here's another:  What has Dany been doing for the last 7 years, since she's really critical and has just invaded Westeros with 3 dragons?

What have Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, et cetera, all been doing for the last 7 years?

And I DO think it's reasonable to assume Bran has been asking those questions, and looking into those people.

My goodness, his comment to LF about "Chaos is a ladder" CLEARLY shows that he was even monitoring a secondary character (LF) in a meeting with another secondary character (Varys, with no one but LF and Varys present), both of whom are far less important than the list of primary characters I went through above.

That's my opinion, at least.  My active assumption is that Bran knows EVERYTHING we do, plus a whole lot more, and as days  and weeks go by (in Westeros time), he knows more and more and more.

What can Sam add to that?  "Hey, you might wanna check out what Jon Snow has been up to?"

Seriously, this is a sincere question. What specific issues do you think Sam can suggest to Bran that he research that Bran has not already VERY likely looked into?  Okay, Sam told him about Rhaegar and Lyanna's marriage. All right, fair enough, Bran looked into it.  But...current events??  I just cannot imagine that Bran is not monitoring current events very closely, every day.

Archived