Cersei's queensguard

What's the deal with Cersei's queensguard. The wight was about 20 yards away from her when tipped out the box by Sandor and got to within a yard from her, before getting pulled back. Her queensguard, including Ser Gregor didn't move. Not until the wight charged back at Sandor did Jaime and Ser Gregor move in front of her . Now I know it was a surprise, but hey isn't your job as a queensguard to stop enemies getting that close to your queen.

Ser Gregor actually unsheathes his sword, one more second and he would've cleaved it in two. You can see him move and prepare to defend Cersei in the background when the camera pans to Cerseis face.

As for why the other guards (including Jamie) didn't move, I'd say "surprise and shock" is a likely explanation. It didn't take many seconds for the wight to go from hidden in a box to be in Cerseis face.

It happens really fast but one does see Zom-Greg move and does have his sword out. 

Does seem like the sequence was staged to have the wight charge with hound letting the restraint go a bit loose before stopping it, I thought that was clever.

They sure got a perky wright! Most time they just do the zombie-shuffle.

23 minutes ago, boojam said:

It happens really fast but one does see Zom-Greg move and does have his sword out. 

Does seem like the sequence was staged to have the wight charge with hound letting the restraint go a bit loose before stopping it, I thought that was clever.

They sure got a perky wright! Most time they just do the zombie-shuffle.

well it was right in her face like less then a foot so ser gregor would have been a bit late.

I think Jamie even went backwards a little bit, but I agree that Ser Gregor would have been too late.  The writers wanted it to have maximum effect on Cersei so in the sequence of fast camera changes it wasn't too obvious that the wight could have killed her if not for the chain

5 hours ago, House Rootbreaker said:

I think Jamie even went backwards a little bit, but I agree that Ser Gregor would have been too late.  The writers wanted it to have maximum effect on Cersei so in the sequence of fast camera changes it wasn't too obvious that the wight could have killed her if not for the chain

I think it was calculated , on Jan and Dany's part, to really grab Cersei , really grab!

In fact , odd that it didn't really work, meaning Cersei is seriously out of touch with reality.

Dany and Jon ought to devise some way to channel the NK and his army to KL!

Archived