Where will the final battle happen?

CrypticWeirwood

It's pretty clear that the White Walkers will advance farther than Winterfell.  Probably that means Winterfell shall fall to them, but I don't know what that means for the three Starks there. Maybe they'll hide in the crypts again.

Dany and Jon are en route to White Harbor. Maybe there will be a battle there.

But in the books there have been dreams that the final battle will again be at the Trident, where Rhaegar fell. Will that happen, or will there somehow be a last battle at Winterfell again so that the saga closes where it opened?

Isn't it clear with how fast everything suddenly advances that the Night King ISN'T the final villain of the story, but Cersei? Which doesn't really make much sense from a storytelling point of view. Cersei and the remnants of her Lannister army remain at Kingslanding, Euron who is for some reason so loyal to her brings the Golden Company to save her ass and strengthen her position (even though the most logical move for his character is to get the fuck out of there with the gold because neither Cersei nor the Iron Throne are worth it to go back to a doomed kingdom)

I predict the war vs the Night King only lasts for the first two episodes, three at most. They somehow meet the Night King face to face, probably on top of their each respective dragons, kill him in a short battle (ignoring he has enough arm strength to snipe a dragon with a spear from a huge distance) and so all the undead forces die along with him.

Then the Golden Company arrive, whether to fight for Cersei or for Euron, and a new war begins in the last three episodes.

Daenerys' visions in the House of the Undying strongly suggest that King's Landing will be destroyed by Viserion, and that this will be where she dies. 

Whether that's where the final battle takes place or not, who knows. It could be a major battle, but not the final one. I'd like to see the White Walkers make it even further south.

6 minutes ago, Khorkalba said:

Daenerys' visions in the House of the Undying strongly suggest that King's Landing will be destroyed by Viserion, and that this will be where she dies. 

Whether that's where the final battle takes place or not, who knows. It could be a major battle, but not the final one. I'd like to see the White Walkers make it even further south.

With their pace? We'll need 10 more seasons. They'll never go past the Neck.

i actually get the feeling that the NK will be dealt with mid 8th season, and then they finish off with cersie at kings landing. and cersie will try to pull an aerys again. i say she miscarries, and the loss of that child, and the loyalty of jaime, breaks her completely, and she devolves into a monster that knows she's going down, and just wants to take everyone down with her.

The Trident.  Makes perfect sense for it to happen there.  Though I think the WWs will actually win that battle and then move on to KL, only to have their army of the dead blown up by Cersei with wild fire.  Dany's HOTU vision and all. 

No way the WWs are stopped in the North; we are getting a "Scouring of the North" type deal, no doubt in my mind.     

I am going with Winterfell. The city names seem to suggest there is accuracy to them. Kings landing is where King Aegon I Targaryen  landed from dragstone. Dragonstone is most likely named because of the dragon glass, perhaps Winterfell is named because that is where winter fell (white walkers) in the original invasion. 

The White Walkers are definitely getting further South than Winterfell. Still, that doesnt mean they have to go through Winterfell directly to get South. They could just as easily bypass it completely.

I do think a big battle is going to occur at Winterfell though, likely very early season 8 (id guess late ep 1 or ep 2). 

One of two things will happen at Winterfell:

1. It gets completely overrun and then utterly destroyed (not just burnt like in S2) by the army of the dead and the North overrun. The Starks either die or, more likely, have to find themselves a new home and path in life.

2. Winterfell remains standing but something huge happens there in the battle that perhaps results in a huge loss (eg both Rhaegal and Drogon die), but also damage is influcted to the NK and perhaps as a result of what happens there, they discover the key to defeatinng the NK. The final confrontation will occur much further South though.

15 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

The White Walkers are definitely getting further South than Winterfell. Still, that doesnt mean they have to go through Winterfell directly to get South. They could just as easily bypass it completely.

I do think a big battle is going to occur at Winterfell though, likely very early season 8 (id guess late ep 1 or ep 2). 

One of two things will happen at Winterfell:

1. It gets completely overrun and then utterly destroyed (not just burnt like in S2) by the army of the dead and the North overrun. The Starks either die or, more likely, have to find themselves a new home and path in life.

2. Winterfell remains standing but something huge happens there in the battle that perhaps results in a huge loss (eg both Rhaegal and Drogon die), but also damage is influcted to the NK and perhaps as a result of what happens there, they discover the key to defeatinng the NK. The final confrontation will occur much further South though.

2. Rhaegal and some main characters die, Drogon survies, Viserion gets injured by Rhaegal before he kills him Night King retreats with his armies.

Final Battle is at the Eerie.

That night she dreamt that she was Rhaegar, riding to the Trident. But she was mounted on a dragon, not a horse. When she saw the Usurper's rebel host across the river they were armored all in ice, but she bathed them in dragonfire and they melted away like dew and turned the Trident into a torrent. Some small part of her knew that she was dreaming, but another part exulted. This is how it was meant to be. The other was a nightmare, and I have only now awakened.

16 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

This.

They can go closer to coast side, from Eastwatch to Last Hearth, The Dreadfort, White Harbor, Moat Cailin, Greywater Watch (Howland Reed and Meera are here), Oldstones, Riverrun, Isle of Faces, and King's Landing.

Though probably they will go to Winterfell. Because NK marked Bran, so he knows where Bran is. Bran is so irrespunsible, even though he knows that NK will go wherever he is, he went home, and set up his entire family.

On 30.8.2017 at 10:48 AM, Khorkalba said:

Viserion is dead. Rhaegal and Drogo still live.

47 minutes ago, pinoyathletics said:

That would mean that the Dead army managed to march thru half of Westeros' leight. Also distance between Eastwatch and The Eyrie is three times longer than between Eyrie and King's Landing. If Night's King marched that far south, wouldn't it be more wise to let him thru to KL, and deal with Cersei? ^_^

Also in promo video where Jon, Dany and Cersei walk towards their thrones, and then close their eyes, out of three of them only Cersei is starting to exhale steam with her breath. Which means that winter/death/Night's King came to Cersei, to KL.

5 hours ago, pinoyathletics said:

2. Rhaegal and some main characters die, Drogon survies, Viserion gets injured by Rhaegal before he kills him Night King retreats with his armies.

I've seen way too many people suggest something like this despite the fact that it is completely out of left field and doesn't make geographic sense.  If you all think you've read spoilers online then use the spoiler tag even if it turns out to be fanfic.

5 hours ago, Faint said:

That night she dreamt that she was Rhaegar, riding to the Trident. But she was mounted on a dragon, not a horse. When she saw the Usurper's rebel host across the river they were armored all in ice, but she bathed them in dragonfire and they melted away like dew and turned the Trident into a torrent. Some small part of her knew that she was dreaming, but another part exulted. This is how it was meant to be. The other was a nightmare, and I have only now awakened.

I love it!  I didn't want to take the time to look this up.

Archived