Cersei's New Sigul?

I only just noticed all the ............ well, "Dead Guard"(?) have a strange new sigul on their chest as does Cersei's crown.  What's going on with that?  Jaime still has the Lions on his armor.  I cannot tell what this new sigul is or means.

30 minutes ago, Tucu said:

The sigil is a variation of the crown they introduced last season. It is a abstract mix of a lion sigil with the iron throne as the mane (according to the designers)

Is this fact?  I cannot make out what the sigil (thanks for that spelling correction) really IS.  And then Jaime is wearing a totally different armor with the Lion... weird.

Also.... isn't it weird the BANNERS now are Lannister?  She's not even pretending anymore..... or is this just for us (the audience) to make sure we know this is Lannister stuff going on... to connect the siblings and not confuse anyone. 

Recall back to the beginning of the series when people almost killed Joffrey in the streets for the idea he was an incest bastard.... but now, Cersei is all out in the TOTAL open with everything and pregnant again... but no one is protesting or complaining, in fact when is the last time we even saw a King's Landing "common folk" person? 

Many things are irritating me how they have chosen to end the series with total disarray and inconsistency. 

Oh and yes someone said the BLACK theme withe Queensguard and she is always wearing black.  I was posting in the "Drag Cersei" thread (although I couldn't call it that in order to have it get past the moderator) about the total overkill of demonizing Cersei to the point "goddammit we know she is an evil slut how much more will you shove it toward us?!" lol

Just make her breathe fire and have glowing blue undead eyes and whatever.  total overkill to make the audience understand who the villain is as if it is not clear already.

2 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

Is this fact?  I cannot make out what the sigil (thanks for that spelling correction) really IS.  And then Jaime is wearing a totally different armor with the Lion... weird.

Also.... isn't it weird the BANNERS now are Lannister?  She's not even pretending anymore..... or is this just for us (the audience) to make sure we know this is Lannister stuff going on... to connect the siblings and not confuse anyone. 

Recall back to the beginning of the series when people almost killed Joffrey in the streets for the idea he was an incest bastard.... but now, Cersei is all out in the TOTAL open with everything and pregnant again... but no one is protesting or complaining, in fact when is the last time we even saw a King's Landing "common folk" person? 

Many things are irritating me how they have chosen to end the series with total disarray and inconsistency. 

Oh and yes someone said the BLACK theme withe Queensguard and she is always wearing black.  I was posting in the "Drag Cersei" thread (although I couldn't call it that in order to have it get past the moderator) about the total overkill of demonizing Cersei to the point "goddammit we know she is an evil slut how much more will you shove it toward us?!" lol

Just make her breathe fire and have glowing blue undead eyes and whatever.  total overkill to make the audience understand who the villain is as if it is not clear already.

The banners are Lannister because it is now a Lannister throne. House Baratheon is extinct and any children Cersei has will be of house Lannister since she is now the queen.

I just read this

I chose to make it in silver with just wisps of gold to try to show her isolation, her mental disentangling from her family. There is no reference to [her late husband, Robert] Baratheon; there is no need anymore. She doesn’t have to try and prove a link,explained Michele. “The center of the crown is the lion sigil abstracted — its mane represents the Iron Throne, her desire. She has made it her own — she is reborn.

GoT costume designer Michele Clapton

How did the costume designer CHOOSE to make something?  So there is not even a hint of connection to the original story anymore?  No one told her what to design?  They said "make a new sigil for Cersei.  Be creative."??

LOL, so 'winter is here' is why Cersei changed hundreds of years of the KG in white?  Whatever.  Why the banners, and the armor and her own clothing is totally random seeming.  Wouldn't she be doing what Joff did, at least combining the sigil of houses?  And since Lannister colors are red....even if she has taken the crown as a "Baratheon"....we should be seeing red and black together.  Her crown should be not only huge and ostentatious, reminding the people that Lannisters are rich and pay their debts and Casterly Rock is full of gold..but it should be GOLD.  

I think the hair cut looks terrible on Lena, but I can get that Cersei is keeping her hair short on purpose to make a point, and it was actually a nice touch them showing that her courtiers have also cut their hair.

But all the black, and everyone else wearing back, Dany in black, it's weak.  And those outfits are also as I have said before extremely unbecoming on everyone.

1 minute ago, Iron Mother said:

I just read this

I chose to make it in silver with just wisps of gold to try to show her isolation, her mental disentangling from her family. There is no reference to [her late husband, Robert] Baratheon; there is no need anymore. She doesn’t have to try and prove a link,explained Michele. “The center of the crown is the lion sigil abstracted — its mane represents the Iron Throne, her desire. She has made it her own — she is reborn.

GoT costume designer Michele Clapton

How did the costume designer CHOOSE to make something?  So there is not even a hint of connection to the original story anymore?  No one told her what to design?  They said "make a new sigil for Cersei.  Be creative."??

UGH.  She is not "mentally disentangled" from her own family.  She has ranted repeatedly about her connection to her father, Tywin LANNISTER, to keeping the throne for herself, her brother and their child, LANNISTERS.  So, if anything the Lannister insignia should be completely over the top, massive and insanely obvious.  UGH. 

1 minute ago, KingMudd said:

The banners are Lannister because it is now a Lannister throne. House Baratheon is extinct and any children Cersei has will be of house Lannister since she is now the queen.

It was never made totally clear.......... but isn't she on the throne AS the last remaining Baratheon House?  As being Robert's wife, I mean.  I don't want or mean t get all technical but they really slid that one into the story without explanation.  There has to be SOME kind of connection to Robert for her to authentically be on the Throne.  I assumed it was because no one from the Baratheon House was still alive but her.  After all, we the audience knows the difference.... but she became a Baratheon when she married Robert.

This is why I believe Gendry will ultimately inherit the Throne as a Baratheon.  I know, shoot me now, but wait until it comes out right :D.  So many of my wild predictions have come out true after being scorned initially.  Otherwise, why is Gendry still being included in the story?  Sure there could be a few reasons but cmon.... they gave him Robert's War Hammer for christ's sake.  Can't anyone see where that's leading?

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I think the hair cut looks terrible on Lena, but I can get that Cersei is keeping her hair short on purpose to make a point, and it was actually a nice touch them showing that her courtiers have also cut their hair.

But all the black, and everyone else wearing back, Dany in black, it's weak.  And those outfits are also as I have said before extremely unbecoming on everyone.

I agree when she first had that short hair it was powerful.  Now, the wig looks completely wrong and fake and "forced"... like, making us know 100x overkill how messed up she is and the constant black and bad makeup and many other things.  And she's looking skeletal and demonic (on purpose) ugh it's too forced

1 minute ago, Iron Mother said:

I agree when she first had that short hair it was powerful.  Now, the wig looks completely wrong and fake and "forced"... like, making us know 100x overkill how messed up she is and the constant black and bad makeup and many other things.  And she's looking skeletal and demonic (on purpose) ugh it's too forced

LOL, I was wondering during the finale if they have made her make up so monochromatic on purpose...to show the life has drained out of her or something....but it's still a TV show, I'd prefer she have a little color in her cheeks and on her lips because the totally washed out look combined with her now very, very subdued acting style...gets a little dull, for me anyway.

This was the best image I could find quick with the "sigil" on the Queensguard they are all wearing and the same is on Cersei's crown.  I really cannot understand what it is.  The only theme is the entwined thing going on which is also on their helmets in front of their faces.

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/5925d022dd0895db198b48d6/we-also-get-a-glimpse-at-the-mountain-in-his-new-queensguard-armor-the-silver-shoulder-embellishment-matches-her-new-gown-while-the-embossed-breastplate-is-a-replica-of-her-crown.jpg

Honestly when I saw it the first time and even now, it looks kind of Kraken-ish as if it's some melding with Eurine (I spell it that way on purpose, thanks spellchekers) and the Iron Islands.

Can anyone make sense of the imagery of this??

Archived