Arya vs Nightking?

56 minutes ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

Well, that's exactly why I posted it. I'm absolutely not sure about this theory, but it has a nice ring to it.
And let's face it, it's better then Jon killing the NK with his sword (he already killed WW's with it), or Dany having the NK eaten by a dragon.

True.

I also think they need to figure out who he is in order to know how to get rid of him. SerJeremiah is going with Greenhand

(I think Greenhand is Coldhands now, trying to sustain life but no longer able to create it, but have to credit SerJeremiah with coming up with his person in the first place),

I'm not so sure but going with LC 13 seems to be a valid theory. 

He's connected to knowledge somehow, so he may be connected to the Starks, the weirwoods or the 3 eyed raven. In order to get the upper hand on him, somehow the information flow needs to be shut down. Maybe a faceless (wo)man would know how?

1 hour ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

True.

I also think they need to figure out who he is in order to know how to get rid of him. SerJeremiah is going with Greenhand

(I think Greenhand is Coldhands now, trying to sustain life but no longer able to create it, but have to credit SerJeremiah with coming up with his person in the first place),

I'm not so sure but going with LC 13 seems to be a valid theory. 

He's connected to knowledge somehow, so he may be connected to the Starks, the weirwoods or the 3 eyed raven. In order to get the upper hand on him, somehow the information flow needs to be shut down. Maybe a faceless (wo)man would know how?

Greenhand would be an awesome person to be the NK, however AFAIK he has never been mentioned in the series.
And in the series, Coldhands is Benjen, so we can skip this part. As for the books, the two of you could be on to something.

Shutting down the information flow is something that Bran will then have to do, since he is the nexus of all information as the 3ER.

On other persons comments about Arya being a stealthy killer, instead of a battle fighter, I agree with them. However, I think Arya would not join in the major battle, but use her training to circumvent the wights. in every battle we've seen the NK lead from the rear, with 2 or 3 other WW's at his side.
If the human army has a couple of squadrons with Valyrian steel and Dragonglass weapons, they can pose quite a serious threat, especially if 2 dragons are constantly breathing fire over the AOTD and killing en masse.
NK would then have to focus on that group, that poses a threat and are closing in on the NK's position.
In the meantime, Arya, who is now behind the armies, can try and get closer. NK is still focussed Jon and his band of Dragonglass/Valyrian steel killers, giving Arya opportunity to strike at a proper moment.

And yes, this is just a very shaky theory, not supported by anything more than some minor events from the TV show, nothing from the books. Still, I like it :).

Sam killed a White Walker with dragon glass. Therefore I think dragon glass arrows would be a wise move. Arya is a highly skilled bowman-girl. Hmmm 

Doesn't even need to get in dagger distance. 

But how many times have living warriors been in bow-range of the night King? 

It's like he emits an aura causing stupidity in all living creatures opposing him! :huh:

I could see an Eowyn and the Witch King situation.

She's obviously going to kill someone important. They've made more of that Valyrian dagger than it just being Littlefinger's. (why show it in Sam's book?). He is the God of death, and what do we say to the God of Death? 'Not Today'.

There also needs to be a reason I feel for her and Jon's parallel journeys. Through these organisations that wanted to make them weapons that they eventually turned on them by stabbing them to death/near death. They are both brought back to health by 'Red Women', Mel the red priestess and Lady Crane the actress we never see in anything but red. Lots of characters have parallel journeys but Arya and Jon are on the nose.

9 hours ago, Lorathi said:

I'm thinking that Jaqen has some Akuma level skills. But we'll probably never find out. Out of all the great fighters that we get hyped to see in GOT, we don't get to see most of them fight very often. We saw Oberyn once, 2 handed Jaime once, prime Arthur Dayne once, and Ser Barristan once (when he was old). And we see Areo Hotah go out like a low level Bond henchman to the Sand Snakes. So I'm thinking that we won't get to see Jaqen in action.

I really wish we did see some of the great fighters in GoT face off, the one thing the series lacks I think.  Something they did in the show that I loved that was not in the books is when Oberyn fought the Mountain.  Jamie never though he had a chance but was genuinely surprised and awed by the game plan and style of Oberyn.  They made a point to show shots of him during the fight admiring Oberyn's work.

If I could only have one fight in GoT it would be Ser Aurthur Dayne vs. the Smiling Knight

Archived