Jon Snow and Arya Stark - Tragedy Personified?

Stormourne

The sibling bond these two characters share is awe-inspiring - the one thing I want in the novels is for them to reunite and regain that special bond they once had. While reading the books, the different paths they've taken are almost parallel - parallel in the way they've experienced tragedies of their own, and how they've dealt with lose and war. I view them being like two sides of the same coin; where Jon Snow has suffered in a physical sense, Arya Stark has been suffering in a psychological sense - suppression of her identity and emotions, etc. We know that she still retains that small piece of Arya Stark in the form of Needle. So that gives me hope about the future. "Different roads can lead to the same castle."

I think, when Jon Snow is resurrected and Arya Stark returns to Westeros, they will be able to help each other heal. Sansa, Bran, and Rickon would be vital to this, too. A big Stark reunion would be ideal.... so ideal, but I can't help but dread the future. I don't want Arya to die, nor Jon, not before they reclaim what was stolen from their family. I think most people are seemingly thinking that just because Jon Snow will be resurrected, that he must die fighting the White Walkers. But that is such a cliche trope that I would be surprised if that happens. "Resurrected hero dies fighting an enemy he was resurrected to fight." We've seen this trope a hundred times. I think George will change it up, give us something different. Jon could die, but I still want a reunion between him and his beloved little sister before that :( I mean, come on. He died trying to protect her from Ramsay, even though she was a fake.

I think news of Jon Snow's murder will be the straw that breaks the dragon's back, and forces Arya to return to Westeros to get revenge against her enemies.

Do you guys think Jon Snow and Arya Stark are tragedy personified in the novels? Will they get a sweet ending as apposed to bitter? Or will it be bittersweet for both of them.

I think Arya's arc is a tragedy, how war and loss affected a child and her future, but I don't think that about Jon, in some ways he is the hero of the novels. and her ending depends on whether GRRM thinks child soldiers can be redeemed or not. 

My theory is that maybe Arya gets to meet LSH in the books and that's what makes her go home and realize revenge is a dangerous path.

Archived