Bran As Tool Of Extrapolation, Wiki Of Westeros

Bran's character seems to be a way for large amounts or complicated information to be conveyed to the audience or the characters in general.  I feel kind of sad because what Meera said "you died in that cave" is really looking to be true.  He doesn't interact as a human being anymore, and it's like for Season 8 I can only imagine how the Bran we knew this whole time will not be the Bran we will get in any way in the future.  He may just be a portal of information... such as in the finale, 2 people interacted with Bran and both of them were to ask him to go into a vision to see something so that a thing could be explained. 

Is Bran Dead?  How do you feel about this?  :mellow:

I think Meera is right. And what's worse is he seems to be connected to the the Night King somehow.  It can't be because of the touch because the Night King saw him before the touch, somehow or another the Night King can detect Bran through his greenseeing ability.  I don't buy that Bran is the Night King, but I do think that the Night King was potentially a 3 eyed Raven once, or a greenseer, or perhaps it was just the Children's magic spilling over into the Night King but, we have now seen Viscerion's powers convert, which leads me to believe that the Night King had these powers to an extent before he was turned, and him being turned twisted his powers or made them stronger or modified them in some way.  

I have wondered if the Night King is using Bran.  Bran thinks he is spying on the Night King but in actuality he is using Bran to locate everyone else and basically using him as a means of spying.  Bran is the Night King's wierwood, until Bran becomes the Night King himself.  Crackpot, the 3 eyed Raven used Jojen to bring Bran north because he knew this would all happen, and the 3 eyed Raven is actually the Night King in training.  But the Night King passed over Bloodraven because Bran is a better candidate.  Sort of like the Sidius passing Vader for Luke, now Bran is being used to spy on everyone south of the wall until he himself is turned into the Night King.  

It does seem he is dead. Maybe the 3ER is in him ? There does seem to be some connection between him and the NK as stated above.

Maybe he is the real villain of the series now ? Im really into reading up on Bran theories right now, whatever happens next season or in the books will be fascinating. Or maybe he will have evolved more next season after downloading the weirnet. Maybe his behaviour this season his words we need to dissect more ?    

3 minutes ago, princess_snow said:

It does seem he is dead. Maybe the 3ER is in him ? There does seem to be some connection between him and the NK as stated above.

Maybe he is the real villain of the series now ? Im really into reading up on Bran theories right now, whatever happens next season or in the books will be fascinating. Or maybe he will have evolved more next season after downloading the weirnet. Maybe his behaviour this season his words we need to dissect more ?    

I think he was a 3 eyed Raven before he was turned.  And his powers morphed into the darker versions of his powers before, kind of like Viserion's did.  

On 8/31/2017 at 11:19 AM, Iron Mother said:

Bran's character seems to be a way for large amounts or complicated information to be conveyed to the audience or the characters in general.  I feel kind of sad because what Meera said "you died in that cave" is really looking to be true.  He doesn't interact as a human being anymore, and it's like for Season 8 I can only imagine how the Bran we knew this whole time will not be the Bran we will get in any way in the future.  He may just be a portal of information... such as in the finale, 2 people interacted with Bran and both of them were to ask him to go into a vision to see something so that a thing could be explained. 

Naw, I predict Bran will be fine.   He's just going through a stage, adjusting to his new role, assimilating large amounts of information.

In fact, I predict Meera and Bran WILL be together in the end.

I think he's just a bit overwhelmed right now, but that he WILL get a "happily ever after" ending.  (Not as a lord or anything, but as the 3 Eyed Raven, probably living in seclusion, with Meera)

(By the way, even though some people are claiming Meera is completely done in the series, I don't believe it.   Word is that Howland Reed will be making an appearance in Season 8, and it is inconceivable to me that we will see Howland without Meera)

11 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

I think he was a 3 eyed Raven before he was turned.  And his powers morphed into the darker versions of his powers before, kind of like Viserion's did.  

Ah yeah that is a possibility. Do you mean he was always a 3ER then ? Born to take over Bloodravens role ?

9 minutes ago, Cron said:

Naw, I predict Bran will be fine.   He's just going through a stage, adjusting to his new role, assimilating large amounts of information.

I think he's just a bit overwhelmed right now, but that he WILL get a "happily ever after" ending.  (Not as a lord or anything, but as the 3 Eyed Raven, probably living in seclusion, with Meera)

(By the way, even though some people are claiming Meera is completely done in the series, I don't believe it.   Word is that Howland Reed will be making an appearance in Season 8, and it is inconceivable to me that we will see Howland without Meera)

I really hope we do see Howland in the show. He has to play an important role surely. Didnt he spend time with the CoTF ?

On 8/31/2017 at 5:19 PM, Iron Mother said:

I think he might still recover in a twist. I hope Sam helps him in a way, his dialogue  with him (and the attitude towards him!) gave me some hope.

Also, I don't see the point in anything Bran will be doing in the future if he is no longer human...why would people care if he dies sacrificing for humanity or killing wws or anything that he might do in the future?

One thing is true, he has abigger role to play than just being Jon's exposition machine, so I think there could be a twist and he recover a little, (althoguh then he might have a tragic ending.......or I hope not).

showrunners said that there is still Bran inside, that's how they wanted Isaac to play him. We know that this allegedly happened because it happened so quickly (the process of becoming 3eyed) but the other 3eyed was normal. So when he gets control of his powers he might recover.

17 minutes ago, Cron said:

thanks for the positive thoughts!:wub:

@Cron they can live without seclusion.....let's dream the happiest sceneario! i want kids as well.....and he and Sam writing an encyclopedia playing with their kids in a barbecue day.....

LOL. Thanks for the thoughts anyway!

BRAN IS NOT LOST NOR MEERA

12 minutes ago, princess_snow said:

I really hope we do see Howland in the show. He has to play an important role surely. Didnt he spend time with the CoTF ?

Well, the word I heard is that we'll be seeing him in Season 8.

We'll see if that ends up being the case.

Far as spending time with the Children of the Forest is concerned, I think...maybe.   Thinking back to the story that Meera told Bran about the Tournament of Harrenhal, I think she DID mention some fairly odd stuff about Howland (she didn't mention him by name, but he was clearly the little guy that Lyanna Stark stuck up for).  It would be interesting to find the exact language from those passages.

Here is Isaac's own most recent take on it:

We had a chat about how we wanted to play Bran this season, and they suggested Doctor Manhattan from the Watchmen comic. Bran was slightly based on that, existing in all these different times at once, knowing all these various things, being this emotionless rock connecting these different timelines and the history of the universe. We wanted that, but we didn’t want a boring, monotonous character who would just go, “Yeah, I’m the Three-Eyed Raven, blah blah blah.” It becomes a bit unbelievable, and also it becomes a bit dull. Not that the whole thing isn’t completely unbelievable, but you know what I mean.

We also wanted to make sure that there was a bit of Bran left, a glimmer of a person still in there. It’s like he’s the first cyborg. We just connected a supercomputer to a human being’s brain. He’s a mainframe, but there’s a little bit of his personality. More often than not, though, Bran is a vessel for human knowledge.

Maybe the whole trauma of being back in time and being in someone else’s body like that and messing with it so much, maybe that’s what fried Bran’s brain. I hadn’t thought of it like that. I think mostly what’s going on with Bran is focusing on what needs to happen. Not in a callous way, but it doesn’t matter that Hodor is dead or that Meera has left. They served their purpose.

In earlier interviews, he and D&D both said that this is all a consequence of his training being interrupted way too early, and that eventually he probably will learn how to integrate his abilities into his personality.

Now they're adding the fact that he's overwhelmed with the urgency of what's going on, which makes it sound even more likely that he'll recover once things settle down and he gets a chance to meditate for a while.

Personally, I'm kind of disappointed by that. Not that I don't feel bad for Bran and his family, but from a story-telling point of view, I like that in GRRM's world magic has a cost, and the idea that the cost of being a super-wizard is becoming inhuman and losing everything that made him Bran felt right to me; if the cost is just acting "a little autistic" (as Isaac has put it) for a while but gradually getting better, that doesn't seem like nearly the right price.

13 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

thanks for the positive thoughts!:wub:

Well, of course, those things are my honest beliefs.  I don't see Bran ending up as some kind of living computer, totally detached from humanity.  I really don't.  (By the way, what does that emoticon mean?  I'm not familiar with that one.)

@Cron they can live without seclusion.....let's dream the happiest sceneario! i want kids as well.....and he and Sam writing an encyclopedia playing with their kids in a barbecue day.....

Okay, that's cool, too, seriously   I'm just not sure where they would live.  Winterfell?  Maybe, I guess.  I think Arya and Gendry will be together down in Storm's End, Sansa will die (unfortunately), Jon and Dany will be in King's Landing (I guess, and not that I'm ecstatic about it or anything), so...maybe Bran will get Winterfell, I guess.

(Don't get me wrong, I don't WANT Sansa to die, far from it, but her exclusion from the "Safe Five" list makes me think she IS going to die, and that's part of what GRRM meant by a "bittersweet" ending)

LOL. Thanks for the thoughts anyway!

BRAN IS NOT LOST NOR MEERA

Yeah, Bran and Meera are not lost.

(Neither is Tyene, for that matter.  She's fine, and will end up with Bron in Dorne.  I think it is true love, and is meant to be.  Even if, by some cruel twist of fate, Tyene IS "dead," it's just a minor setback.  I'm confident she'll get better, even if it means Bron is gonna have to get comfortable with UnTyene)

Seems odd to think he's the Villian. Also...how can he be two different people? In 2 different places...on different sides of the war? I think this theory of Bran = NK makes no sense. He's the 3ER. Whatever that means. He's also still "in training".  So whatever he's to become...remains to be seen. 

Seems more like a valuable asset against the NK as opposed to actually being the NK. He seems to be a bigger part of the future of rule in Westeros as well. I don't think there will be many survivors after this war. They will need his knowledge to rebuild the Wall. He has connection to CotF too. I can't see him being evil at all.

5 minutes ago, HarryN'TheStargaryens said:

Seems odd to think he's the Villian. Also...how can he be two different people? In 2 different places...on different sides of the war? I think this theory of Bran = NK makes no sense.

Time travel. Nobody has any trouble understanding how Amy and Rory can wave to their past selves in Doctor Who, or how The Flash can fight against his own future self, so I don't understand why so many GoT fans seem to be unable to understand this.

Of course there doesn't seem to actually be any time travel on the show in that sense—Bran can see the past, he can affect the past, but we've seen no hints that he can actually leave the present and travel to a different time like the Doctor or the Flash.

But there are bigger problems with the theory.

(By the way, the same interview I linked above has Isaac explaining why he thinks the theory is silly, and there's another recent interview where he rejects it even more completely—but then he hasn't seen the S8 scripts yet, so he doesn't actually know any more than we do.)

11 minutes ago, HarryN'TheStargaryens said:

Seems odd to think he's the Villian. Also...how can he be two different people? In 2 different places...on different sides of the war? I think this theory of Bran = NK makes no sense. He's the 3ER. Whatever that means. He's also still "in training".  So whatever he's to become...remains to be seen. 

Seems more like a valuable asset against the NK as opposed to actually being the NK. He seems to be a bigger part of the future of rule in Westeros as well. I don't think there will be many survivors after this war. They will need his knowledge to rebuild the Wall. He has connection to CotF too. I can't see him being evil at all.

I don't think he is the same person.  I think he was once the 3 eyed Raven, and then maybe there was another and then another and then Bloodraven or however many before Bloodraven there was.  The reason I feel this way is because his powers go beyond greensight.  And his turning into the Night King turned his 3ER powers into dark bastardized versions of those powers.  My biggest fear is that Bran's fate is to become the next Night King, and that Bloodraven basically set him up for that.  

9 hours ago, Cron said:

Well, of course, those things are my honest beliefs.  I don't see Bran ending up as some kind of living computer, totally detached from humanity.  I really don't.  (By the way, what does that emoticon mean?  I'm not familiar with that one.)

The "love" emoticon. Basically, that I loved what you've said! We are seeing crazy theories about Bran these days unfortunatly.

14 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

The "love" emoticon. Basically, that I loved what you've said! We are seeing crazy theories about Bran these days unfortunatly.

Ohhhh.  I guess the red face is blushing, then, is that it?

I thought the red face meant it was angry!! HARR!!!

But then I saw the little hearts, and was REALLY confused.  I was like "Angry hearts? What?"

54 minutes ago, Cron said:

Ohhhh.  I guess the red face is blushing, then, is that it?

I thought the red face meant it was angry!! HARR!!!

But then I saw the little hearts, and was REALLY confused.  I was like "Angry hearts? What?"

No, it means the face is in love! blushing with hearts!

So "I'm in love" with what you said about Bran

Archived