Bran As Tool Of Extrapolation, Wiki Of Westeros

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

No! I'm in #TeamBran just like you!:commie:

Yeah, I've believed for a long time that Bran is the key to everything, without which all hope would be lost.

By the way, what does that emoticon mean?  I don't want to guess, for fear of seeming silly again!

13 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I think he might still recover in a twist. I hope Sam helps him in a way, his dialogue  with him (and the attitude towards him!) gave me some hope.

Also, I don't see the point in anything Bran will be doing in the future if he is no longer human...why would people care if he dies sacrificing for humanity or killing wws or anything that he might do in the future?

One thing is true, he has abigger role to play than just being Jon's exposition machine, so I think there could be a twist and he recover a little, (althoguh then he might have a tragic ending.......or I hope not).

showrunners said that there is still Bran inside, that's how they wanted Isaac to play him. We know that this allegedly happened because it happened so quickly (the process of becoming 3eyed) but the other 3eyed was normal. So when he gets control of his powers he might recover.

I'm with you here.

By way of comparison, especially in the books, we have seen both Tyrion and Arya descend into almost darkness only to bounce back in the end (what I call a three phase arc:  1. feisty but likeable and very humane; 2. twisted and intent on revenge; 3. not as good natured perhaps as they started on but hey certainly acceptable...

What Bran seems to be undergoing here reminds me a lot of a character in another series (The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher) and the character is a 10 year old girl or so who hasn't even got a name and is referred to as "The Archive."  She has absolute knowledge of anything that has ever gone before (much more so than Bran who gets flashes but needs to tap in and it is not even guaranteed he can see all just yet).  She is creepy as Hell lol

I think Bran is not that far de-humanised, although I could be bias in wanted him "humanised" lol  I have to admit the scene with Meera broke my heart but not sure this is all done and dusted...

The point of Bran would be to solve the war conflict; to find out what the WWs are all about and want etc.  He is a mega computer; the computer!!! so there is a point to him even in this state, no matter how much we, his fans, hate it!

Still I think he will have his arc and will bounce from it too :)

8 minutes ago, Morgana Lannister said:

I'm with you here.

By way of comparison, especially in the books, we have seen both Tyrion and Arya descend into almost darkness only to bounce back in the end (what I call a three phase arc:  1. feisty but likeable and very humane; 2. twisted and intent on revenge; 3. not as good natured perhaps as they started on but hey certainly acceptable...

What Bran seems to be undergoing here reminds me a lot of a character in another series (The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher) and the character is a 10 year old girl or so who hasn't even got a name and is referred to as "The Archive."  She has absolute knowledge of anything that has ever gone before (much more so than Bran who gets flashes but needs to tap in and it is not even guaranteed he can see all just yet).  She is creepy as Hell lol

I think Bran is not that far de-humanised, although I could be bias in wanted him "humanised" lol  I have to admit the scene with Meera broke my heart but not sure this is all done and dusted...

The point of Bran would be to solve the war conflict; to find out what the WWs are all about and want etc.  He is a mega computer; the computer!!! so there is a point to him even in this state, no matter how much we, his fans, hate it!

Still I think he will have his arc and will bounce from it too :)

Yes, also, he is one of the main characters from the general outline, that even it might have changed a lot (the plot) there's no way he is not gonna have a bigger role or endgame -even an unexpected one (I think s8 will have lots of twists)- and we know that he was the first POV character in the books!

On 9/2/2017 at 11:41 AM, Cron said:

Yeah, I've believed for a long time that Bran is the key to everything, without which all hope would be lost.

By the way, what does that emoticon mean?  I don't want to guess, for fear of seeming silly again!

It will all end with Bran going into the north and becoming the New night king.... The circle will begin again.

21 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

It will all end with Bran going into the north and becoming the New night king.... The circle will begin again.

I've heard of this theory, but I've not heard the details.

Maybe I should check out a thread on it.

Are you saying you truly believe the theory? (I neither believe nor disbelieve it, cuz I haven't really heard arguments for and against)

On 9/3/2017 at 4:58 AM, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, also, he is one of the main characters from the general outline, that even it might have changed a lot (the plot) there's no way he is not gonna have a bigger role or endgame -even an unexpected one (I think s8 will have lots of twists)- and we know that he was the first POV character in the books!

I do agree he will play an important role. FWIW I do not want him to be a villain, Id love Bran to get a happy ending, Im just not confident about any of our mains right now. :dunno:

6 minutes ago, princess_snow said:

I do agree he will play an important role. FWIW I do not want him to be a villain, Id love Bran to get a happy ending, Im just not confident about any of our mains right now. :dunno:

I don't see signals of him becoming a villain....on the contrary, he is trying to defeat the villain. It might me more plausible that the NK was not a villain on the first place, if anything. But there's no pint in him becoming one if he wants to defeat him; same of him becoming the NK, since they could not be living at the same time and space and have their minds active, both of them I mean. I don0t think time travel is possible in Westeros, just travelling as a vision entity.

Yeah, I don't know about our mains, but I think the majority will survive.

1 hour ago, Cron said:

I've heard of this theory, but I've not heard the details.

Maybe I should check out a thread on it.

Are you saying you truly believe the theory? (I neither believe nor disbelieve it, cuz I haven't really heard arguments for and against)

there is already a thread about it; I don't think it's plausible since time travelling is not possible.

On 9/2/2017 at 8:41 PM, Cron said:

hahaha, I dunno it means "party" or "yeahh" I suppose, although the guy is like a comnunist for some reason......

agreewith the bolded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW the official fake spoilers of s8 say that Bran will actually become the NK but i don0t believe that theory at all, and well, it's clear the spoilers were fabricated from that one.

If it ends up happening I will bite my tongue

17 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't see signals of him becoming a villain....on the contrary, he is trying to defeat the villain. It might me more plausible that the NK was not a villain on the first place, if anything. But there's no pint in him becoming one if he wants to defeat him; same of him becoming the NK, since they could not be living at the same time and space and have their minds active, both of them I mean. I don0t think time travel is possible in Westeros, just travelling as a vision entity.

I really hope we get more info next season on the NK motive etc, I hope they dont rush through it and just make them terminators or something.

Yeah I hope this too re him being a vision entity, time travel can cause huge issues, it does my head in sometimes.

34 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

there is already a thread about it; I don't think it's plausible since time travelling is not possible.

No, I meant, the cycle will start again.  Such as, the WW defeated, possibly the Wall is repaired, and Bran is the new Night King for the NEXT WW invasion that happens thousands of years after what we are seeing now.

No time travel...

Because we have heard the Long Night happened before, possibly many times(?) and then it goes into lore... people stop believing it then it returns again.  We do not know yet why the WW are coming anyway... perhaps that will be revealed and shed light on the "cycle" I'm talking about and why they keep coming South after so long a period of time.

I believe Martin would create a story that has these epic cycles with the same archetypes appearing again and again.  Next time there will be someone else to assume the 3-eyes raven role, a different Night King, a different Westeros struggle (we can't know the "why" yet since no one knows the motivation of the Night King.  It may be more than what we expect.  The SHOW will probably just play it as a wrapped-up end with little explanation and the NK is just a big baddie coming to bring havoc.  I think there is more to that.

19 minutes ago, princess_snow said:

I really hope we get more info next season on the NK motive etc, I hope they dont rush through it and just make them terminators or something.

Yeah I hope this too re him being a vision entity, time travel can cause huge issues, it does my head in sometimes.

I think we will get only a little bit of this... not too much but a hint of the fact the WW have some purpose other than goons coming to destroy everything.  But just a hint.  Martin's books will detail more but not the show.  They have to make time for Bronn and  Clegane-Bowl and love stories.  :D

29 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

BTW the official fake spoilers of s8 say that Bran will actually become the NK but i don0t believe that theory at all, and well, it's clear the spoilers were fabricated from that one.

If it ends up happening I will bite my tongue

I'm not advocating spoilers, leaks or plundered scripts.... but a lot of people are saying things like that are "fake" I don't get why.  My idea about Bran being the next NK does not come from those sources, however, filming of S8 is happening in October which means there ARE scripts that exist.  You don't go to shoot things without a script :D

43 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

If I had to guess, Bran's "relationship" with the Night King is not an accident.  They are experiencing a convergence.  That's clear.  That's how I come to the conclusion Bran will be the next Night King for a future event like the one we are seeing now (thousands of years down the road when no one believes in the myth of the WW anymore).

I believe Bran will be killed warging into Viserion trying to stop it... and will be raised somehow as a WW and be the new NK.  That's what I gather from pure speculation and watching the show.  Not from any leaked source.  If others are saying that and claiming it from a leaked script, either it may be real or they are coming to the same conclusion I am.

12 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

I think we will get only a little bit of this... not too much but a hint of the fact the WW have some purpose other than goons coming to destroy everything.  But just a hint.  Martin's books will detail more but not the show.  They have to make time for Bronn and  Clegane-Bowl and love stories.  :D

Yeah I agree. IF we get the books lol. Im not overly keen for Cleganebowl tbh. I mean I really want to see the Mountain get taken out dont get me wrong but not necessarily by his bro. 

26 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

No, I meant, the cycle will start again.  Such as, the WW defeated, possibly the Wall is repaired, and Bran is the new Night King for the NEXT WW invasion that happens thousands of years after what we are seeing now.

No time travel...

Because we have heard the Long Night happened before, possibly many times(?) and then it goes into lore... people stop believing it then it returns again.  We do not know yet why the WW are coming anyway... perhaps that will be revealed and shed light on the "cycle" I'm talking about and why they keep coming South after so long a period of time.

I believe Martin would create a story that has these epic cycles with the same archetypes appearing again and again.  Next time there will be someone else to assume the 3-eyes raven role, a different Night King, a different Westeros struggle (we can't know the "why" yet since no one knows the motivation of the Night King.  It may be more than what we expect.  The SHOW will probably just play it as a wrapped-up end with little explanation and the NK is just a big baddie coming to bring havoc.  I think there is more to that.

Oh, I understand the point now.

Well, makes more sense, but it would be a tragedy IMO!

Archived