How to stop the Night King

1)The night king has the largest army in Westroes, with atleast 100k wights, giants, many others and animals, all of which will grow rapidly. He can raise fallen soldies and animals. So in order to defeat his army you would need a ridiculos death to kill ratio

2) Where ever the Night king goes, it becomes the land of always winter. So anyone North of whereever the nightking is except the most prepared people will freeze or starve to death. 

3) Dragons can't even get clos to the nights king since he can kill them with ease

4) So Westroes only chance seems to be to kill the Nights king himself. 

So Without ridiculos plot armor can Westroes defeat the Night's king ? 

Actually, Dany's army is clearly bigger. He has around 100K wights. She has 100K Dothraki, plus the Unsullied, and whatever forces Jon or anyone else can bring.

But also, even if medieval battles were a pure numbers game, which they aren't, I'm pretty sure you couldn't count wights vs. humans as 1:1. On the one hand, wights are resistant to normal weapons; on the other hand, they don't fight very well when left to their own devices, and they're more susceptible to fire than living people. I think on balance, it's pretty clear that 100K wights is nowhere near as good a force as 100K living soldiers, at least if those humans have the basic knowledge of how to fight wights and the time to prepare with fire and obsidian and so on.

The reason the NK is undefeatable is that each battle reduces the enemy's forces but increases his, unless he loses so disastrously that most of his Walkers die or something.

And that's the first part of the answer: Draw him into a massive battle where the stakes are so high that he can't just leave and come back with more wights if things don't look so good. Then you may be able to get a chance to have a dragon dogfight, ground him, and then have someone fight him one-on-one with a Valyrian steel sword. Or maybe you can keep him distracted enough that Bran can engage him in some kind of mental duel even though he doesn't seem to be as powerful on a level playing field. Or… really, most of the best plans go through a climactic battle like this. (Which is a good thing for D&D, because spending most of their CGI budget on a climactic Battle for the Dawn 2.0 seems a good idea from a production standpoint.)

Of course there are other possibilities. Maybe you can sneak up on him. Maybe he's actually a reasonable being with aims that aren't completely antithetical to humanity so you can negotiate with him. Maybe you can sacrifice Jon and his double kingsblood in a bonfire and freeze the whole wight army so now it's an easy fight against just the Walkers. Maybe…

3 hours ago, Armand Gargalen said:

It will be a glorious fate to serve as part of his undead army.

I don't think "serve" is the right word there. He is a public servant, not some oppressive tyrant who demands our service. The undead army is more like the Durruti Column, thousands of people joining together of their own free will for their own mutual benefit. They don't yet have any centuries made up of foreign volunteers, but once the recruiters make it past the Neck, millions will join up.

9 minutes ago, Armand Gargalen said:

I meant voluntarily serving the greater good.I agree  The Night King is just the first citizen in the popular uprising against the Targaryen tyranny.

I agree.

But that's not surprising. The Night King is harmony. The Night King is agreement. It is inconceivable that two of his followers could disagree.

First Dany has to fix her mess and kill Viserion to unseat the Night King. I don't think she can kill the Night King and is more likely to be killed in the act.

Jon has to then lead a distraction force to occupy the wights. They've made wights easier to kill in the show presumably for this reason. In the books one wight can't die by one slash of dragonglass, they need to be hacked and burned. This will only work once, as the next night all your soldiers are the enemy should you need to retreat.

Arya has to infiltrate the rear of the force with a group of soldiers to kill the Night King, thus mostly ending the battle.

Actually, 2 words can defeat the Nightsking: Dragonglass Arrow

Distract the NK and his henchmen with a squad of awesome soldiers (Hound, Brienne, Tormund, Bronn, etc) equipped with Valyrian steel and Dragonglass weapons. Try and get them as close as possible to the NK, so he needs to have his army defend his position from the advancing squad.

Have a squad of archers circumvent the AOTD and sneek up behind de NK's position and fire massive amounts of dragonglass arrows at his position. He and his crew are bound to be hit by at least 1 arrow.

Done, end of the Great War!
Time to start bickering about a throne, crown, land, sex and children.

57 minutes ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

Distract the NK and his henchmen with a squad of awesome soldiers (Hound, Brienne, Tormund, Bronn, etc) equipped with Valyrian steel and Dragonglass weapons. Try and get them as close as possible to the NK, so he needs to have his army defend his position from the advancing squad.

Have a squad of archers circumvent the AOTD and sneek up behind de NK's position and fire massive amounts of dragonglass arrows at his position. He and his crew are bound to be hit by at least 1 arrow.

Done, end of the Great War!
Time to start bickering about a throne, crown, land, sex and children.

It is sad to see people plotting to kill our beloved Night King. Why don´t you stick those arrows into the dictatorial Daenerys Targaryen, The Mad Queen and Burner of Dickons?

1 hour ago, Armand Gargalen said:

It is sad to see people plotting to kill our beloved Night King. Why don´t you stick those arrows into the dictatorial Daenerys Targaryen, The Mad Queen and Burner of Dickons?

lol It's great fun to be devil's advocate, trouble is we do know very little about him or his motives other that he was made by the Children of the Forest to counteract well deforestation by humans, if I understand it right.  Now, if you can enlight us as to what he really wants (or put theories forward) I would love to hear ;)  I can understand that you don't like certain rulers or contenders but do you guys think the final aim is to extinguish the human race or something different?

It is one thing to despise a monarch or style or rule or all the available candidates and another to kill the entirety of the human race lol

18 minutes ago, Camara said:

I actually think the NK can't be killed with dragon glass, he has a piece of dragon glass stuck at his heart actually.

Maybe.

If that's the case, he should also be immune to Valyrian steel given that Valyrian steel weapons share a common property to dragonglass that regular White Walkers are extremely vulnerable to.

This may be what makes Lightbringer so special, assuming it's a real weapon and not a metaphor.

2 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

lol It's great fun to be devil's advocate, trouble is we do know very little about him or his motives other that he was made by the Children of the Forest to counteract well deforestation by humans, if I understand it right.  Now, if you can enlight us as to what he really wants (or put theories forward) I would love to hear ;)  I can understand that you don't like certain rulers or contenders but do you guys think the final aim is to extinguish the human race or something different?

It is one thing to despise a monarch or style or rule or all the available candidates and another to kill the entirety of the human race lol

He does not want to kill all human race, he wants to set it free from all kinds of oppression, form tyrannical monarchs to the inevitability of death.

Now really, it is just a joke we started in another thread last week, Siding with the Night King. Be carefully, if you read it you will undoubtedly end up siding with Him. You have been warned :) 

20 minutes ago, Armand Gargalen said:

He does not want to kill all human race, he wants to set it free from all kinds of oppression, form tyrannical monarchs to the inevitability of death.

Now really, it is just a joke we started in another thread last week, Siding with the Night King. Be carefully, if you read it you will undoubtedly end up siding with Him. You have been warned :) 

I must say the Night King's army does seem to enjoy perfect harmony with itself. They don't have a care in the world. The Hound struck the lower jaw off of one of the with a rock and it just got back into place. 

Perhaps it would be kinder, gentler even to allow Westeros to serve the Night King?

5 hours ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

Seeing as our heroes took nary a bow on their "capture the wight mission", I suspect D&D have retroactively wiped bows from existence :rolleyes:. However I know there are still those anti dragon scorpions... Dragonglass tipped scorpion bolt! Oh yeah..

32 minutes ago, Armand Gargalen said:

Possibly, like Tyrion, I always try to give a "carrot" rather than a stick lol  If you could flesh out your theories I would be forever grateful lol My latest obsession is with the nature of WWs, ther crypts at Winterfell and a possible magical barrier that drives your lot South ;)

But there is a hell more to it than that and we cannot know without further info.  I think the crypts and the super hot volcano line baths hold a clue...

There was a truce before and I believe there will be one this time, more permanent I hope... (WW -V- Living)

2 minutes ago, Morgana Lannister said:

Possibly, like Tyrion, I always try to give a "carrot" rather than a stick lol  If you could flesh out your theories I would be forever grateful lol My latest obsession is with the nature of WWs, ther crypts at Winterfell and a possible magical barrier that drives your lot South ;)

But there is a hell more to it than that and we cannot know without further info.  I think the crypts and the super hot volcano line baths hold a clue...

There was a truce before and I believe there will be one this time, more permanent I hope... (WW -V- Living)

Love it but how does he propose to go about it??? and what makes you think this is it?  Not so much questioning your prediction as trying to make sense of it in context....

By the way, obvious of course, but disagreement to me does never mean personal antagonism. :)

Archived