So, the NK has a dragon. The NK can raise the dead. Westeros doesn't burn their dead. What is stopping him from just flying on his dragon all over Westeros and raising the dead?

He is coming, with an army.  I guess he first had to destroy the wall, which held the spell against raising the dead.

We know a few more thing. 

White walkers cannot reproduce.  They need human babies, and they prefered Craster's children.  I gues they are all brothers, except for the NK.  It does not appear they converted wildlings.

They raise the dead for standing armies.  Otherwise, they do not raise the dead.

They live in ice, that's why they only go south in the winter.  The weather dictates their territory.

14 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

Since they preferred Craster's children little Sam is surely not safe. Could they come after him? 

They already did come after little Sam when Tarley killed that white walker. 

(That baby is another inconsistent thing in the show.  That baby should be walking by now.  Bolton's wife got pregnant and gave birth while Sansa was with Ramsey.  That baby is significantly older.)

7 minutes ago, Hoo said:

They already did come after little Sam when Tarley killed that white walker. 

(That baby is another inconsistent thing in the show.  That baby should be walking by now.  Bolton's wife got pregnant and gave birth while Sansa was with Ramsey.  That baby is significantly older.)

Yes, they did when he was still "up there". Years have passed. Do they only turn new-born babies?

11 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

Yes, they did when he was still "up there". Years have passed. Do they only turn new-born babies?

I think so.  Only male babies, and only Crasters in the show as far as I know.

Sam and Gilly basically have one of theirs, an important one, it's not just any baby but their brother. (Family issues again.)

On 1.9.2017 at 0:03 AM, ilikethesebooks said:

Fly to Valaryia and raise a dragon army?

He couldn't reanimate the dragon as long as it was under water. His slave army had to pull it out first. Most parts of old valyria are covered with water. Same thing with human beings. If they are properly burried you would need to "un-earth" them first. Wights would not be strong enough to pull away all the earth if they were properly burried which would be like 2 meters deep.

On 8/31/2017 at 3:03 PM, ilikethesebooks said:

Fly to Valaryia and raise a dragon army? WHAT IS STOPPING HIM BESIDES IT MAKES FOR AN AWFUL STORY?

Honestly it seems like to me he doesn't even consider anyone or anything he has seen as a threat. I think he thinks "the idea that humans could stand against him alone is so ridiculous it doesn't even merit discussion. "

Lets look at his action. 

1) See's Jon Lets him leave at hardhome without killing him. 

2) Knows fellowship is coming, traps fellowship on rock. Decides not to kill them. Sees close dragon kills far away dragon with ease, probaly intentionally misses bigger dragon

3) Lets Jon escape even though he is completly surrounded again. 

On 03/09/2017 at 0:32 PM, Hoo said:

I think so.  Only male babies, and only Crasters in the show as far as I know.

Sam and Gilly basically have one of theirs, an important one, it's not just any baby but their brother. (Family issues again.)

Do we believe they have a sense of family. From what I gather the Children made automatons with a prime directive that went wrong. 

On 9/2/2017 at 11:23 PM, falcotron said:

Proof that the Night King is related to Doran. He mixes Stark blood with Martell blood. His truly is the song of ice and fire, and also water. And probably earth, too, and wood and spirit and Leeloo and the other various fifth elements from different cultures.

He is the Song of Awesomeness

On 9/3/2017 at 1:40 AM, Megorova said:

First wights on this side of the Wall, were those who died on that side, and whose bodies were brought to Castle Black. So maybe the rule of resurection is that on this side of the Wall, bodies should be freshly killed to be recruited into Undead Army. That may be the reason why Jon isn't worried about old corpses.

Maybe Skagosi unicorns can fly if the showrunners need them for some scene.

On 9/3/2017 at 1:44 AM, Megorova said:

:huh: Or it may make him stronger. Considering that piece of dragonglass in his heart made him immortal and all-magically-powerful.

He's also immune to fire and dragonfire. So potentially the only thing that could kill him is Valyrian steel. Or maybe even that won't be enough. Maybe even Valyrian steel can't harm him. Probably there is a reason that to defeat NK, people need Prince that was promissed. If all that is needed to defeat NK is just a random sword made from VS, and random warrior to wield that sword, then there wouldn't be a prophecy about Azor Ahai. Maybe Jon has some sort of special power, given to him by Lord of Light, maybe he's the only one who can defeat NK.

That is such a cliched and re used fantasy trope that will likely be the ending of the show. And people will cheer...

6 hours ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

Do we believe they have a sense of family. From what I gather the Children made automatons with a prime directive that went wrong. 

They don't talk.  But they pack, and they cared about Craster's babies, one theme is family, blood revenge for family loss.

White walkers have their kingdom, the way they got babies from Craster, their wildlings, their king.  Mance usurped that, the Night's Watch usurped that, Sam and Gilly usurped that. Not good.

And now the NK has killed Dany's child.  Not good.

This is all thanks to Jon Snow, who knows nothing.  Dany came to claim Westeros but not the Land of Always Winter.  And now she is caught up in that crap, thanks to our "heros," Jon Snow and his bff Sam Tarley.  Not to mention the blabbering idiot Tyrion.

Lady Olenna delivered the best advice: do not listen to "clever" men.  She is surrounded by morons.

That's where Cersei has the upper hand.  She got rid of all the morons.

Archived