Westeros Football Keeper League

grozeng

Will the draft order be random or by our end of the year standing (last place picks first, etc)?

Keepers (Cost in parentheses):

1. Antonio Brown (1)

10. Stefon Diggs (7)

17. Sterling Shephard (14)

Contemplating:

5. Keenan Allen (3)

15. Cooper Kupp (12)

19. Tarik Cohen (16)

I'll update this post soon. If you want to trade for a player's rights let me know and we can figure something out.

18 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I believe strongly draft order should be random and not known until the draft starts.  It prevents monkeying around with keepers and rounds in advance.

I think knowing it in advance is a must. If we are trading draft picks, I would like to know where the pick I'm trading for will be. 

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

I believe strongly draft order should be random and not known until the draft starts.  It prevents monkeying around with keepers and rounds in advance.

My other keeper league does the draft in reverse order of their standings to help teams that did poorly get better so that the league has more parity. It also goes with JJs point that trading picks should be for a known thing rather than an unknown.

I'm not sure what you mean by monkeying around with keepers and rounds in advance?

On 8/23/2018 at 9:45 PM, grozeng said:

Figured it out was how to get the old teams.

my memory is the same though that draft spots stayed.  

Maybe I will check with @Whiskeyjack to see since we are basically using his rules.

Yeah - draft slot attaches to the player and stays even after being dropped.

On 8/24/2018 at 1:54 PM, Bronn Stone said:

We always set it before the draft so you could trade spots in this league.  Otherwise how do you know what draft spot to trade. I have traded spots within the round to move up in the past.  But it is random.  Once we have all the teams set, I will ask someone to pick a number for the order of the teams and someone else to pick a number based on a set of random numbers to pick the draft order.  I will let one other person in on it in advance so you all know I am not f-ing around with the order. 

I'm gonna throw my hat in for drafting Wed 8/29, maybe 9:30/10pm eastern? What does everyone else think?

Set draft times:

Westeros A - August 27th

Westeros B - August 3oth

Westeros C - August 28th

Experts - September 3rd

Survivor and Thunderdome dates have not been set yet. 

Anyone know if the two above have dates yet??

Alex Collins (Round 6 Keeper) -- FA Pickup
Engram (Round 12 Keeper)**

Everyone else goes back to the scrap heap.

I may be sending out a few offers ...

OK 9/5 at 9:30 pm eastern unless we hear otherwise.  I need keepers no later than Monday of Labor day since I will be away for the weekend.

We'll set the draft order early this week for trades.  

I am not sure if this is an official rule.  If not, I would like to make it one.  You have to trade an even number of draft picks.  Basically, everyone needs to draft a full team.  You can't trade 2 picks for 1.

On 8/25/2018 at 7:54 PM, grozeng said:

We always set it before the draft so you could trade spots in this league.  Otherwise how do you know what draft spot to trade. I have traded spots within the round to move up in the past.  But it is random.  Once we have all the teams set, I will ask someone to pick a number for the order of the teams and someone else to pick a number based on a set of random numbers to pick the draft order.  I will let one other person in on it in advance so you all know I am not f-ing around with the order. 

And I always hated that with the burning passion of a thousand suns.

But if we're doing it, we have to also keep the rule that you can only keep players using your own picks, not those acquired from another player.

42 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

And I always hated that with the burning passion of a thousand suns.

But if we're doing it, we have to also keep the rule that you can only keep players using your own picks, not those acquired from another player.

Was that a rule?  I thought you could keep them as a keeper in the round they would have been a keeper.  

Wait, I think I am misreading this.  You mean if I trade for a 2nd, I can't keep 2 2nd rounders.  I can only keep one in my original draft spot?  I think the rule was you can not keep 2 people in the same round.  But say i exchange 5th rounders with someone so they move up and I move down, I thought you could still keep someone in the 5th round.  You just couldn't keep 2 people.  I am fine either way though assuming you mean traded players can be kept but keepers need to be kept in your original draft spot.  So if you are keeping a 3rd rounder, you can't trade your 3rd round pick.  Even if you have another from a different trade.

Archived