Westeros Football Keeper League

grozeng

26 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I haven't drafted a kicker or defense in this league either last year or this one.  Not with an IR slot or two.  I'd rather take a chance on an injured position player and then get the scraps at K or DT in waivers.

It's only a ten-team league, so the scraps at kicker are still fine, and statistically you're about as likely to get a top kicker with the first kicker picked than with the tenth.  It's about a coin flip either way.  There's a ton of turnover year to year, as evidenced last year when the number one kicker was absolute dog shit the previous year and looked to be halfway out of the league.

Same with defense.  Tons of fluctuation year to year.  Jacksonville was ridiculous last year, but I wouldn't be remotely surprised if they were middle of the pack this year.  

I managed to grab a win without grabbing a fourth starting WR. I only own 5 but two of them are Edelman and Will Fuller.  But the lead was big enough that I didn't have to mess with my keepers to replace Fuller.

Even then I should probably be moving my insane depth at RB for something at WR.

My options are (Including Keeper Round)
Melvin Gordon (1st)
Dalvin Cook (2nd)
Alvin Kamara (7th)
Rashaad Penny (8th)
Rex Burkhead (10th)
Jerick McKinnon (11th)
James Conner (12th)

All offers welcome.  Of course, I think Kamara may be the most valuable player in the league considering his keeper round.

Big Trade between Castle Black and Harlaw

I give up
Melvin Gordon III (First rounder)
Julian Edelman (16th Round Pick)
Blake Bortles (15th Round Pick)

I get
LeVeon Bell (First Rounder)
Marvin Jones Jr (13th Round)
Steven Gostkowski (15th Round)

For me, this is as much about the future as this season.  Bell is one of the few First Round keepers out there, IMO.  And I have Conner so I can easily afford to wait him out.

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

Big Trade between Castle Black and Harlaw

I give up
Melvin Gordon III (First rounder)
Julian Edelman (16th Round Pick)
Blake Bortles (15th Round Pick)

I get
LeVeon Bell (First Rounder)
Marvin Jones Jr (13th Round)
Steven Gostkowski (15th Round)

For me, this is as much about the future as this season.  Bell is one of the few First Round keepers out there, IMO.  And I have Conner so I can easily afford to wait him out.

For me it was a question of whether I was willing to punt the season to wait on Bell. Hell no. I'm way to competitive for that.  Gordon is a great get for giving up someone that might now play until week 10. Edelman is a good keeper for next year at his current round and will make my WR room better when he comes off suspension. With the emergence of Galloday, I'm not as high on Jones as other people are so not a big loss there. Had to have Bortles in the deal since I didn't draft a back up QB. 

37 minutes ago, JJ Lannister said:

For me it was a question of whether I was willing to punt the season to wait on Bell. Hell no. I'm way to competitive for that.  Gordon is a great get for giving up someone that might now play until week 10. Edelman is a good keeper for next year at his current round and will make my WR room better when he comes off suspension. With the emergence of Galloday, I'm not as high on Jones as other people are so not a big loss there. Had to have Bortles in the deal since I didn't draft a back up QB. 

I'm with you on Jones/Galloday but I also needed the roster slot pretty badly.  I was able to drop Wil Lutz and pick up Ted Ginn because of this trade.  But changing Trubisky to Bortles was worth me accepting Jones instead of someone like Hogan.  And Jones is a decent keeper if it turns out that Golden Tate is the primary casualty of the ascendance of Galloday.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking to trade Marqise Lee.  I drafted him with a 20th round pick and of course he is out for the season.  But he's a pretty good keeper and I won't want a whole lot for him.  Since he is eligible for an IR slot, he's basically a free roster spot if you don't already have two guys who are on IR.

Of course, this deal will have to wait until I can put Jimmy G into an IR slot. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Trade between Boiled Leather a I:

I get: Corey Davis

BL gets: T.J. Yeldon

He gets Fournette's handcuff and I get a WR with a low floor high ceiling. A large upgrade compared to some of  low ceiling low floor WR's I've been rolling out every week. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will Fuller V is a great keeper - 17th round pick this year (I got him in the 20th last year).  I just have too many non-productive prospect types and would love to listen to offers, fine with players who are or are not keeper candidates.

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

I was kinda looking for a player.  Though if I were Houston, Dez is a name that might be on my list with Fuller out.

I was hoping the Jets would just pay him for a year and give Darnold a big target.  But I don't think Dez would want to be beat up across the middle of the field as he is trying to prove he is worth another payday.

• 1 month later...

Archived