Westeros Football Keeper League

grozeng

It's the first post of the thread.  Which is why I did not start a new thread for the league.

Round 1-2 - 1st round keeper
Round 3-4 - 2nd round keeper
Round 5 - 3rd round keeper
Round 6 - 4th round keeper
Round 7 - 5th round keeper
Round 8 - 6th round keeper
Round 9 - 7th round keeper
Round 10 and beyond  - subtract 3 rounds for the round it would be a keeper (10 is 7th, 11 is 8th), etc.

FAs can be kept as a 6th round keeper.  If you have 2 for the same round you can keep both, but one becomes the higher round keeper.  SO if you want to keep your 8th and a FA then one is going to be a 5th round keeper.

43 minutes ago, grozeng said:

Was that a rule?  I thought you could keep them as a keeper in the round they would have been a keeper.  

Wait, I think I am misreading this.  You mean if I trade for a 2nd, I can't keep 2 2nd rounders.  I can only keep one in my original draft spot?  I think the rule was you can not keep 2 people in the same round.  But say i exchange 5th rounders with someone so they move up and I move down, I thought you could still keep someone in the 5th round.  You just couldn't keep 2 people.  I am fine either way though assuming you mean traded players can be kept but keepers need to be kept in your original draft spot.  So if you are keeping a 3rd rounder, you can't trade your 3rd round pick.  Even if you have another from a different trade.

The key is your picks, not someone else's.  You can't acquire a pick and use that to keep a player.  You can keep players you acquired through trades or free agency, you just have to use a draft pick that was not acquired in a trade.

59 minutes ago, grozeng said:

OK, I think that may be different.  I remember trading picks in the same round and then keeping a player with that pick I acquired as long as that was my only pick in the round.  But I am OK either way.

The point of the rule being that if you draft at the end of the second round rather than the beginning, that is a very different pick.  The price is and should be giving up YOUR pick.

3 hours ago, grozeng said:

It's the first post of the thread.  Which is why I did not start a new thread for the league.

Round 10 and beyond  - subtract 3 rounds for the round it would be a keeper (10 is 7th, 11 is 8th), etc.

FAs can be kept as a 6th round keeper.  If you have 2 for the same round you can keep both, but one becomes the higher round keeper.  SO if you want to keep your 8th and a FA then one is going to be a 5th round keeper.

thank you

On 8/23/2018 at 8:01 PM, grozeng said:

BL

Harenhall - BL
Player Draft Round
Aaron Rodgers 1
Brandin Cooks 2
Todd Gurley 3
DeAndre Hopkins 4
Joe Mixon 5
Jimmy Graham 7
Matthew Stafford 8
Randall Cobb 10
Jamison Crowder 11
Matt Forte 13
Theo Riddick 15
Deshaun Watson 15
Samaje Perine 16
Jared Cook 17
Josh Doctson 18
Carolina 18
Los Angeles 20
Chris Boswell 22
Keelan Cole  
Brett Hundley  
JuJu Smith Schuster  
Washington  

so If I read this right,

I keep Rogers #1

Gurley #2

I have to throw back Hopkins (unless I throw back gurley or rogers)

I keep watson at 12

I keep LA (those rams) at 17

If I keep mixon he's 3

If I keep stafford he's 6 so is schuster.

do I have this right?

2 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

The point of the rule being that if you draft at the end of the second round rather than the beginning, that is a very different pick.  The price is and should be giving up YOUR pick.

But if your pick is at the end of the 2nd round and you have already traded that pick and then you trade for a 2nd round pick and a 4th rounder you want to keep, you should be able to keep that person if you have the pick.  And the new 2nd round pick would be better than your 2nd rounder you traded.  You just can't keep 2 people in the second round.  

I asked @Whiskeyjack since these are his old rules we are following

1 minute ago, grozeng said:

But if your pick is at the end of the 2nd round and you have already traded that pick and then you trade for a 2nd round pick and a 4th rounder you want to keep, you should be able to keep that person if you have the pick.  And the new 2nd round pick would be better than your 2nd rounder you traded.  You just can't keep 2 people in the second round.  

I asked WJ since these are his old rules.

This is exactly and precisely why I hate all of this.  If you don't pre-announce the slots, or pre-determine them, all 2nd round picks have the same value and an unnecessary complication is eliminated.

2 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

This is exactly and precisely why I hate all of this.  If you don't pre-announce the slots, or pre-determine them, all 2nd round picks have the same value and an unnecessary complication is eliminated.

But then I can't preset the keepers and draft order if picks are traded.  It was a nightmare trying to chat your pick for someone else to take when Yahoo did not have that feature.

Personally, I don't really care either way.  But I do want to set the draft order ahead of time in case we have to pick out of order if there are trades.

16 minutes ago, grozeng said:

But then I can't preset the keepers and draft order if picks are traded.  It was a nightmare trying to chat your pick for someone else to take when Yahoo did not have that feature.

Personally, I don't really care either way.  But I do want to set the draft order ahead of time in case we have to pick out of order if there are trades.

You are correct and that is a compelling reason to preset the draft order.
But I still hate it.  Just now, my hatred is redirected (yet again) to Yahoo.

Though I still prefer the alternative, which is you have a draft pick deadline a day or two before the draft and then set the picks AFTER the deadline.

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

Though I still prefer the alternative, which is you have a draft pick deadline a day or two before the draft and then set the picks AFTER the deadline.

The alternative works for me. Groz let me know if you need an assist to get rosters/draft set up after the Labor Day deadline -- happy to help.

18 hours ago, Week said:

The alternative works for me. Groz let me know if you need an assist to get rosters/draft set up after the Labor Day deadline -- happy to help.

Me too.  In that case then, are we OK with you keep your player in your pick if you have 2 picks in a round or if you traded your pick that round and reacquired a new pick, you can still keep your player.  That way you won't know which pick is better.  And only one keeper per round.

So if I trade my 2nd rounder to Bronn and then get a 2nd rounder after from Week.  I can use that 2nd rounder from Week to keep a player since that is my only pick in the round.

1 hour ago, grozeng said:

Me too.  In that case then, are we OK with you keep your player in your pick if you have 2 picks in a round or if you traded your pick that round and reacquired a new pick, you can still keep your player.  That way you won't know which pick is better.  And only one keeper per round.

So if I trade my 2nd rounder to Bronn and then get a 2nd rounder after from Week.  I can use that 2nd rounder from Week to keep a player since that is my only pick in the round.

This is fine with me as well.

2 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

This is fine with me as well.

Cool.  Since I am away Labor Day weekend, I need keepers and trades finalized by Monday 9/4 at 12 noon eastern.  I will do  the draft order that night and we draft 9/5.

On 8/27/2018 at 12:41 PM, grozeng said:

Ok, so if I follow correctly...

I will be keeping Adam Theilen by giving up a 10th rounder (13th last year, it seems)

I will keep Kenny Golladay for a 13th rounder (16th last year)

And Kenyon Drake for a 6th rounder...

Am I doing this right?

11 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Ok, so if I follow correctly...
I will be keeping Adam Theilen by giving up a 10th rounder (13th last year, it seems)
I will keep Kenny Golladay for a 13th rounder (16th last year)
And Kenyon Drake for a 6th rounder...

Am I doing this right?

Yes you are.

Archived