Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

Only ones I have any degree of confidence in:

1. Daenerys will give birth to Jon Snow's child or children (this one is a 100% lock).
  2. Cersei will set King's Landing on fire rather than let Daenerys take the city (i.e., Aerys 2.0) before Jaime finally kills her.
  3. Jaqen H'ghar kills Arya (not sure whether Benioff and Weiss have the courage for this but I do think Martin is going to have the Faceless Men kill Arya in his story).

1. An Umber will march behind a Glover "The bloody Wall will melt before an Umber marches behind a Glover"

2. Cleganebowl

3. Jaime will kill Cersei.

4. Arya will marry Gendry if they survive.

5. Daenerys will die giving birth to her and Jon's child and Jon and Sansa will raise the child.

Some predictions, mostly based on how I think D&D will interpret certain elements from the books, not how I want things to play out.

- The season will start with some more flashback revelations from time traveller Bran. We will see the moment Benjen disappeared and find out that Bran is responsible for his neither dead nor living state, knowing the important role he would play later on.

- A big battle between Daenerys and Cersei will take place after Cersei's treachery is discovered. A gruesome fight between the Hound and the Mountain in which both die will be one of the highlights.

- Euron and his fleet will escape the battle, only to fall victim to an aerial attack from Viserion in another location, adding undead pirates to the Night King's army.

- In the aftermath of the battle, Jaime will end up choking Cersei to death before she has a chance to go full on Mad Queen.

- Daenerys will claim the throne in joint rulership with Aegon (Jon). Aegon will receive Rhaegal the dragon.

- Aegon will discover that the Night King cannot be killed with his sword after narrowly surviving a dismounted battle against him. This will lead to Sam conveniently stumbling upon some information about the weapon Lightbringer in a book, as well as the reintroduction of Melisandre.

- Davos will convince Arya that Melisandre is wicked and deserves to die.

- In an attempt to manipulate the past even further, it will be revealed that Bran is in fact many of the legendary Brandon Starks throughout history.  

- The Night's King and his army will destroy King's Landing, as per the visions in the House of the Undying. Daenerys will die, perhaps in order to recreate Lightbringer.

4 hours ago, Faint said:

Only ones I have any degree of confidence in:

1. Daenerys will give birth to Jon Snow's child or children (this one is a 100% lock).
  2. Cersei will set King's Landing on fire rather than let Daenerys take the city (i.e., Aerys 2.0) before Jaime finally kills her.
  3. Jaqen H'ghar kills Arya (not sure whether Benioff and Weiss have the courage for this but I do think Martin is going to have the Faceless Men kill Arya in his story).

I'm curious of your reasoning for #3. To me it seems the opposite. D&D are more likely to have Arya killed by the Faceless Men (or be already dead with the Waif wearing her face) IMO. They would do it for pure shock value regardless of what terrible writing it would be.

GRRM however has devoted a huge amount of development into Arya and I think it unlikely that it is all just smoke and mirrors (ie Faceless Men just using her identity) for some death cult. Arya as a character has SO much potential and there is many hints in the book she is headed toward some type of leadership role (no, not a traditional one like Lady or Queen or military commander, but one of her own making, either as some kind of champion of the common people or leading a "pack"). 

D&D have essentially simplified Arya into a badass killer assassin/warrior and not focused on any of her other traits, but the real Arya in Martin's story is extremely complex and can be taken so many different directions. I think it HIGHLY unlikely he intended to kill Arya off until the final act, if at all.

9 minutes ago, Gaz0680 said:

I think it HIGHLY unlikely he intended to kill Arya off until the final act, if at all.

Oh, I do think it would be final act. In fact, it would almost certainly be one of the final scenes in the story. 

"You had best run back to your room, little sister. Septa Mordane will surely be lurking. The longer you hide, the sterner the penance. You’ll be sewing all through winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers.”

Predictions?, the leaks for season 8 are already out, even if those leaks are fake, it is basically what the show runners are gonna do, Crap on everyone that's not Cersei and leave her to rule just like every season. I would not be shocked if Cersei actually doesnt die and remains on the throne at the end. Predictions you say, dont make me laugh. This show should have been called Cersei's throne or The lannisters.

10 minutes ago, tormond said:

Predictions?, the leaks for season 8 are already out, even if those leaks are fake, it is basically what the show runners are gonna do, Crap on everyone that's not Cersei and leave her to rule just like every season. I would not be shocked if Cersei actually doesnt die and remains on the throne at the end. Predictions you say, dont make me laugh. This show should have been called Cersei's throne or The lannisters.

If you hate the show so much why are you watching it? It's so predictable, right? You're wasting your time. 

And yes, the leaks are fake. 

I can totally see a betrayal from Tyrion/Varys

Bran's endgame revealed. He is more than an exposition machine. He'll recover meanwhile

Sam and Bran discovering things

Jonerys in trouble cause they discover they are related. Jon wanting to marry Dany bc he discovers she is pregnant and doesn't want to father a bastard but being depressed because he thinks what he has done is disgusting cause he is not really a Targ

Jorah sacrificing for Dany 

Either Theon or Yara die

Cersei being killed by the valonqar

Jaime and Brienne acknowledging their feelings for eachother and kissing, at least

Tension between Sansa and Jon due to the North being submitted

Arya using her dagger

Arya meeting Jon and joining his cause

Arya meeting Gendry again

The Hound meeting the little bird

Euron doing something huge while flirting with Cersei

1 hour ago, TRILOGY said:

If you hate the show so much why are you watching it? It's so predictable, right? You're wasting your time. 

And yes, the leaks are fake. 

There was no hate in my post. I just predicted what was gonna happen in season 8 since the show has followed a pattern. Criticism is not hate, it is analysis and judgment of the merits and faults of a literary or artistic work. Yep goggle it. The show has become garbage and this is based on research and on a personal opinion hoping for the good turn and getting unbelievably disappointed

Now grasshopper, shut-up 

2 hours ago, tormond said:

It's actually refreshing to see a TV show where a villain manages to make it this far with so much success.

Don't worry your precious little mind though. You'll get your boring Disney ending eventually. There is no chance Cersei will survive.

It is not  a prediction but it would be a cool twist if Cersei is the one finally taking out the Night's King because Viserion's blue flame ignites the Wildfire under King's Landing (that has to happen as the wall needed to fall).

Predictions: anything with magic will be gone (Daenerys, Jon, Bram, Melisandre, dragons, Night's King, White Walkers, ...)

The Night King becomes Lord of Winterfell. 

The surviving Northern Alliance retreat to Moat Cailin and the Neck in a reversal of it's purpose. 

Danaerys and Aegon wed cementing a Targaryen/Stark alliance. Danearys is pregnant. 

Couples: Brienne/ the hound.  Arya/Gendry (Danaerys legitimizes Gendry and Gendry Baratheon  claims the stormlands creating a Stark/Baratheon union. 

Many of the Dothroki abandon Danaerys and scatter into pillaging khalasars, some returning back to Essos. 

Theon kills Eureon in a one on one. Yara takes over the Iron born and their fleet. 

Cersei takes the south back, dragon stone, Casterly rock and the rest of her losses. She marches on the Neck from the south while the NK is marching from the north. She cuts off any possible retreat for the northern alliance. 

Bran reminds Arya that Jaime is the ass*ole that pushed him out the window. She kills Jaime and takes his face. Arya sneaks into cercei's camp as Jaime and offers to betray the north. 

She kills pregnant Cersei in bed. The Red Bedding. : D

As Jaime she takes over the southern forces and unites them with the north. 

Big battle against the dead, aeJon defeats the Night King on the ground, in one on one, after they crash on the dragons, killing him with Long Claw. 

The dead armies fall  

Danaerys dies in childbirth.  But she names the child Eddard Targaryen for Jon.

The seven kingdoms are United . Aejon sits the throne. Sam is Hand of the King. 

Dragons 1 and 2 make babies. Drogon was a girl dragon. ; )

Jorah, Tyrion, Greyworm, and Tormund die in battle. 

The Aejon dynasty lasts a thousand years. 

There are CoTF remaining. They capture Bran and make him the next Night King. 

The wall is repaired. 

The cycle begins again.

The end. 

7 hours ago, tormond said:

Spoiler

If you're referring to the leaks I saw then Arya kills Cersei 

Jaime will kill Cersei while saving someone(Brienne)/many others. Jaime survives.

Clegane will face off, Gregory perish, Sandor prevail. His story will continue in peace somewhere, a survivor.

Jon Snow/Aegon Targ dies fighting NK trying to save the world (to no avail), because Bran is the key, not Jon. And Jon will due his patented yolo rush into overwhelming forces hoping to survive by a miracle. But his luck is out, or he sacrifice himself to make time for Bran to solve the NK. Anyway, he dies.

Dany, will get betrayed by Tyrion (for love, last betrayal for her) which will lead to her death or removal from office. She will die or realise she won't be a good ruler after this betrayal. But she will get pregnant and kid will be born.

Sansa will survive and lead the North.

Arya will only survive if she meets Sandor again, otherwise she will die.

Euron, dies in the hand of Yara. Theon dies breaking Yara out.

NK will survive, but be replaced by another new NK  (Jon snow?!)

Season 7 dropped a lot of anvils that spelled out certain parts of S8 pretty clearly:

1. There will be a miracle Jonerys baby. 

2. Jon and Dany will get married.

3. Cleganebowl will happen.

4. Varys and Melisandre will die.

- Jon will get himself into yet another situation where death seems certain, but Benjen, magically resurrected by the contrivances of modern TV writing, will show up again to save him.
- Lyanna Mormont will single handedly fight and defeat an entire army of wights using Kung Fu and a sharp tongue, because she's such a badass am i right you guys.

- Something from season 1 or 2 is referenced really quickly, then lampshaded, to remind us that this is in fact still Game of Thrones.
- Arya will kill everyone on her list. She will sustain many wounds, including a shot to the head by one of Qyburn's balistas, but she'll survive, because she has a friend who knows how to brew magical herbal tea.
- Bran will continue to predict things when it's convenient to the plot, but otherwise won't do much. In a shock twist (!!!), he turns out to be helping The Night's King. All of the events leading up to this revelation happen off screen.
- A bunch of moderately important characters like Thormund, Beric and Theon will die, so we can pretend the ending is 'bittersweet'.

- Bronn turns out to have a heart of gold after all, saving Jaime or Tyrion from certain death, possibly giving up his life.

- The Hound turns out to have a heart of gold after all, saving Arya or Brienne from certain death, possibly giving up his life.

- The Night's King is defeated in an epic showdown (omg). We learn nothing about his motivations.

- Jaime and Brienne get married (omg).

- Arya and Gendry get married (omg you guys).

- Jon or Daenerys (or possibly their child) end up on the Iron Throne, because omg so cool you guyz. This is what aSoIaF was about all along.

- The ghost of Ned Stark appears after all is said and done, to tell his children how proud he is of them.

- He then resurrects Robb and Oberyn, and they form the new Justice League.

Archived