Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

On 10/7/2017 at 6:41 PM, Faera said:

I like this idea. As you said, in the books, the cadet branch is still thriving but it would be satisfying to have Tyrion slight his father one last time by refusing to father a son to carry on the line.

Yeah, people tend to forget about the cadet branches when they talk about houses going extinct. (See also House Arryn.)

33 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

All of this leaves me slightly more confident both Dany and Jon will survive the war against the NK in order for the show to fully milk the drama inherent in two competing Targaryen claims. 

Drama that will be non-existent if the two lovebirds would just do what they both personally want to do and should do for the betterment of the realm: get married, consummate the marriage (...again I guess?) and have kids.

36 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Drama that will be non-existent if the two lovebirds would just do what they both personally want to do and should do for the betterment of the realm: get married, consummate the marriage (...again I guess?) and have kids.

Yea totally. I think that will be the resolution but prob won’t happen until the end. Hopefully they don’t overplay it and turn it into a Sansa/ arya will they kill each other or not situation but in this case its will they go to war or not.

The identity crisises both will undergo and Jon getting weirded out about an avunculate relationship - which is close enough its in this grey area for that society - will be enough for them to milk the drama. That and you throw in Sam’s brother and dad being burnt. Plus an advisor or two whispering in their ear and it feels like its enough to have a low burn tension that will be present in the early part of the season but won’t be dealt with because of the war against the NK. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tyrion’s advice will cause Daenerys to lose half her armies

We will learn that Valyrian steel will not kill the Night King

Ghost will make a cameo appearance saving Jon

Even in death Viserion will not harm his mother

Kings Landing will come under siege by the wights and Cersei will reconsider Jon’s offer

We will get a Cleganebowl but it will be interrupted by the White Walkers and turn into a Zombiebowl. Sir Gregor will perish saving his little brother

We will not get a elephant(Gold Command) vs. mammoth(wight) bowl

Beric will die saving Tormund

Tormund will die saving Brienne

Brienne will die saving Jaime

Jaime will die saving Bran

Bran will continue to not give a damn

A Scorpion will bring down Viserion

Samwell Tarly and Qyborn will usher in an age of science

So only 6 episodes, Wall is already down, Others are coming.

Jaime joins Dany.

War vs Walkers remains in the North. Jon&Dany win with huge losses. Dany dies. edit: No Dany-Jon spawn; no death in childbirth. MMD was correct.

Jon and survivors turn to Cersei, who's been following up on the strategy from season 6: amass army, build dragon-killing weapons.

War vs Cersei: Remaining dragons die but Cersei loses; Red Keep is destroyed as it is in Dany's vision. Hound kills brother. Jaime kills Cersei. Jon is offered the throne, rejects it, returns North. I'm going on a limb, but I've always thought that Davos would be king at the end. If that happens, Dany's dream of breaking the wheel would come true, to a minor extent. No old-Westerosi family on the throne. Most Westerosi families except for the Starks are dead. There's an opening for the person on the throne to make reforms, put things together before the game starts again, as it's bound to do. 

On 10/10/2017 at 0:05 PM, jcmontea said:

Yea totally. I think that will be the resolution but prob won’t happen until the end. Hopefully they don’t overplay it and turn it into a Sansa/ arya will they kill each other or not situation but in this case its will they go to war or not.

The identity crisises both will undergo and Jon getting weirded out about an avunculate relationship - which is close enough its in this grey area for that society - will be enough for them to milk the drama. That and you throw in Sam’s brother and dad being burnt. Plus an advisor or two whispering in their ear and it feels like its enough to have a low burn tension that will be present in the early part of the season but won’t be dealt with because of the war against the NK. 

Two things I feel confident predicting for Jon/Dany in S8:

1. There will be drama (Jon being Targ heir, Tarlys being burnt, etc.).

2. It won't amount to very much in the end. Jon and Dany will still be in love and will still present a united front against the WWs.

1 hour ago, Newstar said:

Two things I feel confident predicting for Jon/Dany in S8:

1. There will be drama (Jon being Targ heir, Tarlys being burnt, etc.).

2. It won't amount to very much in the end. Jon and Dany will still be in love and will still present a united front against the WWs.

couldn't agree more. the show has no real substance or depth anymore lol. 

my predictions:

1. that it will be a CGI filled spectacle 

2. a lot more boring pointless reunion scenes for fanservice

3. that the "political" drama in the North when Dany gets there will be the same repetitive crap that we saw in seasons 6/7 and will be resolved stupidly

4. that the Hound will continue saying "cunt" in every appearance he makes

5. that Bronn will survive and rewarded with a lot of riches at the end even tho he should have died a long time ago

6. that Pod's magic dick will continue being referenced 

7. that jon/dany will be horrified about the incest for 2 seconds before they start banging again

8.that bran will continue being an emotionless robot even though it would be 100x more interesting seeing jaime again and seeing the wall fall down made him feel human emotions again

9.that Lena Headey will KILL it in every scene she has even when Cersei is sidelined for a lot of the season

10. that the Cersei death scene will be the only real scene with any substance or emotion because Lena is too talented for this show lol

10 minutes ago, larastone said:

9.that Lena Headey will KILL it in every scene she has even when Cersei is sidelined for a lot of the season

I'm not as anti-show as you are, but totally agree with this one. Headey kills it even when she's reduced to wringing her hands, as she was season 5.  One superb actor can be more memorable than CGI. See Diana Rigg's death, season 6, which for me had more wow factor than all the battle scenes put together and multiplied that season.

13 minutes ago, kimim said:

I'm not as anti-show as you are, but totally agree with this one. Headey kills it even when she's reduced to wringing her hands, as she was season 5.  One superb actor can be more memorable than CGI. See Diana Rigg's death, season 6, which for me had more wow factor than all the battle scenes put together and multiplied that season.

well season 5 she was actually given material to work with. you probably mean seasons 6 and 7. 

i'm not "anti" show, i WANT to like the show. but wow season 7 was honestly one of the worst things that ever happened to me lol (exaggeration obviously). 

47 minutes ago, larastone said:

well season 5 she was actually given material to work with. you probably mean seasons 6 and 7. 

i'm not "anti" show, i WANT to like the show. but wow season 7 was honestly one of the worst things that ever happened to me lol (exaggeration obviously). 

Oh yes I meant season 6. Sorry. Season 7 was a disaster, and I LIKE this show. I cursed my way through most of it.

Anyhoo...hoping that the whole thing ends not with Jon and Dany bravely defeating the bad guys, but with a return to the show's (and novel's) political heart, a war vs Cersei. I love Headey. I want to see lots of her.

Okay, I have a few predictions:

- I feel like Jaime and Brienne will have some sort of scene, whether it be them confessing their feelings or simply a friendly reunion. 

- Gendry + Arya reunion.

- Jon + Arya reunion.

- Sansa and Arya meet Daenerys, probably being a bit iffy at first. 

- Jaime comes to Winterfell, most likely with Bronn as he has no interest in staying in King's Landing, and then a reunion with Bran. I don't think Bran will care much about what happened in the past, perhaps he'll even thank him as he allowed him to become the three-eyed raven.

- Bran will have some sort of crazy role in the ending.

- Euron will do something crazy before dying.

- Theon will rescue Yara, who may have lost her tongue, before probably dying himself. 

- A huge battle in Winterfell.

- Many character deaths; I think that Daenerys will, Jorah (sadly), The Hound, The Mountain or both, Grey Worm, Cersei, Theon, Melisandre, Euron and Varys. There would also be a few more, I just can't think of who. 

- We'll finally find out what was said to Varys when he was castrated. 

- Melisandre will die, by either sacrificing herself to the greater cause or maybe by Arya? 

- Davos will either become a Father or somewhat of a Fatherly figure to Arya & Sansa (please).

- The Night King will probably die.

- Cersei will miscarriage. 

- Dany is pregnant.

- The Iron Throne will be destroyed, possibly by the NK or even herself, becoming the Mad Queen. 

- Sansa will either stay widowed, marry Tyrion or maaaaybe Theon. I'd prefer she stayed single though, after all of her tough experiences. 

- Nymeria comes back, although this is a big maybe due to the lack of wolves last season-- it has a bigger chance than last season, because they have a larger budget now. 

That's all, for now. 

9 minutes ago, kimim said:

Oh yes I meant season 6. Sorry. Season 7 was a disaster, and I LIKE this show. I cursed my way through most of it.

Anyhoo...hoping that the whole thing ends not with Jon and Dany bravely defeating the bad guys, but with a return to the show's (and novel's) political heart, a war vs Cersei. I love Headey. I want to see lots of her.

Season 7 proved that d&d are the Michael Bay of TV imo except I think I've even seen Michael Bay movies with better writing than the atrocity that was season 7

10 minutes ago, kimim said:

But if the show ends with Jon and Dany defeating Cersei, doesn't it technically end with Jon and Dany defeating the bad guy?

In the "Season 8 potential characters couple pairings" thread there was some talk of crowns and Jon and Dany being coronated, which made me think these lines might go together:

JON: You are my sister, but I am king now.

SANSA: Will you start wearing a crown?

-S7E1

TYRION: You say you can't have children. But there are other ways of choosing a successor. The Night's Watch has one method. The ironborn, for all their many flaws, have another.

DAENERYS: We will discuss the succession after I wear the crown.

-S7E6

(I was going to post this observation on that thread, but it was locked.)

18 minutes ago, Shmedricko said:

In the "Season 8 potential characters couple pairings" thread there was some talk of crowns and Jon and Dany being coronated, which made me think these lines might go together:

Nice catch. 

My prediction: Jon will lose an eye. ^_^

4 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

But if the show ends with Jon and Dany defeating Cersei, doesn't it technically end with Jon and Dany defeating the bad guy?

True, true. The difference is that the Cersei of the show is a grey villain much like Tywin and still recognizably human. The Walkers,  both show and novels, are demons,  the walking dead, without speech,  complexity,  nothing. They're not even the "bad guys." They're more like an incomprehensible act of the gods that must be defeated.

1 hour ago, Shmedricko said:

Great catch. Hadn’t made that connection. You have those two crowned in the last episode and you probably make 90% of the people that watch the show happy. 

51 minutes ago, kimim said:

True, true. The difference is that the Cersei of the show is a grey villain much like Tywin and still recognizably human. The Walkers,  both show and novels, are demons,  the walking dead, without speech,  complexity,  nothing. They're not even the "bad guys." They're more like an incomprehensible act of the gods that must be defeated.

I agree. Her death means so much more than defeating the NK. Which is why I think she goes down at the beggining of the last episode. 

5 hours ago, larastone said:

Season 7 proved that d&d are the Michael Bay of TV imo except I think I've even seen Michael Bay movies with better writing than the atrocity that was season 7

I confess my popular opinion but unpopular opinion on these forums: i liked season 7!!

Archived