Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

1 hour ago, Apoplexy said:

Arya being the YMBQ would make me really happy too. If Sansa is supposed to remains in WF, I've always wondered what they plan to do with Arya. I doubt she is supposed to stay in WF with Sansa.

There are a lot of threads talking about Arya and the Queen references in the books section. I'm torn between the future of Arya being about ruling ot leaving her life free like the maiden of the tree; but I think she is gonna be a leader.

1 hour ago, larastone said:

Arya being the YMBQ would be really interesting but would people really buy Maisie Wiliams being more beautiful than Lena headey? idk. 

No, and without dragging the actresses into it I don't buy that Arya is supposed to be more beautiful than Cersei either.
Afaik Cersei is supposed to be quite beautiful canon-wise. Not Daenerys level of beautiful, but still quite beautiful. Arya on the other hand...ain't. (Not saying she's supposed to be ugly, just that good looks is not one of her defining features.)

Add the whole "Arya is a free spirit and doesn't want to end up as a ruler in a castle"-angle and it's no wonder people would consider her being the YMBQ as surprising: it's because it doesn't make sense in regards to her character. :P

On 10/21/2017 at 7:49 PM, jcmontea said:

Nope. 

NK defeats Dany and Jon. Cersei kills the NK and keeps the Iron Throne. She was Azor Ahai/ TPWWP the whole time. Long may she reign.

Oh, I like that! Long may she reign!

Seriously, though, that will be awesome if Cersei wins in the end. Nobody is expecting that!

18 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

No, and without dragging the actresses into it I don't buy that Arya is supposed to be more beautiful than Cersei either.
Afaik Cersei is supposed to be quite beautiful canon-wise. Not Daenerys level of beautiful, but still quite beautiful. Arya on the other hand...ain't. (Not saying she's supposed to be ugly, just that good looks is not one of her defining features.)

Add the whole "Arya is a free spirit and doesn't want to end up as a ruler in a castle"-angle and it's no wonder people would consider her being the YMBQ as surprising: it's because it doesn't make sense in regards to her character. :P

An interesting tid bit, although it doesn’t really mean anything predictive is that Lena Heady acted out the Dragonpit scene as if Cersei was thinking Dany was the YMBQ. 

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/31/game-thrones-lena-headey-cersei-dany/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

14 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

An interesting tid bit, although it doesn’t really mean anything predictive is that Lena Heady acted out the Dragonpit scene as if Cersei was thinking Dany was the YMBQ. 

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/31/game-thrones-lena-headey-cersei-dany/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

i've always thought daenerys would be the YMBQ but i don't actually want her to take down cersei. i want cersei to take down herself

2 minutes ago, larastone said:

i've always thought daenerys would be the YMBQ but i don't actually want her to take down cersei. i want cersei to take down herself

Could end up being both. If Dany is the YMBQ all i want is a scene between the two of them when Cersei has lost and been stripped of everything and for Dany’s coronation to be awesome. If part of this story is following Dany from abused fearful girl to Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, that coronation has to be awesome. Dany and Jon’s coronation has to be at least as good as the KITN scene. 

12 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Could end up being both. If Dany is the YMBQ all i want is a scene between the two of them when Cersei has lost and been stripped of everything and for Dany’s coronation to be awesome. If part of this story is following Dany from abused fearful girl to Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, that coronation has to be awesome. Dany and Jon’s coronation has to be at least as good as the KITN scene. 

i agree that the dany coronation scene should be good. but i'm not really interested in seeing cersei be vulnerable in front of dany. they don't actually share much connection/history. even their first meeting in season 7 was kind of meh.

11 minutes ago, larastone said:

i agree that the dany coronation scene should be good. but i'm not really interested in seeing cersei be vulnerable in front of dany. they don't actually share much connection/history. even their first meeting in season 7 was kind of meh.

I agree. It was somewhat disapointing. The best moments were actually not them together but Cersei talking about Dany to others “kill the silver haired bitch first” “i don’t want to restrain myself or make the world a better place” 

I think it would be interesting though seeing them together since in many ways they are mirrors to each other at least on the show. Their stories parallel and Cersei has done some really stupid things trying to protect herself from the YMBQ when she got the person wrong the whole time. 

And truthfully, i just expect it. This show at the end of the day is defined by two people in a room talking. Have a hard time seeing how they don’t just put both of them - their two female leads - in a room to talk in the series finale. 

14 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

I agree. It was somewhat disapointing. The best moments were actually not them together but Cersei talking about Dany to others “kill the silver haired bitch first” “i don’t want to restrain myself or make the world a better place” 

I think it would be interesting though seeing them together since in many ways they are mirrors to each other at least on the show. Their stories parallel and Cersei has done some really stupid things trying to protect herself from the YMBQ when she got the person wrong the whole time. 

And truthfully, i just expect it. This show at the end of the day is defined by two people in a room talking. Have a hard time seeing how they don’t just put both of them - their two female leads - in a room to talk in the series finale. 

I agree that it would be cool to see them have an actual conversation. But not one where it would just Dany lording her victories and monologuing over cersei lol. cersei isn't 2D villain from essos. 

2 minutes ago, larastone said:

I agree that it would be cool to see them have an actual conversation. But not one where it would just Dany lording her victories and monologuing over cersei lol. cersei isn't 2D villain from essos. 

Agreed. Has to be true to both characters and to Cersei’s role as more than just any antagonist, but as the anti-hero of this show. 

2 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

There have been many discussions on these boards about how pretty Lyanna (and by extension Arya, who so resembles Lyanna that Bran mistook Lyanna for Arya in ADWD) supposedly was, but even Kevan Lannister grudgingly conceded that Lyanna had "wild beauty," so Lyanna and by extension Arya couldn't have been that bad. 

I don't buy Arya as the YMBQ, though, for what it's worth.

2 hours ago, jcmontea said:

A Jaime/Olenna-type scene (seven minutes, tops) is fine. I don't need to see Dany and Cersei pontificating on the nature for power and how sisters need to do it for themselves or whatever for 20 minutes so that D&D can engage in a last-ditch effort to get Lena her Emmy. 

8 minutes ago, Newstar said:

There have been many discussions on these boards about how pretty Lyanna (and by extension Arya, who so resembles Lyanna that Bran mistook Lyanna for Arya in ADWD) supposedly was, but even Kevan Lannister grudgingly conceded that Lyanna had "wild beauty," so Lyanna and by extension Arya couldn't have been that bad. 

I don't buy Arya as the YMBQ, though, for what it's worth.

A Jaime/Olenna-type scene (seven minutes, tops) is fine. I don't need to see Dany and Cersei pontificating on the nature for power and how sisters need to do it for themselves or whatever for 20 minutes so that D&D can engage in a last-ditch effort to get Lena her Emmy. 

Lmao. I would prefer that over boring jonerys scenes and Sansa being a Boss Ass Bitch or Tyrion drinking wine and cracking eunuch "jokes" or Tormund hitting on Brienne scenes tbh.

I mean I know to each their own and stuff but the Cersei scenes I've disliked in the past few seasons have been the us against the world monologues with Jaime. I thought both the Cersei/ellaria/tyene and Cersei/tyrion scenes in season 7 were really good. 

And they were only around 4-6 minutes long too. 

10 minutes ago, larastone said:

Lmao. I would prefer that over boring jonerys scenes and Sansa being a Boss Ass Bitch or Tyrion drinking wine and cracking eunuch "jokes" or Tormund hitting on Brienne scenes tbh.

I mean I know to each their own and stuff but the Cersei scenes I've disliked in the past few seasons have been the us against the world monologues with Jaime. I thought both the Cersei/ellaria/tyene and Cersei/tyrion scenes in season 7 were really good. 

And they were only around 4-6 minutes long too. 

4-6 min is more than enough

honestly, but i am a sucker for Cersei scenes. 

6 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

4-6 min is more than enough

honestly, but i am a sucker for Cersei scenes. 

Me too. I just think that her scenes with Jaime in the last couple of seasons could have been better. But her scenes from seasons 1 through 5 were flawless. And her scenes in both the seasons 6 and 7 finales were the highlights of the seasons imo

9 hours ago, larastone said:

Arya being the YMBQ would be really interesting but would people really buy Maisie Wiliams being more beautiful than Lena headey? idk. 

I have never believed that the "one younger and more beautiful" need have been either a queen or physically beautiful, just a better person. For that reason, I don't remotely buy Arya being the YMBQ because I don't think she can be considered more "beautiful" inside or out. Arya is just as damaged as Cersei and has done some terrible things in order to get where she is. Whether for survival or not, they will hang over her - she simply doesn't fit the prophecy from any angle.

In the books, I'd say it's Brienne "the Beauty" because while considered ugly by most, she has an "Inner beauty" to counter Cersei's vanity and over selfishness. Not sure about the show - could still be the same but they might just be obvious and go for Dany. Sansa is my wildcard.

4 hours ago, Faera said:

I have never believed that the "one younger and more beautiful" need have been either a queen or physically beautiful, just a better person. For that reason, I don't remotely buy Arya being the YMBQ because I don't think she can be considered more "beautiful" inside or out. Arya is just as damaged as Cersei and has done some terrible things in order to get where she is. Whether for survival or not, they will hang over her - she simply doesn't fit the prophecy from any angle.

In the books, I'd say it's Brienne "the Beauty" because while considered ugly by most, she has an "Inner beauty" to counter Cersei's vanity and over selfishness. Not sure about the show - could still be the same but they might just be obvious and go for Dany. Sansa is my wildcard.

The big trouble with the Brienne theory is how does she strike Cersei down and take all she holds dear. I don’t think everything Cersei holds dear is Jaime, neither in the show or the books. 

What Cersei loves more than anything is power. Since taking power away is inherently a political act, that does support the idea it has to be an actual queen who is usurping Cersei. How does Brienne take Cersei’s power away?

i do think @MinscS2 point is an important one. Dany looks obvious now. But this theory already played out in not obvious ways since when it was introduced in season 5 there were two things that were not clear: 1.) Cersei would be an actual regnant Queen so her being Queen for a time referred to that and not her long period as consort queen and shorter period as queen regent 2.) that Cersei would even survive long enough as Queen for Dany to even get to Westeros. Effectively the YMBQ idea introduced a two season arc where Cersei actually becomes the Queen in her own right. 

Sansa seems like the only good wildcard at this point on the show.

7 hours ago, Faera said:

I too believe that YMBQ doesn't necessarily have to be physically prettier. I think Cersei is a little insecure in the books about aging, so she probably might consider Arya more beautiful, even if some others won't. I agree, Arya is hurt on the inside. But I wouldn't say she is irredeemable. There is still time for her to heal. As unlikely as this might be, Arya could certainly fit the prophecy.

As for Brienne, I wouldn't rule her out as a possibility. But it seems extremely unlikely. Ruling doesn't seem to be something she would remotely want.

3 hours ago, jcmontea said:

i do think @MinscS2 point is an important one. Dany looks obvious now. But this theory already played out in not obvious ways since when it was introduced in season 5 there were two things that were not clear: 1.) Cersei would be an actual regnant Queen so her being Queen for a time referred to that and not her long period as consort queen and shorter period as queen regent 2.) that Cersei would even survive long enough as Queen for Dany to even get to Westeros. Effectively the YMBQ idea introduced a two season arc where Cersei actually becomes the Queen in her own right.

It might be that Dany is the one to displace Cersei from the throne. But Dany ending up on the IT would still be a little obvious, since she is the only one left among all the candidates that were trying to control the IT since season 1.

5 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

I too believe that YMBQ doesn't necessarily have to be physically prettier. I think Cersei is a little insecure in the books about aging, so she probably might consider Arya more beautiful, even if some others won't. I agree, Arya is hurt on the inside. But I wouldn't say she is irredeemable. There is still time for her to heal. As unlikely as this might be, Arya could certainly fit the prophecy.

As for Brienne, I wouldn't rule her out as a possibility. But it seems extremely unlikely. Ruling doesn't seem to be something she would remotely want.

Has Arya ever shown interest in rulling? 

I think at this point based on all available information by non scientifically precise probabilities would be: 

Dany - 70% 

Sansa - 15%

Prophecy misread/ wrong - 14%

Others - 1% 

Archived