Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

1 minute ago, Apoplexy said:

I too believe that YMBQ doesn't necessarily have to be physically prettier. I think Cersei is a little insecure in the books about aging, so she probably might consider Arya more beautiful, even if some others won't. I agree, Arya is hurt on the inside. But I wouldn't say she is irredeemable. There is still time for her to heal. As unlikely as this might be, Arya could certainly fit the prophecy.

As for Brienne, I wouldn't rule her out as a possibility. But it seems extremely unlikely. Ruling doesn't seem to be something she would remotely want.

I don't necessarily think the one who casts Cersei down and takes all she holds dear need be someone looking for rulership. Sure, Brienne doesn't remotely want it but I doubt Arya would at this point, either. Seeing as prophecies are seldom literal, though, we might be looking for someone who is simply connected to Cersei's undoing... which she brings upon herself.

If anything, Cersei's paranoia over finding a.) queen who is b.) beautiful physically who will c.) take what she perceives to hold dear - her position and power. Given this is what Cersei thinks she needs to look out for, it almost certainly won't be this sort of woman (or even a man, the prophecy never said the caster had to be a female just another, which could mean anything) but something entirely different. It's the same reason why, in the books, I don't think either Tyrion or Jaime will be the ones to croak Cersei.

26 minutes ago, Faera said:

I don't necessarily think the one who casts Cersei down and takes all she holds dear need be someone looking for rulership. Sure, Brienne doesn't remotely want it but I doubt Arya would at this point, either. Seeing as prophecies are seldom literal, though, we might be looking for someone who is simply connected to Cersei's undoing... which she brings upon herself.

If anything, Cersei's paranoia over finding a.) queen who is b.) beautiful physically who will c.) take what she perceives to hold dear - her position and power. Given this is what Cersei thinks she needs to look out for, it almost certainly won't be this sort of woman (or even a man, the prophecy never said the caster had to be a female just another, which could mean anything) but something entirely different. It's the same reason why, in the books, I don't think either Tyrion or Jaime will be the ones to croak Cersei.

But how do you think Brienne would come to be queen?

4 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

But how do you think Brienne would come to be queen?

I don't think she'll become queen. I don't think the person to cast Cersei down need even be a queen.

29 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Has Arya ever shown interest in rulling? 

I think at this point based on all available information by non scientifically precise probabilities would be: 

Dany - 70% 

Sansa - 15%

Prophecy misread/ wrong - 14%

Others - 1% 

No, Arya hasn't shown interest to rule. But Arya saying ruling isn't for her makes me think that is what she may end up doing. And Gendry has a claim to the IT, so there are multiple ways to for Arya to end up on the throne and rule, if they do get together eventually.

(As for Brienne, she keeps saying motherhood isn't for her. Which makes me believe that is headed towards having a child.)

9 minutes ago, Faera said:

I don't think she'll become queen. I don't think the person to cast Cersei down need even be a queen.

What Cersei craves right now is power. So in order to cast her down, wouldn't the person casting her down need to take away her authority and thus become queen?

15 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

What Cersei craves right now is power. So in order to cast her down, wouldn't the person casting her down need to take away her authority and thus become queen?

I don't think so. Just because the one who is "younger and more beautiful" casts down Queen Cersei doesn't mean she (or he) will be her replacement - that's not what Maggy said. At no point does it say that this person will replace her, only that they will come "to cast you down and take all that you hold dear". This may mean they take away her means of maintaining power rather than be the one to remove her from the throne or even just be the motivator behind her removal. I think the best way to approach this prophecy is to be as vague in who could fulfil it as possible. After all, Maggy was likely being vague herself because it would make Cersei all the more paranoid about it coming true!

Heck, one could even argue if they wanted that "another, younger and more beautiful" and the "valonqar" might even be the same person, if the valonqar is a person at all.

52 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

I think at this point based on all available information by non scientifically precise probabilities would be: 

Dany - 70% 

Sansa - 15%

Others - 1% 

You can take away everything that makes life worth living for a person, without taking that person's place. Dany, I think, has already taken Jaime from Cersei, without becoming Jaime's lover. Dany can go on to defeat Cersei, remove her from the throne, then (let's pretend) put "x" on the throne--she wants to break the wheel, and taking the throne herself is the opposite of that.

...or Jaime can rekindle whatever he was feeling for Brienne. Brienne can then kill Cersei, without wanting or taking the throne herself.

...or anyone on Dany's side can manage it. The only physical, non-metaphorical thing in the prophecy is that this person has to be younger than Cersei.

1 hour ago, jcmontea said:

Dany - 70% 

Sansa - 15%

Others - 1% 

honestly i think its more like 99% dany lol

4 hours ago, kimim said:

...or Jaime can rekindle whatever he was feeling for Brienne. Brienne can then kill Cersei, without wanting or taking the throne herself.

In a way, it would be interesting if she was the one to kill Cersei, becoming the Queenslayer to Jaime's Kingslayer.

4 hours ago, kimim said:

The only physical, non-metaphorical thing in the prophecy is that this person has to be younger than Cersei.

Pretty much. While I wouldn't be surprised if it was a woman, we cannot rule out a man. What would be even funnier would be if the "another younger and more beautiful" is a man while the "valonqar" is a woman, a complete reverse on what Cersei is expecting.

3 hours ago, Faera said:

In a way, it would be interesting if she was the one to kill Cersei, becoming the Queenslayer to Jaime's Kingslayer.

Pretty much. While I wouldn't be surprised if it was a woman, we cannot rule out a man. What would be even funnier would be if the "another younger and more beautiful" is a man while the "valonqar" is a woman, a complete reverse on what Cersei is expecting.

Oh that would be cool! Brienne has already slain Stannis, who was the rightful king, if you accept Robert as a rightful king. If she kills Cersei, she could be Queenslayer and Kingslayer, one-upping Jaime.

...and yeah, "another younger and more beautiful" is never qualified as a "queen." So it could be a man.

10 hours ago, larastone said:

honestly i think its more like 99% dany lol

Lol. If this were any other show i would say 100%. Dany literally checks every single box regarding narrative storytelling as to what the ending should be. Especially on the TV show where she has been a much more important character throughout than in the books where she took a step back during ACOK/ ASOS.

How would the main female character who is also the most popular female character played by the highest paid actress (who is a protagonist) who has the most season ending shots, the most musical themes etc not going to end up completing her rags to riches story? 

But since this is GoT/ ASOIAF i give myself a 30% wiggle room. 

2 hours ago, kimim said:

Oh that would be cool! Brienne has already slain Stannis, who was the rightful king, if you accept Robert as a rightful king. If she kills Cersei, she could be Queenslayer and Kingslayer, one-upping Jaime.

...and yeah, "another younger and more beautiful" is never qualified as a "queen." So it could be a man.

Jon is prettier than Craster’s Daughters

6 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Were people making similar arguments against R+L=J? That's too obvious

Some did, which is why I find the "It can't be, it's too obvious"-argument so hilarious and why I wrote my earlier "it only looks obvious because it looks likely to happen now"-post.

23 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Some did, which is why I find the "It can't be, it's too obvious"-argument so hilarious and why I wrote my earlier "it only looks obvious because it looks likely to happen now"-post.

Yea. Its obvious is not really a good argument. 

On 10/21/2017 at 7:49 PM, jcmontea said:

Nope. 

NK defeats Dany and Jon. Cersei kills the NK and keeps the Iron Throne. She was Azor Ahai/ TPWWP the whole time. Long may she reign.

No way would Cersei flat out kill the NK, she'd torture him first. Long may she reign.

17 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Jon is prettier than Craster’s Daughters

Which daughter? Gilly is prettier than Jon. I think.

Though if I had to pick the prettiest person on this show, it'd be a tie between Missendai, Jaime, and Marg. Tragically, Marg is dead.

Jaime could be both valonqar and the YMB(something).

1 hour ago, kimim said:

Which daughter? Gilly is prettier than Jon. I think.

Though if I had to pick the prettiest person on this show, it'd be a tie between Missendai, Jaime, and Marg. Tragically, Marg is dead.

Jaime could be both valonqar and the YMB(something).

Its a joke. Craster said it in season 2. 

Jaime is a good looking dude so he could technically fit the profile... except its weird that her twin would be considered more beautiful so it would have to also include an internal beauty component 

36 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Its a joke. Craster said it in season 2. 

Jaime is a good looking dude so he could technically fit the profile... except its weird that her twin would be considered more beautiful so it would have to also include an internal beauty component 

They're not identical twins. Re inner beauty--difficult on the show, easy in the novels. Depends on what Jaime does after leaving Cersei. Does he go back? Does he fight the NK? He's unpredictable.

Archived