Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

On 10/19/2017 at 6:06 PM, Rast said:

Tyrion’s advice will cause Daenerys to lose half her armies

We will learn that Valyrian steel will not kill the Night King

Ghost will make a cameo appearance saving Jon

Even in death Viserion will not harm his mother

Kings Landing will come under siege by the wights and Cersei will reconsider Jon’s offer

We will get a Cleganebowl but it will be interrupted by the White Walkers and turn into a Zombiebowl. Sir Gregor will perish saving his little brother

We will not get a elephant(Gold Command) vs. mammoth(wight) bowl

Beric will die saving Tormund

Tormund will die saving Brienne

Brienne will die saving Jaime

Jaime will die saving Bran

Bran will continue to not give a damn

A Scorpion will bring down Viserion

Samwell Tarly and Qyborn will usher in an age of science

Continued

Daenerys will have triplets through cesarean

Sansa will become Warden of the North

Arya will become Lady of Winterfell

Jon will give at least 10 speeches and issue 3 challenges for one on one combat

We will not get ice spiders

Bronn will not get a castle

Euron will discover that even though wights can’t swim they can walk across a frozen river

Tormund will die but with his last breath maintain he f**ked a bear

Either Grey Worm or Missandei (or both) will die

Theon’s Iron fleet will combine with Salladhor Saan’s fleet

Cersei will enlist the Warlocks of Qarth

Cersei will enlist the Red Priests/Priestesses of R'hllor

Thanks to catapults, ballistas, wildfire, mystic runes, and the Golden Company, King’s Landing will present a formidable challenge to the Night King

On 24.10.2017 at 10:44 PM, Faera said:

In a way, it would be interesting if she was the one to kill Cersei, becoming the Queenslayer to Jaime's Kingslayer.

Pretty much. While I wouldn't be surprised if it was a woman, we cannot rule out a man. What would be even funnier would be if the "another younger and more beautiful" is a man while the "valonqar" is a woman, a complete reverse on what Cersei is expecting.

YMBQ is Jaime

And the valonquar Arya

1 hour ago, Nowy Tends said:

The Red Priests/Priestesses who sing the praises of Daenerys throughout Volantis? Yeah sure…

The Red Priests/Priestesses will become allies with anyone they believe will help their cause. I think Cersei will promise to build them a church in Kings Landing.

52 minutes ago, Rast said:

The Red Priests/Priestesses will become allies with anyone they believe will help their cause. I think Cersei will promise to build them a church in Kings Landing.

A church? And free ice cream? :D

These R'hllor priests are totally hallucinated, they burn people alive, they support Daenerys as a Queen, and you seriously think they can be bought with the promise of a church, coming from someone like Cersei who is completely transparent to people accustomed to dealing with the human soul? :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

A church? And free ice cream? :D

These R'hllor priests are totally hallucinated, they burn people alive, they support Daenerys as a Queen, and you seriously think they can be bought with the promise of a church, coming from someone like Cersei who is completely transparent to people accustomed to dealing with the human soul? :rolleyes:

Cersei burned the High Sparrow, his militia, the Seven, the Great Sept, and big chunk of followers (I bet Kings Landing holds the record for people burned alive), the Lord of Light should make her a Red Priestess. :D

Kinvara supported Daenerys in Essos while Melisandre chose Stannis in Westeros so it’s unclear what their official policy is regarding the Iron Throne.  Although I don’t think they would aid Cersei against Daenerys, their promised one,  I do think they would help against the Night King, perhaps inscribing wight proof Wards on the perimeter walls and using whatever supernatural abilities they possess.

Obviously this is all speculation on my part but my reasoning is that we will probably see Melisandre again and I don’t believe she’ll return to the north where there’s a death sentence waiting for her so what better place to go to than King’s Landing. Maybe an opportunity to build a church on the ashes of the Great Sept. Oh yeah, and ice cream. Unlimited ice cream.

On 23/10/2017 at 8:25 PM, Newstar said:

So you don't think Sansa will be interim LOW, or you don't think she'll end up as LOW? What do you think her endgame fate will be if not LOW? Dead? Lady of the Vale? Something else? (Don't mean to come off as snarky, I'm genuinely curious and honestly don't know where she'll wind up if not LOW or dead.)

As you said, LoW or dead. There is no other ending for her, in the show at least. I'm like 99% convinced she'll end up LoW rather than dead, simply because D&D went to such a length to make her look like the right person, to the point that they had to downplay other characters in her favor. Ironically they did a poor job cause they ruined her story as well as other characters, such as Arya, LF and to a certain extent Jon and Bran too. They really messed up with WF but my point is that yeah, she will end up as LoW. 

Lena Headey's Cersei is the show's biggest asset and its worst liability, if that makes any sense. No disrespect to Ms. Headey: she's one of the few good actresses left on the show--there, I said it--and TV Cersei is a meaty, compelling character. However, at the same time, I'm getting tired of her gobbling up screen time that could be better spent on more deserving plotlines, and I suspect I'm not the only one.

Indeed you are not and well said.

I love Headey and I enjoyed Cersei in the show but truth be told by season 7 I was sick and tired with her, Jamie and the whole KL plot. I truly hoped she would be dying by the end of the season. I don't know if their intention was always to keep her alive till the end. Smh I doubt that and that's smth I hate. When the writers try to fit a character and a plotline into the actor, cause they love that actor, it's never a good thing IMO. I didn't like that in The Vikings and Ragnar, although he was great, and I do not like it here. 

Anyway, season 7 was a huge disappointment so I'm not holding my breath for season 8 either, in terms of plots and characters. I'm just going to enjoy the cinematography and the music - which no doubt will be stunning - and see how it ends but that's it. 

15 hours ago, Caterina Sforza said:

I love Headey and I enjoyed Cersei in the show but truth be told by season 7 I was sick and tired with her, Jamie and the whole KL plot. I truly hoped she would be dying by the end of the season. I don't know if their intention was always to keep her alive till the end. Smh I doubt that and that's smth I hate. When the writers try to fit a character and a plotline into the actor, cause they love that actor, it's never a good thing IMO.

Sometimes it feels like there is a lot of this going on in GoT.

I don't know if their intention was always to keep her alive till the end.

It depends on whether you think she will make it to the end in the books. Personally, I don't think so. There is next to nothing Cersei can contribute to the "bigger picture" at this point in the books. Maybe there will be a big U-turn at some point but the idea of Cersei ever, ever being anything like her TV counterpart seems pretty unlikely. There's a reason why some parts of the fandom call her "Carol".

But yeah, they have played up Lena-Cersei so much I'm getting to the point where I groan at the sight of her.

As you said, LoW or dead. There is no other ending for her, in the show at least. I'm like 99% convinced she'll end up LoW rather than dead, simply because D&D went to such a length to make her look like the right person, to the point that they had to downplay other characters in her favor. Ironically they did a poor job cause they ruined her story as well as other characters, such as Arya, LF and to a certain extent Jon and Bran too. They really messed up with WF but my point is that yeah, she will end up as LoW. 

Oh, "Sandra" is going to rule the North if she doesn't die. The entire WF plotline was pretty stupid, boring and character-assassinating for everyone involved. They made Arya look like a complete dual personality nutjob and Bran ex machina, frankly, might as well not be there. Like how Kit Harrington was non-existent all season in WF... even when he was there. It's hard to care about any of the Starks in S7 when they are boring, crazy or "basically God".

Anyway, season 7 was a huge disappointment so I'm not holding my breath for season 8 either, in terms of plots and characters. I'm just going to enjoy the cinematography and the music - which no doubt will be stunning - and see how it ends but that's it. 

Honestly, the soundtrack is the thing I am looking forward to the most. That, and the battle scenes, which I imagine will be well done if Miguel Sapochnik is working on them.

1 hour ago, Faera said:

Sometimes it feels like there is a lot of this going on in GoT.

True. Although to be fair I did like it in some cases, like with Robb. But I think in his case it did serve a good purpose in terms of narrative and it was nice to see more of Robb. 

It depends on whether you think she will make it to the end in the books. Personally, I don't think so. There is next to nothing Cersei can contribute to the "bigger picture" at this point in the books. Maybe there will be a big U-turn at some point but the idea of Cersei ever, ever being anything like her TV counterpart seems pretty unlikely. There's a reason why some parts of the fandom call her "Carol".

But yeah, they have played up Lena-Cersei so much I'm getting to the point where I groan at the sight of her.

No, I do not believe she will make it to the end in the books either. However, in the books you have Aegon/Griff to cover KL and a possible conflict with Dany. In the show that's totally missing, so I guess they didn't have much choice in the end. But yeah, I'm really weary of her and the whole KL "politics". She seems to be the only player left south of seven Kingdoms now. No big houses, no allies, except for cartoonish version of Euron. It felt so "small" and "cheap". I don't know how to describe it. Maybe if they really bring in play the Golden Company it will help. 

Oh, "Sandra" is going to rule the North if she doesn't die. The entire WF plotline was pretty stupid, boring and character-assassinating for everyone involved. They made Arya look like a complete dual personality nutjob and Bran ex machina, frankly, might as well not be there. Like how Kit Harrington was non-existent all season in WF... even when he was there. It's hard to care about any of the Starks in S7 when they are boring, crazy or "basically God".

I love the Starks and I love WF. I had never thought I would be able to go cringeworthy mode on watching any scene at WF. Not even when Bolton had it and Ramsay the psyco was ruling, but they did manage to do that with this season. 

Honestly, the soundtrack is the thing I am looking forward to the most. That, and the battle scenes, which I imagine will be well done if Miguel Sapochnik is working on them.

Right! How could I forget about the CGI and battle scenes with Miguel?! :unsure::)

That's worth watching anytime, in my book. :thumbsup: And seriously, Ramin Djawadi has been a wonderful discovery as a composer. He has never missed once in this show and has been such a strength. Absolutely fantastic! I was very surprised to learn that he has been nominated only once for GoT, an Emmy award, and didn't won either. I just can't believe that.  :huh: The guy deserve more than one. :wub:

On 30/10/2017 at 8:29 PM, Caterina Sforza said:

No, I do not believe she will make it to the end in the books either. However, in the books you have Aegon/Griff to cover KL and a possible conflict with Dany. In the show that's totally missing, so I guess they didn't have much choice in the end. But yeah, I'm really weary of her and the whole KL "politics". She seems to be the only player left south of seven Kingdoms now. No big houses, no allies, except for cartoonish version of Euron. It felt so "small" and "cheap". I don't know how to describe it. Maybe if they really bring in play the Golden Company it will help.

Yes, Cersei is a little too unstable to really have a place in the end game in the books (as much as I will miss her utter insanity!) I recall reading somewhere that the Iron Throne will change hands a few more times before the end. We also have the hint of a "DotD 2.0", which would certainly work well if Aegon is the one doing what Cersei is doing in the show. It almost feels a shame the show didn't really have the courage to truly Red Wedding any more characters.

Euron is another example of a character who is nothing like his book counterpart. How did they take arguably the worst human being in the series and turn him into... what we got on the TV show?

Plus, as you say, noble houses are dropping like flies. You'd think the only bannermen left in the whole Kingdom was in the North. All the others are just AWOL or dead.

On 31/10/2017 at 11:52 PM, Faera said:

Yes, Cersei is a little too unstable to really have a place in the end game in the books (as much as I will miss her utter insanity!) I recall reading somewhere that the Iron Throne will change hands a few more times before the end.

That's likely. If the prophecy is right, Cersei could become Queen for a short time. 

It almost feels a shame the show didn't really have the courage to truly Red Wedding any more characters.

Absolutely. That's the biggest miss in season 7, together with lak of consistency regarding characters and use of plot devices. 

You'd think the only bannermen left in the whole Kingdom was in the North. All the others are just AWOL or dead.

Exactly. There was no one even in the last episode, when they were supposed to show Cersei the wight. Why would Cersei send Sansa an invitation - especially when Jon, the King in the North, was going there - and nothing to other Lords?:mellow: Jut poorly executed. The whole thing. -_-

35 minutes ago, Caterina Sforza said:

Exactly. There was no one even in the last episode, when they were supposed to show Cersei the wight. Why would Cersei send Sansa an invitation - especially when Jon, the King in the North, was going there - and nothing to other Lords?:mellow: Jut poorly executed. The whole thing. -_-

Indeed, like that Great Truce in the Dragonpit...

Wouldn't it have been so much better it would have been if there were a MASSIVE crowd of bannermen - lords and representatives - behind each of their chosen monarchs, filling those seats? Also, none of this whole "bend the knee to me" nonsense. Let's actually treat Euron and Jon like monarchs in their own right rather than puppets of the two queens.

Cersei would have most of the Crownlands, the Stormlands and most of the Westerlands;
Euron Greyjoy would have the Iron Islands proper.
Daenerys would have the rest of the Crownlands (sworn to Dragonstone), the Reach (which she did take back), the Ironborn sworn to Yara Greyjoy, and Dorne;
Finally, Jon would have the North, the Vale of Arryn and the lands of the Gift i.e. the Wall (Get Lord Commander Ed Tollett turn up!) and the Wildlings.

They could even have a line about how the Riverlands are completely split with the death of Walder Frey and the Freys out of commisson, some could have declared for Jon and Sansa (via their previous loyalty to Robb), others for Cersei and others purposely have remained neutral. Having a huge crowd of powerful heads of houses, their heirs or at least their vessels would at least make the whole suicide trip to capture a wight seem like it was working towards more than shaking down Cersei Lannister who, at this point, has the least in the way of manpower as far as everyone else is concerned. It would have given a true all-encompassing rally cry from Jon to the whole of the Seven Kingdoms if members of every ruling house saw what they were up against.

5 hours ago, Faera said:

Indeed, like that Great Truce in the Dragonpit...

Wouldn't it have been so much better it would have been if there were a MASSIVE crowd of bannermen - lords and representatives - behind each of their chosen monarchs, filling those seats? 

When I saw the letter that Sansa received from Cersei (which again, didn't make sense to me but whatever), that's exactly what I thought it was going to happen in the Dragonpit scene. But nope. It was more important to have old pals meeting each other and make some cheap jokes. :mellow:

Also, none of this whole "bend the knee to me" nonsense. Let's actually treat Euron and Jon like monarchs in their own right rather than puppets of the two queens.

Amen. :agree:

Wouldn't it have been so much better it would have been if there were a MASSIVE crowd of bannermen - lords and representatives - behind each of their chosen monarchs, filling those seats? 

Cersei would have most of the Crownlands, the Stormlands and most of the Westerlands;
Euron Greyjoy would have the Iron Islands proper.
Daenerys would have the rest of the Crownlands (sworn to Dragonstone), the Reach (which she did take back), the Ironborn sworn to Yara Greyjoy, and Dorne;
Finally, Jon would have the North, the Vale of Arryn and the lands of the Gift i.e. the Wall (Get Lord Commander Ed Tollett turn up!) and the Wildlings.

They could even have a line about how the Riverlands are completely split with the death of Walder Frey and the Freys out of commisson, some could have declared for Jon and Sansa (via their previous loyalty to Robb), others for Cersei and others purposely have remained neutral. Having a huge crowd of powerful heads of houses, their heirs or at least their vessels would at least make the whole suicide trip to capture a wight seem like it was working towards more than shaking down Cersei Lannister who, at this point, has the least in the way of manpower as far as everyone else is concerned. It would have given a true all-encompassing rally cry from Jon to the whole of the Seven Kingdoms if members of every ruling house saw what they were up against.

If only. It would've been a great scene and it would've made much more sense. It would've given some credibility to that retarted idea to go beyond the wall and capture a wight for Cersei. 

19 hours ago, Caterina Sforza said:

If only. It would've been a great scene and it would've made much more sense. It would've given some credibility to that retarted idea to go beyond the wall and capture a wight for Cersei. 

It would have been even better if they had met on more neutral ground, like Harrenhal or something. You can understand why people might not want to turn up to Cersei's doorstep after slaughters like the Red Wedding and the mass poisoning at the Crossing -- guest right is completely out the window. Still, even meeting in King's Landing, it would have made sense for everyone to turn up as a big pack. That way, if a battle did break out, it wouldn't have felt like they were as exposed. Then again, letting Dany into the city with her dragons was a calculated risk, too, I suppose.

Either way, I would have loved for some of the Northern lords to come down with Jon - perhaps the older ones - give them a bit more character. It really felt like his side was short of bodies: it was him, Brienne, Pod and the Hound. Give him some other reps: Manderly, Cerwyn, Glover, Mormont, whoever is helping Karstark and Umber keep going. Heck, get Howland Reed out of his moving castle for once - they've name dropped him enough. If he's still feeling too agoraphobic, send Meera who is an established character already. Imagine either of them having a chat with Jon. It would have been better than what we got.

Heck, Jon should have brought some of his wildlings and Sansa should have ordered some of the Vale lords to go; they didn't all need to be there to see Littlefinger get his throat cut since they all hated his guts anyway. Let's have them do something useful! 

2 hours ago, Faera said:

Either way, I would have loved for some of the Northern lords to come down with Jon - perhaps the older ones - give them a bit more character. It really felt like his side was short of bodies: it was him, Brienne, Pod and the Hound. Give him some other reps: Manderly, Cerwyn, Glover, Mormont, whoever is helping Karstark and Umber keep going. Heck get Howland Reed out of his moving castle for once - they've name dropped him enough - and he's still too agoraphobic, send Meera. Imagine either of them having a chat with Jon.

Heck, Jon should have brought some of his wildlings and Sansa should have ordered some of the Vale lords to go; they didn't all need to be there to see Littlefinger get his throat cut since they all hated his guts anyway. Let's have them do something useful! 

Me too. All the reps from Cersei's side and Jon's side should've been there. Manderly, Glover and Mormont are much more important that Brienne. They too need to be convinced, since Jon decided to "bend the knee" without discussing with them first. But we know they used Brienne in function of that BS that went on in WF. 

What do you think is the best choice to end the story? I mean as in the final conflict/war. I think they are going with KL and Cersei as their final conflict. It does make sense but I'm rather conflicted about it. One of the things I've loved in the series was this looming threat from the Others. It's the biggest threat against the mankind. I'm afraid it will be underwhelming smh if they quickly end that war in order to concentrate more in the final war against Cersei, for the throne. Unless, they manage to do smth grandiose in two episodes, which I presume would be ep.2 and 3. 

On 11/02/2017 at 8:43 PM, Faera said:

Absolutely. And you may add a representative of the Citadel; no one thought the Westerosi "scientific" authority should be informed?

Dany dies, obviously. All dragons die. 

The Mountain is undead, so he is ignored by wights, allowing him to kill them easily.

All the main characters form a new Seven that are worshiped for 5000 years:

Jon - The Father

Dany - The Mother

Brienne or Sandor - The Warrior

Gendry - The Smith

Sansa - The Maiden

Tyrion - The Crone

Arya - The Stranger

13 minutes ago, nscheffel said:

Dany dies, obviously. All dragons die. 

The Mountain is undead, so he is ignored by wights, allowing him to kill them easily.

All the main characters form a new Seven that are worshiped for 5000 years:

Jon - The Father

Dany - The Mother

Brienne or Sandor - The Warrior

Gendry - The Smith

Sansa - The Maiden

Tyrion - The Crone

Arya - The Stranger

Where is Bran? :mellow:

Archived