Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

23 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Agreed. 

Interestingly the actress who played Meera had an interview recently and it does not appear to be looking good for her return

http://watchersonthewall.com/isaac-hempstead-wright-revels-in-crackpot-bran-theories-ellie-kendrick-questions-meera-return-in-game-of-thrones-season-8/

This shouldn't be surprising to anyone who read the Season 7 scripts, as it was outright stated by the writers that Meera's scene in Winterfell with Bran would be her last of the series.

It felt like a fitting, if tragic, sendoff. 

I've actually read through most of this and I think some of my predictions have already been made...but here goes

Jon - so much...when Dany finds out that his claim is stronger than hers, she will accuse him of treason and order Drogo to burn him.  Won't work, she learns that he is a true Targaryen and the rightful king.  Proof, look up GRRM's college picture.  Beard, etc, he IS Jon Snow and therefore Jon will be king.  He will also ride Rhaegal in the final battle with the NK.

Night King - obviously has the upper hand right now, but with a fatal flaw.  When you kill a white walker, you break the link to the magic that sustains all the walkers they have created.  That means the walkers will be defeated by killing the NK.  He will die and the war with the walkers will suddenly end as they all fall down.  I'm going to predict this happening the 3rd or 4th episode just because it will be super tedious to play out nothing but desperate battles against an impossibly strong enemy.  Nothing else can move forward to resolve the rest of the realm until the NK is dealt with and the only things left to happen here is a 3 way dragon duel, the NK winning every battle that he fights, a slow progression to the south and then a big battle in which the NK is killed.  As to who does it - I'll say 70/30 that it is Jon or Brienne.  Has to be someone with a valyrian steel sword and these are the only two I know of in the area.

Bran/3ER - will continue to be a side character used to reveal history and story.  He will also provide the key clue on how to kill the NK.  There's a theory about him BEING the NK, but I think it goes a step too far.  We saw the NK being created and ti was not Bran.

Lady Brienne - defends Winterfell against the NK and is knighted for it.  Eventually marries Jamie and becomes the Lady of Casterly Rock

Jamie - survives the war and retires from public life with his knighted wife.

Bron - sadly will die due to the poison of the long goodbye

Varys, Melissandre - both will die.  I wish Varys could live, but someone has to die.

Tyrion - I'm going to go with Tyrion staying true to Dany and Jon.  Obviously Jon's entrance into the politics creates a small problem for him, but his loyalty has always been toward the realm and I think he still believes that they are the ones to fix it.  He certainly cannot be stupid enough to trust his sister after everything she has done.

Daario Naharis - will show up again with his mercenary army to fight against Dany.  He still smarts from being left behind, but he will have to die for his betrayal of love.

Grey Worm - lives and retires to be a farmer with Missandei.  They raise orphans as their own and live to be very old.

Sansa - clumsy as she is being portrayed, she will be the lady of winterfell and have a good match.  Perhaps Podrick, who while isn't a great status, would be very good for her.

Arya - will finish most of the names on her list.  Some will be killed by other means.  She otherwise remains a free spirit, roaming the world at her will.

Who did I miss...Ah, Cersei - I predict Jamie, in the throne room, with the longsword.  Probably in the last episode or second to the last episode so we can tie up all the happy endings at once without negativity.

Brienne in Season 2 said “who wants to die defending a Lannister” 

Jaime in season 5 said “i want to die in the arms of the woman i love”

Prediction: Brienne dies defending Jaime and she dies in the arms of the man she loves. This is a show only prediction as in the books good reason to assume she outlives him.

People will learn that bittersweet ending doesn't mean killing off all the characters. There will be a death or two, but some people (not just this thread but others) are predicting mass deaths and more of a "depressing" type ending. I think they will be disappointed. 
Personally I think Dany dying would be a good way to end the story, the show isn't going to do it. IMO.

1 hour ago, btfu806 said:

People will learn that bittersweet ending doesn't mean killing off all the characters. There will be a death or two, but some people (not just this thread but others) are predicting mass deaths and more of a "depressing" type ending. I think they will be disappointed. 
Personally I think Dany dying would be a good way to end the story, the show isn't going to do it. IMO.

I agree with you. Of the core 8 characters i actually only expect Cersei and Jaime to die. Dany i don’t really think will die but everyone is pretty sure she will which depending on the day makes me think either its a classic case of group think or maybe she is a gonner. The 3 remaining Starks I think are safe as is Jon and Tyrion. 

Davos, Sam, Gilly, Missandei are all fairly safe. 

The remaining I am not sure, but there will prob be a death or two in the big battles.

On 9/2/2017 at 4:45 PM, Newstar said:

1. There will be a miracle Jonerys baby. 

2. Jon and Dany will get married.

3. Cleganebowl will happen.

4. Varys and Melisandre will die.

Newstar seems to have the eye on the ball pretty neatly.

Season 8 will be just plain, predictable fantasy. They destroy the One Ring, Saruman is routed from the Shire, and peace will return to Middle Earth.

I'm on the right universe, right?

17 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Season 8 will be just plain, predictable fantasy. They destroy the One Ring, Saruman is routed from the Shire, and peace will return to Middle Earth.

I think Newstar is right. 

This thing is still a fantasy tale. Its potentially a better more realistic one that plays with tropes in clever ways to do the unexpected, but its still of the genre and thus prob will have an ending that is not totally off the reservation for the genre. 

The show also tipped its hand.

18 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Well, at least LOTR did have a bittersweet ending. I'm concerned we're not even going to get a true rendition of that at the end of GoT. Like, their idea of the bitter part will just be slaughtering all extraneous characters they stockpiled en mass.

Maybe they bump off a few of the regular-regulars, who up until this point we knew were never going to die because they had "teh plot-armourz", like Jon, Daenerys and the remaining Stark and Lannister siblings. Y'know, to show they really mean business. The only characters where I would be *genuinely* be shocked if they killed them off at some point next year are Tyrion and Samwell.

Either way, much of the supporting cast like Tormund, Jorah, the Hound and Brienne could be for the chop too but by doing things like taking away Jorah's greyscale, having Brienne do next to nothing for the past three years has really taken away from the gravity I might have felt when they likely die.

The Night King, having never been south of The Wall, will fly past King's Landing and end up in Dorne, where he abandons that whole Winter thing in favor of laying out on the beach and soaking up the rays.  With all those undirected zombies stumbling about, Jon and Daenerys will develop the sport of wight-hunting on dragons. Sam will find the secret of incubating and hatching dragon eggs without necessity of human sacrifice, thus enabling them to establish a world-renowned stable of dragons for the hunt.  The nobility will beggar themselves paying for dragon stud fees, throwing sand in the financial bearings of the Wheel.  Varys, foreseeing that the countryside will run out of wights and the nobles will go back to hunting peasants again, persuades the Night King to go into the resurrection business.  He refuses to leave the beach, so Varys hires the Ironborn to ship the dead on ice, both of which there is a never-ending supply that everyone wants to get rid of. Win-Win-Win-Win.

9 hours ago, Old Rusty Coin said:

The Night King, having never been south of The Wall, will fly past King's Landing and end up in Dorne, where he abandons that whole Winter thing in favor of laying out on the beach and soaking up the rays.  With all those undirected zombies stumbling about, Jon and Daenerys will develop the sport of wight-hunting on dragons. Sam will find the secret of incubating and hatching dragon eggs without necessity of human sacrifice, thus enabling them to establish a world-renowned stable of dragons for the hunt.  The nobility will beggar themselves paying for dragon stud fees, throwing sand in the financial bearings of the Wheel.  Varys, foreseeing that the countryside will run out of wights and the nobles will go back to hunting peasants again, persuades the Night King to go into the resurrection business.  He refuses to leave the beach, so Varys hires the Ironborn to ship the dead on ice, both of which there is a never-ending supply that everyone wants to get rid of. Win-Win-Win-Win.

Night King on the Beach.

I reckon he's got nice abs.

I still think most of Westeros will be lost and the “bittersweet” ending will see the surviving characters fleeing to Essos. 

Winterfell and King’s Landing fall to the Walkers. 

A new wall is erected in Dorne.

The survivors live to tell the tale of a new long night, as snow falls on the pyramids of Mereen. 

On 5/11/2017 at 1:00 PM, Faera said:

Still a more worthy goal than anything Cersei can provide as a climax to this show. 

But, I still fear you are right; they have overplayed that character so much I'll cheer when she finally croaks no matter when it comes.

This. 

As jcmontea said, that ship sailed when she survived season 7, and I really don't see the NK skipping WF. It doesn't really make sense. The North is the first region to face him and his dead army. 

It's not necessarily a bad thing to finish with KL and the Throne, although I'm tired with Cersei. It seems they are bringing into the play the GC, so that's an interesting development. I'm a bit concerned they don't have enough time to treat that properly though.

Furthermore, there is the question of Jon and Dany, their "claim" and "right" for the throne. That is far more interesting for me, rather than Cersei plot. 

Whatever they decide though, the things that concerned me most are some of the questions they've never answered in the show. This isn't just a fantasy story but still, there are strong fantasy elements. The Others, to begin with, are an important factor and it's their biggest threat. Dragons have been such an important factor, and will continue to be so. Bran's powers seems to be very important too. I want to know how his powers work. How Arya's powers (aka faceless men) work. How the WW work? Killing one WW so other whights get killed cause he "turned" them was silly, and in anycase it doesn't answer the question. How do you kill a Zombie Dragon? Can another Dragon kill him? What are those patterns that the WW have been doing since season 1, and what do they mean? Explain them. I don't think their motivation is other than just destroy mankind. That's why they were created. But I would like to know why now? Is there a meaning/reason behind it? Is the NK a greenseer (he looks so to me, at least)? Is that what "connects" him with Bran and why Bran was "chosen"? These are all important questions to the story. Do they have the time, with 6 episode left, to answer them all? I really doubt that. 

On 11/18/2017 at 1:48 PM, Beardy the Wildling said:

Yeah, D&D aren't very good at concealing secrets, even without the leaks.

I think that but then I read 90% of these forums and r/asoiaf and they think Dany is dead and Sansa is going to end up as Queen after Jon abdicates so maybe D&D are not as bad at concealing secrets as we think. 

Although my first impression was ok this is clearly ending with Jon and Dany on the throne and Dave and Dan are not even being subtle about it anymore. 

52 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

I think that but then I read 90% of these forums and r/asoiaf and they think Dany is dead and Sansa is going to end up as Queen after Jon abdicates so maybe D&D are not as bad at concealing secrets as we think. 

Wait what? Sansa going to be a Queen where? That would be silly, if they mean sitting in the IT, or do they mean in the North? 

I'm staying away from spoilers but I presume this is just a fan theory?

2 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Although my first impression was ok this is clearly ending with Jon and Dany on the throne and Dave and Dan are not even being subtle about it anymore. 

It's honeypotters who attribute more depth to the show than there actually is.

People are so determined to make GoT in its televised form this transcendent, game-changing thing, but honestly, it's just something that started as an adaptation and is ending as a generic fantasy, and I think that's going to badly affect the later seasons of GoT in terms of timelessness.

7 hours ago, Caterina Sforza said:

This. 

As jcmontea said, that ship sailed when she survived season 7, and I really don't see the NK skipping WF. It doesn't really make sense. The North is the first region to face him and his dead army. 

It's not necessarily a bad thing to finish with KL and the Throne, although I'm tired with Cersei. It seems they are bringing into the play the GC, so that's an interesting development. I'm a bit concerned they don't have enough time to treat that properly though.

Furthermore, there is the question of Jon and Dany, their "claim" and "right" for the throne. That is far more interesting for me, rather than Cersei plot. 

Whatever they decide though, the things that concerned me most are some of the questions they've never answered in the show. This isn't just a fantasy story but still, there are strong fantasy elements. The Others, to begin with, are an important factor and it's their biggest threat. Dragons have been such an important factor, and will continue to be so. Bran's powers seems to be very important too. I want to know how his powers work. How Arya's powers (aka faceless men) work. How the WW work? Killing one WW so other whights get killed cause he "turned" them was silly, and in anycase it doesn't answer the question. How do you kill a Zombie Dragon? Can another Dragon kill him? What are those patterns that the WW have been doing since season 1, and what do they mean? Explain them. I don't think their motivation is other than just destroy mankind. That's why they were created. But I would like to know why now? Is there a meaning/reason behind it? Is the NK a greenseer (he looks so to me, at least)? Is that what "connects" him with Bran and why Bran was "chosen"? These are all important questions to the story. Do they have the time, with 6 episode left, to answer them all? I really doubt that. 

All very good questions and more that will most likely be shoved into the "eh, kinda category".

Again, I am still hoping for genuine convergence with all the plotlines rather than dealing with NK then Cersei or vice versa. Since I do not foresee the GC being set up for anything other than betraying Cersei for Jon and Dany, she really doesn't have much going for her. As much as the show likes to tote the character of Cersei so much that she has outstayed her welcome when dealing with the bigger picture... so, if she is left until after the world is saved, I don't see her going out in a big final battle for King's Landing. Cersei should really go out in a whimper as it finally dawns on her that she lost everything.

21 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Night King on the Beach.

I reckon he's got nice abs.

Aha! Yes! @Old Rusty Coin - you genius! All this time, all NK and his White Walkers wanted was to get warm.

The last scene will be Jon and NK on the beach reconciling their differences with their shirts off and abs out as Dany and Drogon get a nice BBQ going for the rest of the surviving cast. Roll credits!

Archived