Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

On 15/12/2017 at 0:01 AM, jcmontea said:

Point 2 is a very good observation 

I agree it's likely a hoax. But:

Spoiler

"The War for the Dawn" has never been used so far in the show. Yes. But the "Long Night" was promised. It seems it will never happen.
But maybe it will come, finally. Maybe Bran will introduce the name from what he knows from the legends. The show seems to use him as a lazy way to acquaint us fast with the prophetic stuff they left over in the early seasons.

On 9/2/2017 at 7:17 AM, #teamNightking said:

Danaerys dies in childbirth.  But she names the child Eddard Targaryen for Jon.

I think the baby will be a girl and Daenerys will name her Lyanna Targaryen to honor Jon, the Stark family, and her brother, Rhaegar.

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched ending of season 7 would like them to find an egg for jonDany baby ..I believe the ww will take bran back to lands of always winter and will turn into WHITE Walker .I know I want to read the final 2 books bad so much more if they went longer hard to believe only 6 episodes left.It looks like there is no stopping Army of dead and the White Walkers now pass wall and got dragon .

23 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Do the leaks tell if Arya is alive or dead at the end?

ETA I can't find these leaks on reddit, but its true that the previous leaks were called fake right up until the shows aired that proved them accurate.

Not that I can see.

I've always thought that if Arya does survive the series, she'll end up as a professional assassin and torturer.

On 1.1.2018 at 4:02 PM, Cas Stark said:

Do the leaks tell if Arya is alive or dead at the end?

ETA I can't find these leaks on reddit, but its true that the previous leaks were called fake right up until the shows aired that proved them accurate.

Yeah, but this time it is different. This time it was a guy from 4chan, who by now has admitted that he has made all just up. Last season it was a worker on a hotel who had the possibility to see the outline in the hotel room of the producers, at least that is what the leaker had claimed. 

On 18/12/2017 at 11:47 AM, Giomax said:

I think the baby will be a girl and Daenerys will name her Lyanna Targaryen to honor Jon, the Stark family, and her brother, Rhaegar.

Maybe they'll Twilight it and go for Rhaenna or something...

Personally, I hope the kid doesn't get named something cringy like an on the nose homage to their parents. Ned I sort of understand but Rhaegar/Lyanna homages would feel a bit too on the nose. Sort of like how I hope the kid isn't the automatic pick for ruler of the Seven Kingdoms just because she (I too suspect it'll be a girl) is the product of the accidental avunculate union between her Targaryen mother/great-aunt and father-cousin.

• 3 weeks later...

It's impossible to predict anything until 2019.  My predictions could be right or wrong, I don't know.  I can't say for certain.

The most certain prediction I have is that Sam would rule the Reach.  A Jamie-Brienne romance.  Also the miracle targareyan baby.  Probably Mel, Beric and Varys dying.  Maybe some deaths of secondary or tertiary characters while fighting the Night King.

I think that Sansa's and Arya's fates are linked.  Either they both live or they both die (I like both sisters equally for different reasons and hope both live).  I think Sansa will be warden of the north.  I think Arya will marry a lord and rule his castle and have many children  (most likely she would marry Gendry).

I based this on the expectations both girls have in the beginning of the series.  Sansa believed that she would follow Catelyn's path and marry a lord, move from the north and take on her husband's name.  Arya on the other hand wanted to follow Ned's path and be a knight, not lose her stark name and not move away to marry a lord and have his children.  In reality Sansa is following Ned's path and Arya is following Catelyn's path. (Arya is in the Riverlands and Sansa is in the Vale)  Both were naive in the beginning about the world (they were children) and both went through hellish experiences.  I don't think they wanted the same things that they did before they left Winterfell.  I think Arya wants home and family the most. (Her list is a part of that.  For a long time she was striving to get home and went to the Faceless Men because she had no home to go back to)  I think Sansa doesn't want to be abused or victimized or be under somebody else's power.  Sansa wants to make her own decisions and not be ruled by a capricious husband.  Understandably, Sansa might be tired of being a marriage pawn.

Also I think Arya is more like Catelyn then she thinks she is and Sansa is more like Ned then she thinks she is.  Both girls were influenced by both their parents, not just the one they feel the closest to.

I think everything else is a tossup.  Don't know if Jon or Dany lives or dies.  Don't know what would happen to the Lannister's, Dorne, Iron Islands, Theon, Yara, Sweetrobin, Edmure, Bronn or Pod.  Could go either way.

11 hours ago, goldenmaps said:

I based this on the expectations both girls have in the beginning of the series.  Sansa believed that she would follow Catelyn's path and marry a lord, move from the north and take on her husband's name.  Arya on the other hand wanted to follow Ned's path and be a knight, not lose her stark name and not move away to marry a lord and have his children.  In reality Sansa is following Ned's path and Arya is following Catelyn's path. (Arya is in the Riverlands and Sansa is in the Vale)  Both were naive in the beginning about the world (they were children) and both went through hellish experiences.  I don't think they wanted the same things that they did before they left Winterfell.  I think Arya wants home and family the most. (Her list is a part of that.  For a long time she was striving to get home and went to the Faceless Men because she had no home to go back to)  I think Sansa doesn't want to be abused or victimized or be under somebody else's power.  Sansa wants to make her own decisions and not be ruled by a capricious husband.  Understandably, Sansa might be tired of being a marriage pawn.

If you expect Arya to positively embrace her femininity in Game of Thrones, I honestly don't know what show you've been watching, but it's not GoT. Arya treated Sansa's feminine tasks with disdain, and seems to think killing people is the best form of social mobility she has, and according to D&D, Needle isn't a representation of home, like the Books, but revenge. Just get into the moronic headspaces of D&D for a moment.

Do you:

1: Intelligently explore Arya's relationship with femininity and women's role in society, as well as opening up her desires for romantic companionship and maybe some stability after the chaos she's been through, or:

2: Make her use that valyrian steel dagger of hers to kill a White Walker and be the most awesome, vengeance-killing BADASS GRILL to placate the legions of fans who watch Game of Thrones in a bar, oohing and ahing over every solitary showing of a tit, dragon, or mutilated body part?

Think about what D&D would do, not what an intelligent writer who wants to explore intelligent ideas would do. There, you'll find your answer.

1 hour ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

If you expect Arya to positively embrace her femininity in Game of Thrones, I honestly don't know what show you've been watching, but it's not GoT. Arya treated Sansa's feminine tasks with disdain, and seems to think killing people is the best form of social mobility she has, and according to D&D, Needle isn't a representation of home, like the Books, but revenge. Just get into the moronic headspaces of D&D for a moment.

Do you:

1: Intelligently explore Arya's relationship with femininity and women's role in society, as well as opening up her desires for romantic companionship and maybe some stability after the chaos she's been through, or:

2: Make her use that valyrian steel dagger of hers to kill a White Walker and be the most awesome, vengeance-killing BADASS GRILL to placate the legions of fans who watch Game of Thrones in a bar, oohing and ahing over every solitary showing of a tit, dragon, or mutilated body part?

Think about what D&D would do, not what an intelligent writer who wants to explore intelligent ideas would do. There, you'll find your answer.

I feel you are right about D&D and that they don't have any nuances on femininity.  It is either badass or using sex as a weapon.  

They did say the ending would be like the books.  I'm basing my assessment on where I think the books would go.  In the books home and family is what she wants.  She thinks about it often of finding a home and family.  It would seem to be coming out of left field on the show because they didn't really establish that connections.  I don't think we know much about Arya's feelings about her mother on the show or how much she really lost.  I felt that in the books from both Sansa and Arya.  How much both girls miss their mother.  (Cat is one of her pesonas in Bravos in the books). In the books, Cat is missing her daughters too and the loss she feels that they are not with her.  On the show after they were reunited we only hear about Cat in the context of Littlefinger.  On the show they played up the revenge and played down the family.  

16 minutes ago, goldenmaps said:

I feel you are right about D&D and that they don't have any nuances on femininity.  It is either badass or using sex as a weapon.  

They did say the ending would be like the books.  I'm basing my assessment on where I think the books would go.  In the books home and family is what she wants.  She thinks about it often of finding a home and family.  It would seem to be coming out of left field on the show because they didn't really establish that connections.  I don't think we know much about Arya's feelings about her mother on the show or how much she really lost.  I felt that in the books from both Sansa and Arya.  How much both girls miss their mother.  (Cat is one of her pesonas in Bravos in the books). In the books, Cat is missing her daughters too and the loss she feels that they are not with her.  On the show after they were reunited we only hear about Cat in the context of Littlefinger.  On the show they played up the revenge and played down the family.  

If they end up keeping Arya's ending the same as whatever GRRM had in mind, and that whatever is her ironically embracing motherhood, hoo boy.

The transition between psycho-face Arya and family-oriented Arya within six hour-long episodes is gonna transition like a car crash.

I agree. The transition would be rough.  They did say they would keep GRMM ending.  Arya is his wife's favorite and she is the only character to have POV in every book so far.  I think they missed Arya's main them of wanting home and family.  Revenge is a secondary motive in the books.  

On 3.1.2018 at 10:22 PM, Dragonsbone said:

Yeah, but this time it is different. This time it was a guy from 4chan, who by now has admitted that he has made all just up. Last season it was a worker on a hotel who had the possibility to see the outline in the hotel room of the producers, at least that is what the leaker had claimed. 

You mean the one where Edd gets killed by a WW in the 1st episode? Whew.

9 hours ago, goldenmaps said:

I mean you think Sam Tarly is going to be LP of the Reach and that wouldn't be close to possible in the books. You're positioning Sam as some southern Jon Snow.

Ex-Night's Watchman becomes ruler of the Reach

17 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

I mean you think Sam Tarly is going to be LP of the Reach and that wouldn't be close to possible in the books. You're positioning Sam as some southern Jon Snow.

Ex-Night's Watchman becomes ruler of the Reach

Sorry.  I meant that he would be the person most likely to be alive after all of this.  I do see the possibility about the tyrells because of their ambitions and machinations could end up like the Gardners and a new house will take over the Reach.

20 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Understatement of the fucking century given their remarks on Inside the Episode.

That quote made me laugh.  Thank you.  I believe that D&D don't really care about the starks that much.  They probably did not see them as important, and GRMM does (its his ending we are getting).  I think that the motivations of both Sansa and Arya are different than in the books (Sansa is victimized AGAIN.  When I think she is starting to take control, learning and not be a victim in the books.  As human beings we are shaped by our experiences. I doubt she would be brutally tortured and raped repeatedly in the books) I think because of this people would see the ending for them as coming out of left field in the show.  

• 2 weeks later...

Another really cool thing that probably won't happen: 

The human army slays a whole bunch of zombies with dragonglass (also with fire, whatever works best or is available in a given case); but then the NK arrives, gloats and raises his hands again - after a few seconds of wondering why he's doing this (not that many losses on their side, surely raising them again isn't a huge deal), they suddenly realize what's going on:

It turns out that wights killed with dragonglass, can be brought back again - the dagger killed the "spirit" that was inhabiting them and made a motionless corpse out of them just like they were originally; however it didn't leave any antispirit spells behind, so you can just put another spirit in there and it'll move and kill again.

So now they've left a bunch of dead wights just lying around, still whole and functional, in a tactically compromising location, on this side of the walls/gates/etc. - they all stand up again, start attacking the unprepared army within their stronghold, and win - or cause a major setback in either case.

Very unlikely, because they probably aren't going to call any major attention to this retcon that they did - maybe a jokey remark somewhere, but nothing on this scale.

1. There will be a one on one fight to settle a larger battle (much like Jaime offered Rob, and Jon offered Ramsey). This is where we will get Clegane Bowl....or possibly Jon or Jorah vs Dario or whoever the golden company champion is. 

2. Cleganebowl will end with both men being disarmed of weapons. A savage round of fisticuffs will end with Sandor smashing Gregor's head into a fire until it boils and explodes. (Burning himself a little more in the process)

3. The main character bad asses will take out the whitewalkers while the normal human footsoldiers are fighting the dead....many of the dead will fall as the hero's with valyrion steel cut up the white walkers that created them. The heroes will then be able to surround the Night King. I cant think of what could happen here, but some twist will happen.

4. Jaime will be the true hero (but I don't think he kills Cersei)

5.Theon will beat the brakes off of Euron.

6. Not sure

Archived