Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

Spoiler

I subscribe to a theory that we’ve misunderstood the white walkers this whole time, and they have been/ are taking children in hopes of touching the right one (some variation of the prince that was promised prophecy) and turning back into regular humans.  That may be bonkers, but it’s a theory I haven’t seen before and I’m not sure (at least in the show universe) what would contradict it.  I think Cersei will marry Euron.  Ultimately there will be a light red wedding 2.0 where Cersei and her unborn child are the only ones killed (Talisa style plus Euron choking her to death).  The story with Euron will be wrapped by the beginning of episode 5.  The last two episodes will focus on wrapping up the war for the dawn.  I haven’t thought too much about the specifics or what’s going to happen to each character (for example Brienne and the Hound, no clue and really I don’t care enough about either of them enough to speculate they're either going to die or they aren't).  

At the very end, Winterfell and King’s Landing are both ruins.  Dany is pregnant and ready to give birth when Jon takes six people north of the wall to chase the Night King and finish things. All of the dragons are dead (a choice I’m sure I’m wrong about since D&D love them so much) but the undead army has failed in taking over the kingdom.  When analyzing towns and castles that the Night King’s Army has attacked, someone notices that the white walkers killed all the adults and took the children.  The Night King, what’s left of his wight army, and one other White Walker have gone north to the land of always winter and Jon along with six people (Jaime, Jorah, Gendry, some others) are on their way to go rescue these children which would include a kidnapped Lyanna Mormont.  Meera is there as well but for separate reasons.  Jon and company square off with the Night King (armed with two swords) and the remaining white walker similar to how Ned and company took on Arthur Dayne.  

In the fight, pretty much everyone in Jon’s company dies (except Jaime and Gendry) and Jon goes toe to toe with the Night King.  Meera with the help of Bran, Ghost, and Nymeria’s wolf pack is inside the Night King’s castle thing freeing the kidnapped children.  Meera sacrifices herself so they can all escape including Lyanna Mormont.  Jon gets mortally wounded when the Night King stabs him.  The Night King is surprised Jon survived being stabbed by his ice blade and goes to touch Jon, but Lyanna stabs him from behind with Longclaw which explodes dazing Lyanna and mortally wounding the Night King.  Before the Night King dies he touches Jon’s face and turns back into a human.  All of the wight’s explode and the snow stops.  

Jon crawls over to a weirwood tree and leans against it.  Bran appears and the two have a brotherly moment (Bran learns earlier this season his powers are linked to the Night King and now that he’s dead Bran’s powers and 3ER persona are fading away).  Bran never gets to tell Jon about his parentage throughout the season due to the obstacles that keep them apart but tells him that Dany died in child birth at Castle Black and that they have three healthy children.  There is a wide shot and we hear Ghost howl in the distance.  The music replaces all of the ambient sounds dramatically.  Gendry and Jaime run up to Jon and put him on horseback to take him back to Castle Black before he dies.  We as the audience don't know what actually see what happens next. 

The time jumps about fifteen years into the future where it’s spring and Bran is lord of a rebuilt Winterfell.  Since he lost his power he’s normal Bran again.  The scene has a bunch of kids running around and doing stuff reminiscent of the first episode at the courtyard in Winterfell.  Davos comes to Bran and says “Lord Stark, it’s Ghost.”  And it cuts to the Godswood where they’re draping a blanket over his old and dead body.  Someone says something along the lines of “he held on as long as he could but spring is not a season for direwolves.”  

There is a funeral for Ghost that all of our remaining characters are present for (Davos, Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, Gendry, Jaime, maybe Brienne, maybe the Hound are among them) as well as Dany and Jon’s kids.  After they finish and Ghost is buried Bran says to him “goodbye brother” and the camera pans away while the most dramatic Winterfell music yet plays.  You realize as the audience that Bran used the last of his power to put Jon’s mind into Ghost so he could see his kids grow up as much as possible.  Not sure how Dany factors into this ending or what the kids are all named/ who gets what in Westeros.

I'm not so sure how much I believe this is possibly how the show could end, but it's based largely on a dream I'd had the other night and I wanted to share.  

25 minutes ago, YoungGriff89 said:
  Hide contents

I subscribe to a theory that we’ve misunderstood the white walkers this whole time, and they have been/ are taking children in hopes of touching the right one (some variation of the prince that was promised prophecy) and turning back into regular humans.  That may be bonkers, but it’s a theory I haven’t seen before and I’m not sure (at least in the show universe) what would contradict it.  I think Cersei will marry Euron.  Ultimately there will be a light red wedding 2.0 where Cersei and her unborn child are the only ones killed (Talisa style plus Euron choking her to death).  The story with Euron will be wrapped by the beginning of episode 5.  The last two episodes will focus on wrapping up the war for the dawn.  I haven’t thought too much about the specifics or what’s going to happen to each character (for example Brienne and the Hound, no clue and really I don’t care enough about either of them enough to speculate they're either going to die or they aren't).  

At the very end, Winterfell and King’s Landing are both ruins.  Dany is pregnant and ready to give birth when Jon takes six people north of the wall to chase the Night King and finish things. All of the dragons are dead (a choice I’m sure I’m wrong about since D&D love them so much) but the undead army has failed in taking over the kingdom.  When analyzing towns and castles that the Night King’s Army has attacked, someone notices that the white walkers killed all the adults and took the children.  The Night King, what’s left of his wight army, and one other White Walker have gone north to the land of always winter and Jon along with six people (Jaime, Jorah, Gendry, some others) are on their way to go rescue these children which would include a kidnapped Lyanna Mormont.  Meera is there as well but for separate reasons.  Jon and company square off with the Night King (armed with two swords) and the remaining white walker similar to how Ned and company took on Arthur Dayne.  

In the fight, pretty much everyone in Jon’s company dies (except Jaime and Gendry) and Jon goes toe to toe with the Night King.  Meera with the help of Bran, Ghost, and Nymeria’s wolf pack is inside the Night King’s castle thing freeing the kidnapped children.  Meera sacrifices herself so they can all escape including Lyanna Mormont.  Jon gets mortally wounded when the Night King stabs him.  The Night King is surprised Jon survived being stabbed by his ice blade and goes to touch Jon, but Lyanna stabs him from behind with Longclaw which explodes dazing Lyanna and mortally wounding the Night King.  Before the Night King dies he touches Jon’s face and turns back into a human.  All of the wight’s explode and the snow stops.  

Jon crawls over to a weirwood tree and leans against it.  Bran appears and the two have a brotherly moment (Bran learns earlier this season his powers are linked to the Night King and now that he’s dead Bran’s powers and 3ER persona are fading away).  Bran never gets to tell Jon about his parentage throughout the season due to the obstacles that keep them apart but tells him that Dany died in child birth at Castle Black and that they have three healthy children.  There is a wide shot and we hear Ghost howl in the distance.  The music replaces all of the ambient sounds dramatically.  Gendry and Jaime run up to Jon and put him on horseback to take him back to Castle Black before he dies.  We as the audience don't know what actually see what happens next. 

The time jumps about fifteen years into the future where it’s spring and Bran is lord of a rebuilt Winterfell.  Since he lost his power he’s normal Bran again.  The scene has a bunch of kids running around and doing stuff reminiscent of the first episode at the courtyard in Winterfell.  Davos comes to Bran and says “Lord Stark, it’s Ghost.”  And it cuts to the Godswood where they’re draping a blanket over his old and dead body.  Someone says something along the lines of “he held on as long as he could but spring is not a season for direwolves.”  

There is a funeral for Ghost that all of our remaining characters are present for (Davos, Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, Gendry, Jaime, maybe Brienne, maybe the Hound are among them) as well as Dany and Jon’s kids.  After they finish and Ghost is buried Bran says to him “goodbye brother” and the camera pans away while the most dramatic Winterfell music yet plays.  You realize as the audience that Bran used the last of his power to put Jon’s mind into Ghost so he could see his kids grow up as much as possible.  Not sure how Dany factors into this ending or what the kids are all named/ who gets what in Westeros.

I'm not so sure how much I believe this is possibly how the show could end, but it's based largely on a dream I'd had the other night and I wanted to share.  

Pretty cool ending. I like that ghost part a lot. The night king did kill kids at Hardholm though. The kids being zombies is what got that hot wildling lady killed. And I don't really see Lyanna Mormont being as big of a character as your theory suggests. But, I could definitely "see" your story and i enjoyed it.

3 minutes ago, Onion Hound said:

Pretty cool ending. I like that ghost part a lot. The night king did kill kids at Hardholm though. The kids being zombies is what got that hot wildling lady killed. And I don't really see Lyanna Mormont being as big of a character as your theory suggests. But, I could definitely "see" your story and i enjoyed it.

As opposed to riding south to rescue a Lyanna, Jon would be riding north to rescue a Lyanna.  Except this one isn't dying and she's sick of the Night King's shit.  

5 minutes ago, YoungGriff89 said:

As opposed to riding south to rescue a Lyanna, Jon would be riding north to rescue a Lyanna.  Except this one isn't dying and she's sick of the Night King's shit.  

What if it were Arya (who looks and acts like Lyanna, and Jon loves more than anyone) goes after the Night King by herself...so Jon rides North to save her? 

21 minutes ago, Onion Hound said:

What if it were Arya (who looks and acts like Lyanna, and Jon loves more than anyone) goes after the Night King by herself...so Jon rides North to save her? 

Even better.  I’m not so sure about the Hardhome thing though, weren’t those wight kids that killed Karsi obviously dead for a while?  How do we know the Night King or the wights had anything to do with killing them?  

51 minutes ago, YoungGriff89 said:

Even better.  I’m not so sure about the Hardhome thing though, weren’t those wight kids that killed Karsi obviously dead for a while?  How do we know the Night King or the wights had anything to do with killing them?  

Yeah, they were pretty haggard looking. Could have been dead for awhile. I do think the Night King has an ulterior motive or may be completely misunderstood like you suggested. I also think children, their deaths in westeros, and the lack of childhood for most is a main theme of the story. So yeah, you may be on to something.

30 minutes ago, Onion Hound said:

Yeah, they were pretty haggard looking. Could have been dead for awhile. I do think the Night King has an ulterior motive or may be completely misunderstood like you suggested. I also think children, their deaths in westeros, and the lack of childhood for most is a main theme of the story. So yeah, you may be on to something.

Now I think I remember one of the kids getting up off of the ground, implying that it had just died but the one that Karsi made eye contact with was shirtless and looked like it had starved to death.  

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, Beardy the Wildling said:

Do you:

1: Intelligently explore Arya's relationship with femininity and women's role in society, as well as opening up her desires for romantic companionship and maybe some stability after the chaos she's been through, or:

2: Make her use that valyrian steel dagger of hers to kill a White Walker and be the most awesome, vengeance-killing BADASS GRILL to placate the legions of fans who watch Game of Thrones in a bar, oohing and ahing over every solitary showing of a tit, dragon, or mutilated body part?

Think about what D&D would do, not what an intelligent writer who wants to explore intelligent ideas would do. There, you'll find your answer.

1. You do understand there are 6 episodes left right? GRRM has published 5 books and in none of them has Arya expressed her feninimity or ANY desire to have a romantic companion, but you think it would be intelligent to totally change a character after 7 seasons of build up?

2. In the books she is training to be a BADASS GRILLLLL..(even younger than tv Arya BTW) I assume you think GRRM is doing that to placate the legions of fans who read in their homes too right?

It's amazing how many people are so great at writing, so much better than the people actually writing and directing one of the more successful tv/cable franchises ever.

It's 4am, I am tired and I guess i have zero tolerance tonight for this.

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:57 PM, Onion Hound said:

1. There will be a one on one fight to settle a larger battle (much like Jaime offered Rob, and Jon offered Ramsey). possibly Jon or Jorah vs Dario or whoever the golden company champion is. 

Did I miss something? Daario is sworn to Dany and is ruling Mereen in her absence isn't he? Man I am really thinking that the last scene he was in she did this to him, said he couldn't come to Westeros with her. Then her and Tyrion talked while she remarked how easy it was for her to leave him like that, then she names Tyrion Hand?

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Did I miss something? Daario is sworn to Dany and is ruling Mereen in her absence isn't he? Man I am really thinking that the last scene he was in she did this to him, said he couldn't come to Westeros with her. Then her and Tyrion talked while she remarked how easy it was for her to leave him like that, then she names Tyrion Hand?

No, you are right. You're not missing anything. I can't really see Daario betraying Dany, or being a "bad guy", or why he'd even be with the golden company. But I think it's possible we see Daario again. I also think that they kind of foreshadowed a fight between Jorah and Daario a couple times. 

6 hours ago, dbunting said:

1. You do understand there are 6 episodes left right? GRRM has published 5 books and in none of them has Arya expressed her feninimity or ANY desire to have a romantic companion, but you think it would be intelligent to totally change a character after 7 seasons of build up?

2. In the books she is training to be a BADASS GRILLLLL..(even younger than tv Arya BTW) I assume you think GRRM is doing that to placate the legions of fans who read in their homes too right?

It's amazing how many people are so great at writing, so much better than the people actually writing and directing one of the more successful tv/cable franchises ever.

It's 4am, I am tired and I guess i have zero tolerance tonight for this.

Eh, there is probably a reason that the books have numerous people telling Arya she is pretty and looks like her dead beautiful aunt Lyanna, the hopeless romantic who threw it all away for love, and that has to do with Arya growing up and seeing a side of herself that she has never recognized in the badass killer.

I don't see the show going in this direction though.

11 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Eh, there is probably a reason that the books have numerous people telling Arya she is pretty and looks like her dead beautiful aunt Lyanna, the hopeless romantic who threw it all away for love, and that has to do with Arya growing up and seeing a side of herself that she has never recognized in the badass killer.

I don't see the show going in this direction though.

Right, which is why in a Season 8 thread it doesn't track to say Arya will suddenly want to be married and a Lady. Now in an Arya reread thread this would make perfect sense.

On 2/8/2018 at 9:01 PM, Onion Hound said:

Maybe Arya gets kidnapped by Cersei, who wants to kill her for looking like Lyanna, whom Cersei hated because Robert and Rhaegar chose her?

Maybe Sansa, if she survives, will choose a husband as an equal? 

Perhaps it's as Prince Albert said in The Young Victoria: "I should find [a husband] to play it with you, not for you."

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2018 at 8:43 AM, dbunting said:

If that's your takeaway from Book!Arya slowly losing her identity and desperately holding onto anything that'll remind her of home, while happening to be training to be an assassin, I dunno what to say.

While D&D think Arya going around killing people is the culmination of her character development, the best thing ever, GRRM is quite clearly depicting the Faceless Men as being a dangerous cult that's de facto brainwashing Arya. You know, they're sinister, as opposed to people that magic grills into BADASS MASCULINE AWESOMENESS by hitting them with bo staffs.

14 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

If that's your takeaway from Book!Arya slowly losing her identity and desperately holding onto anything that'll remind her of home, while happening to be training to be an assassin, I dunno what to say.

While D&D think Arya going around killing people is the culmination of her character development, the best thing ever, GRRM is quite clearly depicting the Faceless Men as being a dangerous cult that's de facto brainwashing Arya. You know, they're sinister, as opposed to people that magic grills into BADASS MASCULINE AWESOMENESS by hitting them with bo staffs.

So who's right?

15 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

So the show should spend 3-4 seasons showing Arya slowly losing herself only to come back again? IDK I would think that Arya in the books is heading to be similar to Arya in the show, but the show doesn't have a decade to flesh it out.

15 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

So who's right?

Nobody and everybody because it's just opinions.

6 hours ago, dbunting said:

IDK I would think that Arya in the books is heading to be similar to Arya in the show, but the show doesn't have a decade to flesh it out.

True. I honestly think one of the biggest reasons D&D have just plain stopped giving a fuck is the pressure of churning out the writing in way less than a year without book material.

2 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Looks like friki is confirming that KL blows up and Cersei is no longer queen when the dragon attack on KL starts

and that's the one for spoilers:

here we need spoiler tags or people who don't want to know about the plot  end up reading spoilers.

Archived