Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

I think that Arya might rule the Riverlands.  The Riverlands have been written a lot in the books.  The only other regions that have been written more are the North, Essos and Kings Landing.  Arya and Catelyn's POV was mostly in the Riverlands for two books and Brienne, Lady Stoneheart, the Brotherhood and Nymeria are still there.  We spent all this time seeing how the common folk are living in the Riverlands and how they have been mistreated.  The Riverlands and the North are part of Arya's legacy through Cat and Ned.  The only other people to be considered for ruling the Riverlands are the Freys, Edmund Tully and his son (who we don't know if they would live or die) or Sweetrobin (who we don't know would live or die).  A Stark can inherit the Riverlands and Arya is the Stark who spent the most time there. 

I could be wrong about this theory and I have no clue if it would happen.  Just think that it might be likely especially since the show is going with Sansa ruling the North and Dany or Jon being on the Iron Throne. 

I know the show hasn't spent as much time in the Riverlands as in the books.  I'm going on what I think GRMM might do.  He wrote a lot about the Riverlands. 

• 2 months later...

The predictable ending is that Jon and Dany rule Westeros with their children as heirs.

Put on my tinfoil hat.

A more interesting ending will be no Targ restoration.  I think that Jon and Dany's kid is the Prince that is Promised and that this kid will be the sacrifice needed to be made to defeat the Night King.  I think that Melisandre's visions were somewhat correct except that it didn't pertain to Stannis but pertained to Jon and Dany.  Jon and Dany will need to sacrifice their heir to end the Long Night.  I think that was why she went to Dany in season 7 and had her meet Jon.  I also think that King's Landing will burn down and that there would not be a ruler of a unified Westeros.  I think each region will rule itself.

I think that some god has been guiding the Targ dynasty so that they can end the Long Night.  They escaped the Doom of Valyria because of this destiny.  Dany can birth dragons because of it.  Jon has been resurrected because of it. 

I don't know if we will get a final broad view of who is in charge where. Maybe if the ending plays out at a funeral for Jon/Dany, where the new Lords all come to pay their respects to the fallen heroes.

IDK, maybe the last cut shows a crying Dany walking away from Jons funeral pyre with a visible baby bump?

So many possibilities and so many more months to find out!

• 3 weeks later...

Just went to Con of Thrones in Dallas and listened to folks state how GRRM upsets tropes left and right. I do not consistently hold to that view, and I also think that there are 8 episodes? left in which to conclude the story.  

While I do think there is some evidence that Dany could turn dark, there is just not enough time.  In the book, yes.  Not for the show. 

Is there enough evidence for Arya to stay an assassin and be murdered by another?  Yes.  There is simply not enough time for Arya to become a happy homemaker or even a bored wife.  Books, yes.  Show, no.  

Is there time for Jaime and Brienne to become lovers?  We have 2 folks who respect and care for each other but has enough evidence be presented for their relationship to become physical?  Show - toss-up.  Books, sure.

Jon is my biggest problem - the prince hiding in plain sight, who never really wanted to rule but did hope to be an honorable man.  I can easily see Jon taking the same ending as Balian of Ibelin in Kingdom of Heave.  Simply leaving, staying anonymous, and just having a quiet life. If he loses Dany, this is what I predict for Jon.  Perhaps the show can end with the addition of Val, in a final scene.

Both Daenerys and Jon Snow die horrible deaths.  But their child survives and is brought up by a Hand - Regent (probably the Imp) to sit on the Iron Throne. Sansa rules the North.  Arya goes off into the sunset to discover new lands and have adventures.  Sam Tarley become Maester of Maesters or something.  How the Wall gets resurrected or even if it needs to, have no idea, much less what happens to any of the other kingdoms and principalities. Or the Children o the Forest, or 3-eyed Ravens.  Or the weir or gods wood trees.  Or even what happens to the zombies.  Because none of it has made much sense from the beginning and makes less sense all the time, so there's nothing to build on.  It's all arbitrary and whimsical -- except we know that due to inclination of creator of the books and the television series's showrunners, neither Jon nor Daenerys can survive.  It would blow at least D&D's superior gloating over being sooooooooooooooooooooo edgy all to pieces if Daenerys and Jon survive -- and with baby to boot!

Since HBO has confirmed they will go for stories set before GOT, I assume that all magic has died by the end of the show:

Daenerys, Jon Snow, Melisandre, the Night King, the dragons, the direwolves ... RIP

That will be the bitter part of the ending, the price to pay for humanity to prevail.

Tyrion and Sansa will rule, and they are already married. 

I think we will see a political re organization of the kingdom. The North independence has been a topic since season 1, so I expect the North to be independent in the end. In my theory we will have:

Jon Snow and Sansa Stark ruling the 7 kingdoms as King and Quenn. King Aegon and Queen Sansa;

Arya Stark as Queen in the North;

Theon Greyjoy as King of the Iron Islands;

Jaime Lannister as hand of the King Aegon Targaryen;

Jaime will marry Brienne and have his happy ending

Cersei will die during the destruction of KL;

Daenerys will burn down KL with her dragons and be the Queen of Ashes, in the end she will be defeated and exiled back to Essos.

Tyrion will be blamed for bringing the mad king's daughter to Westeros with dragons and foreign armies.

The winter will devastated the country, those who survive the wars of Ice and Fire will starve to death without the food that was burned down or destroyed during the wars.

King Aegon will rule over a graveyard but in the end he will restore the country and the kingdom will be great once again.

Archived