Already prepared for the Golden Company to be a disappointment - Book Spoilers

Adam_Up_Bxtch

Now it's time to discuss how they'll handle the Golden Company in the show. IF we'll even see them. I could totally see Theon, trying to save Yara, intercepting & killing Euron before he can retrieve the Company.

IF they do actually appear they'll most likely be a generic sellsword company and their most notable feature will be "they have elephants" OMG WOW SO COOL <_<. Most likely none of their Targaryen & Blackfyre history will be mentioned, sadly. No Young Griff or JonCon. Bittersteel's golden skull won't be shown.

After seeing that terribly delivered and written fate of LF which people are calling "GoT coming back into it's own." *ugh* I have little to no faith in this show or these writers to do anything of note with the Golden Company. I'll be SHOCKED if we even get the backstory of the company in a line of dialogue or something, because the casuals have no clue who the Blackfyres were or who Aegor Bittersteel was so what's the point of even mentioning that information? Especially if The GC is just being introduced to give Cersei a fighting chance when she should of been slaughtered by Daenerys at the beginning of this season.

So what do you guys think is gonna happen with this plotline?

With six episode left, I think it'll be a bad idea to delve into the history of the GC. I think they were set up to show how the iron bank dislikes having loans completely paid back and talks it's customers into taking out more loans. And it seems logical that cersei would try to hire as many soldiers as she can.

For all we know Golden Company might be a doublecross by the Iron Bank. Then again the series plays fast and loose with lore - otherwise Nestoris would have a nice retort for Cersei's snark about slave trade profits ("There are no slaves in Braavos. We definitely do not mourn worsened economic situation of Volantis based on the drop in slave trade. Now can we return to your debt?")

Then again having a supposedly savior mercenaries turn on her might drive Cersei into doing something stupid, so... 

Archived