The four great houses. Who lives, who dies?

DireKiwi

The 4 main houses of Westeros are the Starks, the Lannisters, The Baratheons and the Targaryens.

Who of these 4 great houses will be left in the end you think?

My prediction:

Baratheon: Gendry is the only one left of his family that we know of but will he live in the end? I think so.

Lannister: Only three left, Cercei will die and Jamie will be following her in death. Tyrion survives.

Stark: Bran dies, Arya and Sansa both survive.

Targaryen: Daenerys dies and Jon survives

Agree with everything except for the Targaryen-branch.

I think Daenerys will survive and Jon will die actually. He does live on borrowed time already.
It all comes down to whether all the talk about her getting pregnant in this season is a red herring or not.

If she becomes pregnant in S8, I doubt she will give birth before the dust has settled, perhaps not even until the very end of S8, and I simply can't see her getting killed off while being pregnant.
If she doesn't become pregnant however, I find it more likely that Jon will survive and that she will die.

Of course, they might both survive the actual wars, and then Daenerys dies in childbirth at the very end of the season.
That would be a horrible ending however, I can't imagine a worse fate for Daenerys than to die that way.

Either way, I don't think that both Jon and Daenerys will be dead in the end.
Having both protagonists die is not a bittersweet ending, it's a tragic ending.

Edit: Also, you forgot house Arryn, they're currently still alive.

i see, or at least hope:

house targaryen: jon and dany and their child, refounding a new targaryen dynasty.

house baratheon: gendry, legitimized and trying to learn how to be a lord.

house stark: arya maybe survives and goes on to be with gendry, if he can help her refind her humanity, sansa marries some lesser lords and names her children starks, bran finds his own cave beneath winterfell and becomes entwined with the heart tree's roots.

house lannister: cersie dies in the red keep, maybe trying to blow everyone up again after losing her baby in a miscarriage. jaime dies killing her to keep her from killing everyone in a mad rage. tyrion survives and marries a lowborn girl and makes lots of sarcastic smart babies.

22 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Agree with everything except for the Targaryen-branch.

I think Daenerys will survive and Jon will die actually. He does live on borrowed time already.
It all comes down to whether all the talk about her getting pregnant in this season is a red herring or not.

If she becomes pregnant in S8, I doubt she will give birth before the dust has settled, perhaps not even until the very end of S8, and I simply can't see her getting killed off while being pregnant.
If she doesn't become pregnant however, I find it more likely that Jon will survive and that she will die.

Of course, they might both survive the actual wars, and then Daenerys dies in childbirth at the very end of the season.
That would be a horrible ending however, I can't imagine a worse fate for Daenerys than to die that way.

Either way, I don't think that both Jon and Daenerys will be dead in the end.
Having both protagonists die is not a bittersweet ending, it's a tragic ending.

Edit: Also, you forgot house Arryn, they're currently still alive.

%100 percent this but I fully expect Dany to die in childbirth.

23 hours ago, Error-504 said:

Except it will be revealed that both Jamie and Cersei are the product of Aery's taking liberties in the bedding ceremony of johanna, thus making them both Targs and not Lannisters. Dany then becomes the volonqar, killing Cersei. 

9 hours ago, Graydon Hicks said:

where the hell did you find that?

Yes, but Unlikely to happen in the show. BTW, Tywin married Joanna in 263 and Cersei and Jaime were born in 266. Aerys must have her pregnant during one of her "seldom" visits to KL.

Baratheon: Gendry, will get the name and marry Arya.
Lannister: I bet on Tyrion, maybe with Missandei. In books, I expect Jaime & Brienne.
Stark: Sansa and the Hound (why did they kill Rickon?)
Targaryen: Jon. My BIG guess is Jon don't die again and don't need an heir. He may have a child with Daenerys anyway.

9 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Yes, but Unlikely to happen in the show. BTW, Tywin married Joanna in 263 and Cersei and Jaime were born in 266. Aerys must have her pregnant during one of her "seldom" visits to KL.

Baratheon: Gendry, will get the name and marry Arya.
Lannister: I bet on Tyrion, maybe with Missandei. In books, I expect Jaime & Brienne.
Stark: Sansa and the Hound (why did they kill Rickon?)
Targaryen: Jon. My BIG guess is Jon don't die again and don't need an heir. He may have a child with Daenerys anyway.

were is the talk or evidence that the golden twins are aerys's? i know there are rumors that tyrions is, but jaime and cersie? this s the first ive heard of it.

18 hours ago, Graydon Hicks said:

were is the talk or evidence that the golden twins are aerys's? i know there are rumors that tyrions is, but jaime and cersie? this s the first ive heard of it.

It's much less popular than Tyrion. There should be some threads about it. But I would mention:

• The use of the word valonqar in Maggy's prophecy.The valonqar is probably Jaime.
  • Cersei and Joffrey are as mad as the worst Targaryens. What is the probability of 2 in 2 consecutive generations without heredity?
    Tyrion once said: "Cersei is as gentle as King Maegor, as selfless as Aegon the Unworthy, as wise as Mad Aerys".
    Or (referring to Joffrey): "Not Robert the Second," Tyrion said. "Aerys the Third."
  • We also have the last words of Aerys to Jaime: "Bring me your father’s head, if you are no traitor."
  • The incest and the frequent Cersei references to the Targaryen.
  • And of course the fascination of Cersei (and Joffrey) for Wildfire. And the expectation she will go mad and burn KL.
    When she burned the Tower of the Hand:

It is beautiful, she thought, as beautiful as Joffrey, when they laid him in my arms. No man had ever made her feel as good as she had felt when he took her nipple in his mouth to nurse... Cersei felt too alive for sleep. The wildfire was cleansing her, burning away all her rage and fear, filling her with resolve. "The flames are so pretty. I want to watch them for a while."

Archived