sansa, arya, and dany

starklover

I think that Sansa is going to hate her, out of jealosy. Not because she's a fan of Jon, but because she won't be happy over the fact that Dany will have influence over Jon. Also Dany is more beautiful than Sansa, more exotic, so she also will be jealous over her looks.

And Arya will probably be happy for him.

I'm so waiting for a reunion between Jon and Arya. And I want to see Dany seeing Jon with his family. Especially how he is with his little sister. That would be an indication, that he's going to be a good father.

to add on to above Dany also has the respect of many people and power, something Sansa tries and isn't as successful (imo). I predict Sansa will be unimpressed.

I can imagine Arya sizing Dany up, and I imagine she will respect Dany but be ready to slit her throat if she feels like Dany deserves it. 

Sansa most definitely won't like Dany at first. In her mind, this is the woman who "stole" Jon and made him bend the knee. The fact that Jon did this willingly and that Daenerys in Jon's mind deserves to be the queen of the seven kingdoms will have no effect on her.
We also know that Sansa wants to have Jon's ear, something that will be much harder for her with Dany around.

Arya on the flipside, will most likely size Dany up, come to the conclusion that she "has a good heart" and that she and Jon really care about each other. She will be like the protective sibling who get's to meet the in-law for the first time. 

How Dany will react to Sansa and Arya is harder to tell. If Sansa is openly disdainful and distrustful of Dany, then she will reflect those feelings.
As for Arya, I think Dany will approve of her combat skills and the fact that she and Jon is getting along very well. 

What could be problematic is if the Starks pack up. If they really are going for Aegon and his sisters. That leaves Dany in the cold. Also if the North proclaims Sansa Queen and Dany is faced with a ruler who is legitimate, chosen by their people, not crazy and who she can't get in bed with. Well she can but I don't see Sansa going for it.

I think they are going to love her. 

In this universe the only people to not like Dany are slave masters, racists like Tarly, the worst human ever Cercei and other characters we are supposed to dislike. It's just part of the story that to come into contact with Daenerys Targaryen is to fall under her sway. 

But aside from that general point I could see the Starks liking her for the following reasons: 

Arya - Dany loves Jon. That is enough. But in a world where girls don't get to choose who they are, Arya will respect this woman who has not only achieved what she has but is coming to save the North. Plus they will bond over killing Cercei. 

Sansa - If Jon marries Dany and moves to King's Landing that means Sansa can become Wardness of the North. Plus, Dany is here to save the north so there is that to. Plus, they will bond over killing Cercei. 

4 hours ago, Ser Micaelys said:

to add on to above Dany also has the respect of many people and power, something Sansa tries and isn't as successful (imo).

Sansa isn't respected by her people? Quite the opposite, they actually wanted to crown her during Jon's absence.

5 hours ago, Megorova said:

I think that Sansa is going to hate her, out of jealosy. Not because she's a fan of Jon, but because she won't be happy over the fact that Dany will have influence over Jon. Also Dany is more beautiful than Sansa, more exotic, so she also will be jealous over her looks.

Sansa has been surrounded by, arguably more beautiful women, such as Margaery, and she wasn't jealous of her. The issue for Sansa will be Jon's relationship with Daenerys and how it affects the North and her.

I believe she might not be fully OK with Jon and Dany, but that is because Dany's decision to name Jon a Warden of the North can mean Sansa would have to relinquish her position as Lady of Winterfell. 

2 hours ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

What could be problematic is if the Starks pack up. If they really are going for Aegon and his sisters. That leaves Dany in the cold. Also if the North proclaims Sansa Queen and Dany is faced with a ruler who is legitimate, chosen by their people, not crazy and who she can't get in bed with. Well she can but I don't see Sansa going for it.

LOL, this is good. This can go in different directions. I don't believe either of the three women will jump the bandwagon immediately. Sansa will have her issues regarding political consequences of Jon's choices, Arya was distrustful towards her own family, let alone strangers. Daenerys, on the other hand, is in full bend-the-knee mode. There will be some frictions but I doubt it will lead to some great schism. 

I am only afraid that this complex issues will be sorted out with Jon saying everyone "She has good heart" and everyone buying it.

I am also more interested to see how Sam will react to Dany (I suppose he found out about his father and brother) and how it will affect his friendship with Jon. 

Yeah I can't wait for these 3 characters plus Jon and Bran to get together in Winterfell.  I'm expecting a lot of conflict, at least to begin with.  You have Jon bending the knee to Dany, who Littlefinger has already planted in Sansa's mind may be a bit of a femme fatale to Jon, and then you add to that Arya who seems to be on the same page as Sansa now who is fiercely protective of Jon.  It should be a bit of a powderkeg kind of situation at least to begin with, and that's before you even factor in Bran dropping the incest bomb on Jon and Dany.  

Jon and Dany probably won't really be bothering or capable of hiding their romance and growing feelings towards each other, which will further throw it in Sansa and Arya's faces (not to mention Tyrions and Jorahs).  

So yeah, I expect a lot of conflict at least early on, but it should go away by the midway point of the season when the threat of the White Walkers takes centerstage.  

Sansa and Arya will.  They are now committed to family bonds.  But Sansa said to LF she doubts the bannermen will be okay with that.

The bannermen are fickle.  They chose Jon as tKitN, but then complained they should've voted for Sansa.  

2 hours ago, Tagganaro said:

Jon and Dany probably won't really be bothering or capable of hiding their romance and growing feelings towards each other, which will further throw it in Sansa and Arya's faces (not to mention Tyrions and Jorahs).  

For me, the more interesting aspect of all of this would not just be Stark girls v Dany, but actually Tyrion and Sansa being found as the "outcast" advisers of their respective monarchs. Their reunion and further interaction with these two being in love, would be interesting to see. I can only imagining Sansa and Tyrion one long night, staying awake late at night, talking "What the hell are we going to do with these two?"

39 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Sansa and Arya will.  They are now committed to family bonds.  But Sansa said to LF she doubts the bannermen will be okay with that.

The bannermen are fickle.  They chose Jon as tKitN, but then complained they should've voted for Sansa.  

I think it would put Jon in rather difficult situation. For him, the mission is clear, but all those people trust him. For them, everything relies on his word (although I suppose soon enough, they will have more than enough proof). And not only they will be asked to forget the old animosity between North and Targaryens. Jorah had the point, every Northern House bled during Robert's Rebellion and these things are not easily forgotten. To add the Dothraki, Unsullied and perhaps even Lannister force (I hope Jaime won't be coming alone) and we have a recipe for disaster. 

15 hours ago, princess brittany said:

do you think sansa and arya are going to like dany?

This is a great question, I think, cuz I haven't really heard much discussion about this.

But they WILL be meeting soon, so that should be a lot of fun to see.

And to answer your question, yeah, I do think Arya and Sansa will like Dany.  They are all powerful women, so they have that in common, PLUS, of course, she is related to Jon (on the Targaryen side of Jon's family, rather than the Stark side), so I think they will all have a natural affinity for one another.

Once Jon and Dany arrive at Winterfell, that should be REALLY cool, for so many reasons, one of which you've brought up.  Also, the LONG awaited reunion of Jon and Arya, plus just seeing Dany in Winterfell will be cool to me, since we've known Dany for so long, and we've been familiar with Winterfell for so long, but we've never seen them all at once, especially with snow in the air and on the ground.

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't think so! Sansa read about how Jon bent the knee for her, while she is ruling the North

An interesting point, and I suppose it might be a little thorn for a bit, but I believe this issue will be quickly swept aside.

All concerned (Arya, Sansa, Jon and Dany) will soon know the truth from Bran and Sam, that Jon is the true heir.

When Dany hears that, I expect her to yield to Jon (even though he may well decline to take the power).  If Dany offers and Jon refuses, then I don't see how Sansa or Arya can blame Dany for that, I'd say that's an issue they need to take up with Jon.

Even if Dany DOESN'T offer to give up the power to Jon, though, I don't think it's going to be a big deal.  My guess is that all concerned will just focus on defeating the Army of the Dead and then Cersei, and dealing with that other stuff later, if ever.

(Note that, as far as they know, it may all be moot anyway, cuz either Jon or Dany MIGHT die in the war, maybe even both.  So, why spend a bunch of time fighting and arguing about something that may be totally irrelevant in the near future?  My guess is that Jon will be the most reasonable about this, and basically say "Hey, whatever, who CARES???  None of it matters unless our side wins and we both survive, so let's focus on that and figure out all that other stuff later."  (Dany seems MUCH more interested in having power, but I think she'll see how this makes sense, and I can't dismiss the possibility that she even might offer the power to Jon.  Her whole claim is based on Targaryen inheritance, and CLEARLY Jon has a better claim, so I would expect her to honor and respect that.)

4 minutes ago, Cron said:

An interesting point, and I suppose it might be a little thorn for a bit, but I believe this issue will be quickly swept aside.

All concerned (Arya, Sansa, Jon and Dany) will soon know the truth from Bran and Sam, that Jon is the true heir.

When Dany hears that, I expect her to yield to Jon (even though he may well decline to take the power).  If Dany offers and Jon refuses, then I don't see how Sansa or Arya can blame Dany for that, I'd say that's an issue they need to take up with Jon.

Even if Dany DOESN'T offer to give up the power to Jon, though, I don't think it's going to be a big deal.  My guess is that all concerned will just focus on defeating the Army of the Dead and then Cersei, and dealing with that other stuff later, if ever.

(Note that, as far as they know, it may all be moot anyway, cuz either Jon or Dany MIGHT die in the war, maybe even both.  So, why spend a bunch of time fighting and arguing about something that may be totally irrelevant in the near future?  My guess is that Jon will be the most reasonable about this, and basically say "Hey, whatever, who CARES???  None of it matters unless our side wins and we both survive, so let's focus on that and figure out all that other stuff later."  (Dany seems MUCH more interested in having power, but I think she'll see how this makes sense, and I can't dismiss the possibility that she even might offer the power to Jon.  Her whole claim is based on Targaryen inheritance, and CLEARLY Jon has a better claim, so I would expect her to honor and respect that.)

I don't think that Dany will yield to Jon... My guess is that Jon will say "it doesn't matter" and they will proceed to prepare the strategy for the battle.

Deep inside Dany won't want to yield at all, it's her claim, she has always wanted to be Queen, so it will matter a lot for her, she might not say this, but it's a deep issue. And Jon will be very confused about his father and is aunt and what they did. He doesn't care about being heir to the throne. Dany does.

I think Jon will say he doesn't want the throne. He choose her as his queen not because of who her father is but because of who she is. Then she will say she chooses him as her King and they get married. This line from a ADWD foreshadows if clearly now that we know Jon's name is Aegon. 

"Five Aegons had ruled the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. There would have been a sixth, but the Usurper's dogs had murdered her brother's son when he was still a babe at the breast. If he had lived, I might have married him. Aegon would have been closer to my age than Viserys. (Daenerys I, ADWD)"

52 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't think that Dany will yield to Jon... My guess is that Jon will say "it doesn't matter" and they will proceed to prepare the strategy for the battle.

Well, if Dany doesn't offer to yield to Jon, I will consider her weak.

I'm sorry, but it's the truth.  She has claimed to live her life by certain principles (the rules of inheritance along Targaryen blood lines) and now, when they don't suit her, she may just abandon them??  Pretty weak, in my opinion.

Dany needs to make that offer, in my opinion, whether Jon offers it or not.  If Jon refuses, than fine, he abdicated.  But the honorable thing for Dany to do is to yield and offer to step aside, and if she doesn't I will be quite disappointed in her.

Deep inside Dany won't want to yield at all, it's her claim, she has always wanted to be Queen, so it will matter a lot for her, she might not say this, but it's a deep issue. And Jon will be very confused about his father and is aunt and what they did. He doesn't care about being heir to the throne. Dany does.

But...it's NOT her claim.  By all the rules she claims to be playing by, it is NOT her claim, whether she has wanted to be queen or not.

It doesn't matter how much Dany may want it, she is NOT the rightful heir, period, and we all know it.

Just like Renly, by the way.  I actually had no problem with Stannis crossing off Renly (within the world of Westeros).  Stannis was CLEARLY the rightful heir (as regards the Baratheons, at least), and Renly tried to usurp that and was in open rebellion.  Well, if a person lives in Westeros and tries that, I think that person should not be surprised if they get crossed off, no matter how much someone like Renly or Dany may "want" it.

If Dany won't yield, she's basically just another Renly, in my view.

40 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

I think Jon will say he doesn't want the throne. He choose her as his queen not because of who her father is but because of who she is. Then she will say she chooses him as her King and they get married. This line from a ADWD foreshadows if clearly now that we know Jon's name is Aegon. 

"Five Aegons had ruled the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. There would have been a sixth, but the Usurper's dogs had murdered her brother's son when he was still a babe at the breast. If he had lived, I might have married him. Aegon would have been closer to my age than Viserys. (Daenerys I, ADWD)"

She was referring to Elia's son, so it is not foreshadowing. That said, I am really not convinced that Jon's real name in the books is Aegon. I think they used the name because they have never named Elia's son on TV show. In the books, naming Jon Aegon would make even less sense. 

1 hour ago, Risto said:

She was referring to Elia's son, so it is not foreshadowing. That said, I am really not convinced that Jon's real name in the books is Aegon. I think they used the name because they have never named Elia's son on TV show. In the books, naming Jon Aegon would make even less sense. 

Will ultimatley depend on whether his name is really Aegon in the books and whether they get married. If those two things happen then it was foreshadowing if not than it was just some random sentence. 

However, it certainly feels like the chances of this being foreshadowing have increased a lot after season 7 now that she has a romantic relationship with her brother's son who might be named Aegon. 

1 hour ago, Cron said:

Well, if Dany doesn't offer to yield to Jon, I will consider her weak.

I'm sorry, but it's the truth.  She has claimed to live her life by certain principles (the rules of inheritance along Targaryen blood lines) and now, when they don't suit her, she may just abandon them??  Pretty weak, in my opinion.

Dany needs to make that offer, in my opinion, whether Jon offers it or not.  If Jon refuses, than fine, he abdicated.  But the honorable thing for Dany to do is to yield and offer to step aside, and if she doesn't I will be quite disappointed in her.

But...it's NOT her claim.  By all the rules she claims to be playing by, it is NOT her claim, whether she has wanted to be queen or not.

It doesn't matter how much Dany may want it, she is NOT the rightful heir, period, and we all know it.

Just like Renly, by the way.  I actually had no problem with Stannis crossing off Renly (within the world of Westeros).  Stannis was CLEARLY the rightful heir (as regards the Baratheons, at least), and Renly tried to usurp that and was in open rebellion.  Well, if a person lives in Westeros and tries that, I think that person should not be surprised if they get crossed off, no matter how much someone like Renly or Dany may "want" it.

If Dany won't yield, she's basically just another Renly, in my view.

I personally think its stupid for her to yield. His claim at the end of the day comes down to her being a woman and him being a man since its based on a sexist primogentiture system. Her whole thing is changing that system so I don't see her acquiecing to it. 

But I think she will ultimatley yield and propose a marriage alliance not because of the claim. Jon afterall did not bend the knee to her because of her claim. He bent the knee because he believed in her as a ruler. She will reciprocate because she belives in him as well and will wants to rule with him a man she loves, a man she believes in and the father of her child. 

I think the fact that they spent a lot of time talking about how both of them are in the positions they are because people believe in them and Tyrion suggesting elections as a matter of succession is potential foreshadowing for a more democratic system after the Great War. 

Archived